Go down
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

Marus Bridge Junction (ex roundabout) - Page 6 Empty Marus Bridge Junction (ex roundabout)

on Tue Dec 29 2015, 19:11
First topic message reminder :

I have been through it a few times now and have started coming to some concloosions about it, firstly the right turn into Poolstock Lane seems to operate in the same way as the right turn into Sainsburys, in that because traffic waiting to turn right at Sainsburys, invariably backs down the duel carriageway, blocking the right hand lane of the duel carriageway, when the lights operate to allow traffic to turn right into Sainsburys, the lights seem to remain on green until all the traffic as cleared the slip road and the same seems to be happening at the right turn into Poolstock Lane, the lights and sensors in the road allow most, if not all of the traffic wishing to turn right into Poolstock Lane to do so, before changing back to red and also and this should please tomplum (but it probably won't) when the traffic is flowing into Poolstock Lane from the duel carriageway, the traffic lights are on green for traffic turning left from Poolstock Lane on to the duel carriageway cheers

I suppose like gaffer suggested that could be improved by building a proper slip road from Poolstock Lane on to the duel carriageway on the land available there, but they (the powers that bee) want to discourage traffic from using Poolstock Lane and instead want the traffic to use the duel carriageway through Goose Green instead.

So I think the losers are traffic which uses Highfield Grange Avenue, which is folk who live in Winstanley and traffic which uses Winstanley as a rat run, well traffic shouldn't use Winstanley as a rat run and folk who live in Winstanley, well you shouldn't have moved to Winstanley should you, because in any case it's full of scousers affraid

Winners seem to be traffic coming down from the motorway towards Wigan and to a lesser extent traffic heading away from Wigan on the duel carriageway through Goose Green, because that traffic as to wait for traffic turning right into Poolstock Lane, but when new link road is built, there should be a lot less traffic wanting to go down Poolstock Lane, so that should speed things up for traffic heading away from Wigan Smile

Marus Bridge Junction (ex roundabout) - Page 6 Empty Re: Marus Bridge Junction (ex roundabout)

on Fri Jul 01 2016, 15:46
I ride motorbikes, drive cars and ride bicycles. I also walk the dog, which it the thing I enjoy most, so give me greenbelt over tarmac anyday.

Marus Bridge Junction (ex roundabout) - Page 6 Empty Re: Marus Bridge Junction (ex roundabout)

on Fri Jul 01 2016, 16:15
Marus Bridge Junction (ex roundabout) - Page 6 Made_a10

on Sat Jul 02 2016, 18:26
It will be a short cut for a few Months before becoming gridlocked. I know the bridges are being finished and getting readied for transportation soon,  but I hope all funding will be removed and the area restored to woodland.
tomplum
tomplum
Admin
http://www.tomplum.co.uk

on Sat Jul 02 2016, 18:58
I think someones been tampering with the lights, I've just been out on an errand,Sat 6.30, I queued up from marus Avene, When i got to the junction there was nothing from any other direction and on my return into Poolstock lane there was no traffic on Warrington road in any direction, no traffic on Highfield avenue but standing traffic down Poolstock Lane as far as Marus Ave again,
I thought those 'smart lights' worked out whats moving and what is't ?
I bet that sir bob's been tinkering with a screwdriver somewhere,
Marus Bridge Junction (ex roundabout) - Page 6 Smiley14

on Sat Jul 02 2016, 19:12
When coming down poolstock I stay in the middle lane to see which lights are on gree before deciding to go straight on or turn right.
stumpy
stumpy

on Tue Jul 12 2016, 10:07
on WW someone says the council are going to turn the lights off any truth in this

on Sun Oct 30 2016, 08:27
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

on Tue Nov 01 2016, 10:03
tomplum

This is just for you anybody else missing the old roundabout clown

Marus Bridge Junction (ex roundabout) - Page 6 Marusbridgerounabout

on Tue Nov 01 2016, 10:15
The trouble with the new set up is it's very half arsed.
Hieronymous
Hieronymous

on Tue Nov 15 2016, 16:49
Admin
Admin
Admin

on Mon Feb 20 2017, 11:33
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

on Mon Feb 20 2017, 12:35
I noticed the other week, what they had done, but Tom and Mac still want the roundabout back.
tomplum
tomplum
Admin

on Mon Feb 20 2017, 15:13
they are just titivating about, you cant make a silk purse from a pigs ear, Heads should roll and top jobs lost with compensation paid to anyone suffering , that includes the thousands of motorists per hour that have to endure lengthened travel journeys,

on Mon Feb 20 2017, 15:36
I couldn't give a toss about the roundabout, but to say this system is faster is just bollocks.

So well thought out it has to be tinkered with over and over. The saddle debacle is still being played with and little helps.

"Several accidents had occurred as motorists struggled with the new layout since the £1.4m transformation from a roundabout to a junction."

How many accidents occurred on the roundabout?

on Thu Mar 16 2017, 11:44
tomplum
tomplum
Admin

on Thu Mar 16 2017, 12:31
I'm not surprised in the least, When ever I'm waiting for a bus to go to Ashton, I see countless near misses and there's a horn blasting at regular intervals because someone is changing lanes where they should't be or not giving way to the 'U' turners,
Hieronymous
Hieronymous

on Mon Mar 20 2017, 09:49
Traffic light (obviously), lamp standard, two bollards, and the stand for the pedestrian crossing control all bunched together to obscure the view of motorists turning right into Highfield Grange. It, also, seems to me that it's easy to be persuaded that oncoming traffic is turning left or right when it isn't.
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

on Mon Mar 20 2017, 10:00
Trouble there is that the traffic coming down from the motorway, when the lights are on green, the traffic is going too fast, because when the roundabout was there it acted like a chicane, because you had to slow down to negotiate the roundabout.

I don't know what the answer is though scratch

Unless they put the roundabout back cheers

on Mon Mar 20 2017, 10:15
Speed cameras on the approach to the lights?
tomplum
tomplum
Admin

on Mon Mar 20 2017, 10:59
or,,,,,put a bloody big dipper ride style bit of tarmac, like they've done on the highfield grange entry,  Go above 20 mhp there and your head hits the car roof,  Rolling Eyes
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

on Mon Mar 20 2017, 11:23
Speed camera would do the trick, but if they ever doo build that road and drastically reduce the traffic going past tomplums hoose, they could phase the traffic lights, same as at the Stag at Orrell and have both Poolstock Lane and Highfield. Grange going green at the same time, that would cure the problem Smile
Hieronymous
Hieronymous

on Mon Mar 20 2017, 11:43
Rumble strips?

Noticed that there is, in fact, two lots of traffic lights adding to the obscuring of view.

on Fri Mar 24 2017, 17:25

on Wed Mar 29 2017, 12:24
tomplum
tomplum
Admin

on Fri Apr 07 2017, 14:13
the contractors William Cox have been back on site all week, I can't see what they are achieving, they're just titivating the kurbs up, looks like a whitewash job,  Crying or Very sad
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum