Go down
raymyjamie

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 16-3-18

on Fri Mar 16 2018, 20:00
First topic message reminder :

A very good Friday evening to you Rejects.
A warm welcome awaits you in the Reject’s Bar.
Get settled in your favourite seat.
Get that first drink in.
Let’s have a belter of a quiz.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1) Who had a 1966 UK hit with ‘Wild Thing’?

2) Geography, Kiev is the capital of which country?

3) TV, running from 1994 to 2004, who played Joey in the US sitcom 'Friends'?, an clew, he now does ‘Top Gear’.

4) Film, who played the title roll in the 1990 film ‘Pretty Woman’?

5) Named after a famous film star, what is another name for a life jacket?

6) Food and drink, what colour is the drink Absynthe?

7) Science, In terms of a PC, what does CPU stand for?

8 ) What family owned sports car manufacturer based in Malvern Link Worcestershire, makes hand built bespoke cars including the Plus 4 model?

9) Sport, what name was given to the fight between Muhammad Ali & Joe Frazier at the Philippines Coliseum, Cabao, Quezon City, Philippines on October 1st 1975?

10) History, what is the name of the cloth, believed to be the winding sheet that Christ’s body was wrapped in, which is housed in the Royal Chapel of the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist in Northern Italy?

11) From what 1971 Andrew Lloyd Webber / Tim Rice musical does the song ‘I Don’t Know How to Love Him’ come?

12) What does the musical term 'Pianissimo' mean?

13) Literature, which author coined the phrase ‘Big Brother is watching you’??

14) According to Matthew 27 in the Bible what prisoner was released by Pontius Pilate instead of Jesus?

15) Film, who played the title roll in the 1995 film ‘The Madness of King George’?

16) TV, running from 1970 to 1982, in which British comedy series did a giant cat terrorise London?

17) Which Beatles album featured a zebra crossing on its cover?

18) Science, what is the main gas by percentage of the air we breathe?

19) Classical music, famously used on the Hamlet Cigar adverts, who composed the music known as 'The Air on a G String'?

20) History, who was the first President of The United States of America?

21) Food and drink, from which country does the famous Emmental Cheese come?

22) Geography, what country has the second largest population in the world?

23) Literature, who wrote the James Bond novels ‘On Her Majesty's Secret Service’, ‘Dr No’ and ‘Thunderball’, among others?

24) What was the nationality of Roald Amundsen, the leader of the first expedition to reach the South Pole?

25) ♪♫It is the evening of the day
I sit and watch the children play
Smiling faces I can see
But not for me
I sit and watch
..........................♪♫

What 1964 Jagger / Richards composition are those the opening lines to,
And who sang it?

WHO WERE BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) Who were Benny, Bjorn, Agnetha and Anni-Frid?

BQ2) Who were Diana Ross, Florence Ballard and Mary Wilson?

BQ3) Who were Bill Oddie, Tim Brooke-Taylor and Graeme Garden?

BQ4) From a novel published in two volumes in 1868 and 1869, who were the March Sisters Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy?

BQ5) From a 1960 film Western, who were Chico, Chris Adams, Vin Tanner, Harry Luck, Bernardo O'Reilly, Britt and Lee?, an clew, count the number of names.

STINKER) Which British pop group is best known for scoring zero points at the 2003 Eurovision Song Contest in Latvia ?

TRICKY) Literature, in the 'Adrian Mole Diaries' by Sue Townsend, what is the name of his girlfriend?

raymyjamie

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 16-3-18

on Sat Mar 17 2018, 09:28
@Hieronymous wrote:1. The Troggs

2. Ukraine

3. ?

4. Julia Roberts

5. Mae West

6. Green

7. Computer Processing Unit

8. Morgan

9. Rumble in the Jungle

10. Damn!

11. Jesus Christ Superstar

12. Very softly

13. George Orwell

14. Barrabus

15. ?

16. The Goodies

17. Abbey Road

18. Nitrogen

19. Handel

20. George Washington

21. Switzerland  (Anyone can make the holes but only the Swiss can make the cheese!) LOL

22. India

23. Ian Fleming

24. Norwegian

25. ?

BQ1. ABBA

BQ2. The Supremes

BQ3. The Goodies

BQ4. ?

