Go down
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

Marus Bridge Junction (ex roundabout) - Page 2 Empty Marus Bridge Junction (ex roundabout)

on Tue Dec 29 2015, 19:11
First topic message reminder :

I have been through it a few times now and have started coming to some concloosions about it, firstly the right turn into Poolstock Lane seems to operate in the same way as the right turn into Sainsburys, in that because traffic waiting to turn right at Sainsburys, invariably backs down the duel carriageway, blocking the right hand lane of the duel carriageway, when the lights operate to allow traffic to turn right into Sainsburys, the lights seem to remain on green until all the traffic as cleared the slip road and the same seems to be happening at the right turn into Poolstock Lane, the lights and sensors in the road allow most, if not all of the traffic wishing to turn right into Poolstock Lane to do so, before changing back to red and also and this should please tomplum (but it probably won't) when the traffic is flowing into Poolstock Lane from the duel carriageway, the traffic lights are on green for traffic turning left from Poolstock Lane on to the duel carriageway cheers

I suppose like gaffer suggested that could be improved by building a proper slip road from Poolstock Lane on to the duel carriageway on the land available there, but they (the powers that bee) want to discourage traffic from using Poolstock Lane and instead want the traffic to use the duel carriageway through Goose Green instead.

So I think the losers are traffic which uses Highfield Grange Avenue, which is folk who live in Winstanley and traffic which uses Winstanley as a rat run, well traffic shouldn't use Winstanley as a rat run and folk who live in Winstanley, well you shouldn't have moved to Winstanley should you, because in any case it's full of scousers affraid

Winners seem to be traffic coming down from the motorway towards Wigan and to a lesser extent traffic heading away from Wigan on the duel carriageway through Goose Green, because that traffic as to wait for traffic turning right into Poolstock Lane, but when new link road is built, there should be a lot less traffic wanting to go down Poolstock Lane, so that should speed things up for traffic heading away from Wigan Smile

Vixen
Vixen

Marus Bridge Junction (ex roundabout) - Page 2 Empty Re: Marus Bridge Junction (ex roundabout)

on Sat Jan 16 2016, 22:39
dont they just, and thats why I will never ever use that route.......

Marus Bridge Junction (ex roundabout) - Page 2 Empty Re: Marus Bridge Junction (ex roundabout)

on Mon Mar 21 2016, 09:38
stumpy
stumpy

on Fri Apr 01 2016, 09:02
i have been told they are putting cameras there to watch for people doing U turns

on Fri Apr 01 2016, 09:03
They almost did a decent job, then failed.
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

on Fri Apr 01 2016, 12:50
I have noticed at several junctions around Wigan that large erections have taken place Shocked

Top of Scholes and junction of Riverway/Powel Street/Central Park Way/Greenough Street and am wondering if they are to be fitted with traffic flow stuff, sensors and cameras etc.
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

on Fri Apr 01 2016, 12:53
Idea being to make these junctions clever (smart junctions) Smile
tomplum
tomplum
Admin
http://www.tomplum.co.uk

on Fri Apr 01 2016, 13:36
I think they should stop using that word, ( smart) for any project done by the clowncil, its a contradiction in terms, Rolling Eyes

on Fri Apr 01 2016, 14:21
The tech will be smart, the users and monitors won't be.

Council screwed it up good style, why no filter lanes? Especially going from Poolstock to M/way.
To get to Asda/Screwfix, etc. from Goose Green, it's easier to go down poolstock and jump onto Southgate to get there, longer but a quarter of the time. Buffoons will soon slow southgate down to stop this.
dodger
dodger

on Fri Apr 01 2016, 14:37
A filter lane from Poolstock to motorway would be a waste of time, Mac, traffic wouldn't be able to get in it for the queueing traffic waiting to got straight across to Holmes House Ave.
tomplum
tomplum
Admin

on Fri Apr 01 2016, 15:20
I think a filter lane should have been made and set further back, there is room to do that also have one lane going across and turning right, that would give traffic going to the m/way a better chance of getting past, at the moment if there's 5 cars or 1 lorry going across the highfield, its blocked,
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

on Fri Apr 01 2016, 16:04
@tomplum wrote:I think a filter lane should have been made and set further back, there is room to do that also have one lane going across and turning right, that would give traffic going to the m/way a better chance of getting past, at the moment if there's 5 cars or 1 lorry going across the highfield, its blocked,

Why don't you ask council to put roundabout back there Smile

on Fri Apr 01 2016, 16:47
It would be better for 3/4 of traffic, Sir Bob, and that's a fact.
tonker
tonker

on Fri Apr 01 2016, 17:55
I'm surprised Wigan council didn't make it into one of these . Now, that would be fun! Very Happy

on Fri Apr 01 2016, 18:00
Magic!
tonker
tonker

on Fri Apr 01 2016, 18:04
@Mac wrote:Magic!

Indeed !
baker boy

on Fri Apr 01 2016, 23:24
the main problem is neither the dept of transport or of course WMBC have a clucking brain between them.my friend and I think the new junction costs us 4 to 6 mpg since the bridge of sighs was rebuilt,£1.4 million pounds up in smoke.
Admin
Admin
Admin

on Wed Apr 20 2016, 14:57
What has Marus Bridge got to do with my informative thread about LSD affraid

on Wed Apr 20 2016, 15:03
Dunno, but I've been through 3 or 4 times and found it was far better, however I have not been through popped up on a bike
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

on Wed Apr 20 2016, 17:22
mache wrote:Dunno, but I've been through 3 or 4 times and found it was far better, however I have not been through popped up on a bike
Well you better not tell that tomplum that affraid
tomplum
tomplum
Admin

on Wed Apr 20 2016, 18:23
@Sir Bob wrote:
mache wrote:Dunno, but I've been through 3 or 4 times and found it was far better, however I have not been through popped up on a bike
Well you better not tell that tomplum that affraid

the answer is in the question, mache has been through 3 or 4 times in 4 months, Ask someone who goes through every day, you'll get a different answer, Suspect
tomplum
tomplum
Admin

on Wed Apr 20 2016, 19:05
@Admin wrote:What has Marus Bridge got to do with my informative thread about LSD affraid

it was him Miss, that sir bob bloke, I made an informative post about Kocking on then he waved his red flag at me wound me up,
Marus Bridge Junction (ex roundabout) - Page 2 Smiley14
baker boy

on Wed Apr 20 2016, 23:31
what the hell do we expect from WMBC,common sense.
since that tripe junction opened my fuel usage per gallon as dropped approx 4 or 5 mpg.stuck at those bloody lights for an eternity.
purgatory is an eternal crossing of that junction.
Hieronymous
Hieronymous

on Wed Apr 20 2016, 23:50

Which way?

on Thu Apr 21 2016, 09:49
From Poolstock
stumpy
stumpy

on Thu Apr 21 2016, 16:18
it is far better now than it was as a roundabout
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum