Go down
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

A49 Link Road Wigan

on Tue Sep 27 2016, 11:26
First topic message reminder :

The Goose Green to Westwood Park Link Road, is due to start construction soon and I know that Tomplum is really looking forward to work on the new road starting and mac said in another topic that they have been pegging out for the road bridge over the stream, so this is a plan of the new road, which has been made by a company called Tekla Smile

Sniffy Brook Bridge

Entire Road

https://www.tekla.com/uk/bim-awards/a49-link-road

Sir Bob
Sir Bob

Re: A49 Link Road Wigan

on Mon Feb 27 2017, 14:03
Been told today by an old couple who live in Mottram Drive, that they will start building the new road, when they have finished laying the gas pipe and all gas pipe work should be finished for the end of March.
I asked them how they knew that and they said a lawyer had told them that, because they are claiming compensation for the disturbance and loss of value, the new road will cause to their property.
Mac
Mac

on Mon Feb 27 2017, 14:47
Will bring little relief to the area.

http://www.tomplum.co.uk

on Mon Feb 27 2017, 14:48
I hope they win because if they do, it will open the floodgates and I for one will follow suite, With a claim for failure to fill the promice of

" road improvement and shortened journey time" at Marus Bridge, thats what the Council claimed on the road signage during the roadworks, and it failed on both counts,  Crying or Very sad
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

on Mon Feb 27 2017, 17:13
tomplum wrote:I hope they win because if they do, it will open the floodgates and I for one will follow suite, With a claim for failure to fill the promice of

" road improvement and shortened journey time" at Marus Bridge, thats what the Council claimed on the road signage during the roadworks, and it failed on both counts,  Crying or Very sad
I am not sure about whether they have to win anything, because they were saying that and to quote them

"we are getting something, but our neighbour isn't getting anything

When we got to their house, they pointed out the neighbour who wasn't getting anything and basically their property backs on to the old railway line and the neighbour lives across the road from them, so I pointed out that their property and the adjacent properties on their side of the street, would shield the neighbour from the noise of the road, true they said, but what about the loss of value to her property, she should be compensated for that, to which I replied "troo" the value of her property will be reduced, by the close proximity of the new road.
oaplum
oaplum

on Mon Feb 27 2017, 17:44
If I was a lawyer opposing their claim I would say " the properties value will be enhanced because, 1. you won't get kids playing football at your back gate anymore, 2. people walking about littering the ground, 3. stray dogs,cats fouling the ground, 4. dirt bikers ripping up the muddy ground or clouding up the dry soil, 5. gangs of yooffs suppin' cans of extra strong gnats wiggle,
Your home will have a nice new tarmacadam road,using the latest technoligy to keep the sound of vehicle tyre noise to a minimum, It will be maintained by the highways with  ' no pedestrian' signs along its length and lit up at night using highly efficient led  lighting, designed to give maximum brightness without causing any light pollution to the resident population,

yet another project by our caring Council to improve our roads and make journey times shorter,
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

on Mon Feb 27 2017, 17:58
Well the extra noise that road will create where I live, will actually improve my quality of life, because noise from the new road (traffic noise, sirens, car horns etc) will drown out the ambient sounds from around here of screaming drug addicts who are 'rattling' , nutcase neighbours who howl in the night, butch lesbians fighting etc etc etc clown
Kryten
Kryten

on Mon Feb 27 2017, 18:13
Sounds idyllic, Sir Bob.
oaplum
oaplum

on Mon Feb 27 2017, 18:15
Sir Bob, Yooo need to move, 
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

on Mon Feb 27 2017, 18:38
tomplum wrote:Sir Bob, Yooo need to move, 
I agree, but if I moove I will move away from Wigan, but I think when you live in a shithole like this, you eventually begin to enjoy the pain clown
oaplum
oaplum

on Mon Feb 27 2017, 18:54
I could't  do with all that, I had it once in Ashton, I had a next door single parent, every weekend the house was like a brothel, one bloke after another knocking on her door, usually after midnight, drunks mostly when they got in, noise and more noise, I got sick of complaining and reporting things to her landlord, I moved eventually it was doing my head in, I could't sleep cos i knew anytime  soon the visitors will come knocking, Best thing I ever did, Trouble is, It can happen anywhere, you can't pick your niegbours ,
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

on Wed Mar 22 2017, 09:56
Good news for some as 'cancellation' moves closer ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39342978
oaplum
oaplum

on Wed Mar 22 2017, 11:37
it makes perfect sense, Marus Bridge junction was not value for money, £1.4 million for a worse than before project, 

So now it seems they are doing what they are paid for,  THINKING, 
Mac
Mac

on Wed Mar 22 2017, 11:40
Hope it's the link rd near us.

on Sun Mar 26 2017, 10:45

on Sun Mar 26 2017, 12:08
WELL I will still believe it when I see it Rolling Eyes