BQ5. Magnificent 7

STINKER: ?

TRICKY: ?

An excellent bit of quizzing mon ami, very well done.
marieM

on Sat Mar 17 2018, 09:43
Thanks Ray for another brilliant quiz. I didn't do so good because I can't remember things but I loved it and loved seeing everyone else's posts.
raymyjamie

on Sat Mar 17 2018, 09:49
@marieM wrote:Thanks Ray for another brilliant quiz.  I didn't do so good because I can't remember things but I loved it and loved seeing everyone else's posts.

Thank you Marie, I thought you did very well.
raymyjamie

on Sat Mar 17 2018, 09:54
I held the answers back because of latecomers,
no names no pack drill LOL  Laughing  .

Here are the answers :-

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz Answers 16-3-18

1)  Who had a 1966 UK hit with ‘Wild Thing’?
 The Troggs            

2)  Geography,   Kiev is the capital of which country?
        Ukraine  

3)  TV, running from 1994 to 2004, who played Joey in the US sitcom 'Friends'?, an clew, he now does ‘Top Gear’.
 Matt Le Blanc              

4)  Film, who played the title roll in the 1990 film ‘Pretty Woman’?
 Julia Roberts          

5)  Named after a famous film star, what is another name for a life jacket?
Mae West        

6)  Food and drink, what colour is the drink Absynthe?
        Green  

7)  Science, In terms of a PC, what does CPU stand for?
    Central processing unit    

8 )  What family owned sports car manufacturer based in Malvern Link Worcestershire, makes hand built bespoke cars including the Plus 4 model?
   Morgan Cars            

9)  Sport, what name was given to the fight between Muhammad Ali & Joe Frazier at the Philippines Coliseum, Cabao, Quezon City, Philippines on October 1st 1975?
          The Thriller in Manila  

10)  History, what is the name of the cloth, believed to be the winding sheet that Christ’s body was wrapped in, which is housed in the Royal Chapel of the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist in Northern Italy.
Turin Shroud              

11)  From what 1971 Andrew Lloyd Webber / Tim Rice musical does the song ‘I Don’t Know How to Love Him’ come?
  Jesus Christ Superstar        

12)  What does the musical term 'pianissimo' mean?
           To be played very softly  

13)  Literature, which author coined the phrase ‘Big Brother is watching you’??
George Orwell in his book ‘1984’        

14)  According to Matthew 27 in the Bible what prisoner was released by Pontius Pilate instead of Jesus?
            Barabbas

15)  Film, who played the title roll in the 1995 film ‘The Madness of King George’?
 Nigel Hawthorne            

16)  TV, running from 1970 to 1982, in which British comedy series did a giant cat terrorise London?
The Goodies                

17)  Which Beatles album featured a zebra crossing on its cover?
        Abbey Road

18)  Science, what is the main gas by percentage of the air we breathe?
About 78% of the air you breathe is made up of nitrogen
Oxygen only makes up about 21% of air..
There are also tiny amounts of other gases like argon, carbon dioxide and methane.

19)  Classical music, famously used on the Hamlet Cigar adverts, who composed the music known as 'The Air on a G String'?
 J.S. Bach    

20)  History, who was the first President of The United States of America?
 George Washington            

21)  Food and drink, from which country does the famous Emmental Cheese come?
            Switzerland  

22)  Geography, What country has the second largest population in the world?
 India                

23)  Literature, who wrote the James Bond novels ‘On Her Majesty's Secret Service’, ‘Dr No’ and ‘Thunderball’, among others.
Ian Fleming              

24)  What was the nationality of Roald Amundsen, the leader of the first expedition to reach the South Pole?
            Norwegian    

25)  ♪♫It is the evening of the day
          Smiling faces I can see
       But not for me
       I sit and watch
       ..........................♪♫

And who sang it?
             As Tears Go By / Marian Faithful  

WHO WERE BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Who were Benny, Bjorn, Agnetha and Anni-Frid?
              ABBA

BQ2)  Who were Diana Ross, Florence Ballard and Mary Wilson?
The Supremes            

BQ3)  Who were Bill Oddie, Tim Brooke-Taylor and Graeme Garden?
   The Goodies

BQ4)  From a novel published in two volumes in 1868 and 1869, who were the March Sisters Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy?
 Little Women            

BQ5)  From a 1960 film Western, who were Chico, Chris Adams, Vin Tanner, Harry Luck, Bernardo O'Reilly, Britt and Lee?
The Magnificent Seven            

STINKER)  Which British pop group is best known for scoring zero points at the 2003 Eurovision Song Contest in Latvia ?
              Jemini

TRICKY)  Literature, in the 'Adrian Mole Diaries' by Sue Townsend, what is the name of his girlfriend?
Pandora Braithwaithe              
Gassey

on Mon Mar 19 2018, 16:56
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good Friday evening to you Rejects.                                                                                        
Get that first drink in.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1966 UK hit with ‘Wild Thing’? TROGGS

2)  Geography,   Kiev is the capital of which country? UKRAINE

3)  TV, running from 1994 to 2004, who played Joey in the US sitcom 'Friends'?, an clew, he now does ‘Top Gear’. MATT LE BLANC

4)  Film, who played the title roll in the 1990 film ‘Pretty Woman’? JULIA ROBERTS

5)  Named after a famous film star, what is another name for a life jacket? MAE WEST

6)  Food and drink, what colour is the drink Absynthe? GREEN

8 )  What family owned sports car manufacturer based in Malvern Link Worcestershire, makes hand built bespoke cars including the Plus 4 model? MORGAN

9)  Sport, what name was given to the fight between Muhammad Ali & Joe Frazier at the Philippines Coliseum, Cabao, Quezon City, Philippines on October 1st 1975? RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE

10)  History, what is the name of the cloth, believed to be the winding sheet that Christ’s body was wrapped in, which is housed in the Royal Chapel of the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist in Northern Italy?
TURIN SHROUD
11)  From what 1971 Andrew Lloyd Webber / Tim Rice musical does the song ‘I Don’t Know How to Love Him’ come? JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR

12)  What does the musical term 'Pianissimo' mean? SOFTLY

13)  Literature, which author coined the phrase ‘Big Brother is watching you’?? GEORGE ORWELL

14)  According to Matthew 27 in the Bible what prisoner was released by Pontius Pilate instead of Jesus? BARABUS

15)  Film, who played the title roll in the 1995 film ‘The Madness of King George’?

16)  TV, running from 1970 to 1982, in which British comedy series did a giant cat terrorise London? KITTEN KONG THE GOODIES

17)  Which Beatles album featured a zebra crossing on its cover? ABBEY ROAD

Nitrogen
19)  Classical music, famously used on the Hamlet Cigar adverts, who composed the music known as 'The Air on a G String'? BACH

20)  History, who was the first President of The United States of America? GEORGE WASHINGTON

21)  Food and drink, from which country does the famous Emmental Cheese come? GREECE

22)  Geography, what country has the second largest population in the world? JAPAN

23)  Literature, who wrote the James Bond novels ‘On Her Majesty's Secret Service’, ‘Dr No’ and ‘Thunderball’, among others? IAN FLEMMING

24)  What was the nationality of Roald Amundsen, the leader of the first expedition to reach the South Pole? NORWEGIAN

Smiling faces I can see
            But not for me
            I sit and watch
       ..........................♪♫AS TEARS GO BY. MARIANNE FAITHFUL

And who sang it?

WHO WERE BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Who were Benny, Bjorn, Agnetha and Anni-Frid? ABBA

BQ2)  Who were Diana Ross, Florence Ballard and Mary Wilson?SUPREMES

BQ3)  Who were Bill Oddie, Tim Brooke-Taylor and Graeme Garden? GOODIES

BQ4)  From a novel published in two volumes in 1868 and 1869, who were the March Sisters Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy? LITTLE WOMEN

BQ5)  From a 1960 film Western, who were Chico, Chris Adams, Vin Tanner, Harry Luck, Bernardo O'Reilly, Britt and Lee?, an clew, count the number of names. THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

STINKER)  Which British pop group is best known for scoring zero points at the 2003 Eurovision Song Contest in Latvia ? JEMINI

TRICKY)  Literature, in the 'Adrian Mole Diaries' by Sue Townsend, what is