BUT and I did post it somewhere a few weeks ago that I took an old couple home, who live in Motram Drive in Poolstock and their bungalow faces the old railway line embankment and so they will be directly affected by the route of the road (and if it comes to that so will I) and they are claiming compensation for the disturbance the road will cause them and the reduction in the value of their property and they said that their solicitor had told them that construction of the road will start, when the gas pipe work has finished, because Poolstock Lane will be used for access to all areas of the construction, which will mean that large plant machinery will have to be moved around and that would have been virtually impossible to do that when Poolstock Lane was jammed up with those temporary traffic lights.
tonker
tonker

on Sun Mar 26 2017, 13:26
@Sir Bob wrote:Been told today by an old couple who live in Mottram Drive,  that they will start building the new road, when they have finished laying the gas pipe and all gas pipe work should be finished for the end of March.

And then, about a month later, they'll dig the new road up because they've laid it over the gas pipe.

@Sir Bob wrote: .... they said a lawyer had told them that, because they are claiming compensation for the disturbance and loss of value, the new road will cause to their property.

Tell them,  if they claim through a Wigan lawyer they'll get a minimum amount or nothing.  Use a lawyer from out of the borough.

PS: Mottram Drive isn't in Poolstock.
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

on Sun Mar 26 2017, 13:50
Sorry Tonker, I should have said I took the couple too .....

Mottram Drive
Worsley Mesnes
Pemberton

On about the compensation I got the feeling it was a fixed thing they were on, because they knew what amount they were getting and they were telling me that the property across the road, wasn't getting any compensation, because that property did not back on to the direction of the new road route, but as they said, all properties in Mottram Drive will lose value when the road is built, so surely all residents should be entitled to compensation and if I had to guess, they may have been using the services of a firm, which sends out fliers to every resident in an area where a new road is going to be built.
tonker
tonker

on Sun Mar 26 2017, 14:25
Usually, the council will put their own legal team onto it. They'll tell the residents what they are due to and the residents will accept what the council says.
When the council's legal team's workload overflows, they put work to law firms within their own area ie: borough. A lawyer won't bite the hand that feeds them, so they'll be on the councils side.
That's why you should always employ a lawyer from "ouyt o't'borough" if you're against the council. (any council, any borough, not only Wigan).

My mate was advised to do this when they compulsarily purchased the canalside houses to widen Poolstock. He went to a St.Helens solicitor, who happens to be a relative of mine, and he got exactly twice what Wigan council's legals had offered
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

on Sun Mar 26 2017, 14:34
@tonker wrote:Usually, the council will put their own legal team onto it.  They'll tell the residents what they are due to and the residents will accept what the council says.
When the council's legal team's workload overflows, they put work to law firms within their own area ie: borough.   A lawyer won't bite the hand that feeds them, so they'll be on the councils side.
That's why you should always employ a lawyer from "ouyt o't'borough" if you're against the council.  (any council, any borough, not only Wigan).

My mate was advised to do this when they compulsarily purchased the canalside houses to widen Poolstock.  He went to a St.Helens solicitor, who happens to be a relative of mine, and he got exactly twice what Wigan council's legals had offered

That sounds like what as happened, in that the couple have been told what they are getting by t'council and their neighbour as been told that they are getting nothing, if I see them again I will tell them what you have said and I will also put them reet on where they live, because when they got in and I said "where yoo goin" in me best Wiggin accent, he said "Poolstock,, Mottram drive, do you know where it is" clown
tonker
tonker

on Sun Mar 26 2017, 14:50
@Sir Bob wrote:.....  Mottram drive, do you know where it is"  ...  

You should've said, "Aye, t'uther side o't'bruck, i'Pemberton"!  Rolling Eyes
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

on Sun Mar 26 2017, 16:14
You know all the WEP article is saying and the chap from the council, is that in May investigation work will commence on the route and not that work on the actual construction of the road will begin ...

I still have doubts about whether this project will go ahead
oaplum
oaplum

on Sun Mar 26 2017, 17:18
Like I posted a while back, I was doing a job for a bloke up Winstanley who claimed to be a project officer for the highways, He told me it was going ahead this year, He also told me that 99% of the highways team were against the marus Bridge island/lights project but it went ahead, 
the trouble is, If a council employee says good morning to me, I'll put my PJ's on and go to bed, you can't trust a word they say,,,
No
Vixen
Vixen

on Sun Mar 26 2017, 17:27
tomplum wrote: If a council employee says good morning to me, I'll put my PJ's on and go to bed, you can't trust a word they say,,,
No

that's you sacked then....
oaplum
oaplum

on Sun Mar 26 2017, 17:30
amendment,,,,,If 99% of council workers say good morning ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Very Happy
Vixen
Vixen

on Sun Mar 26 2017, 17:32
thank you Wink
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum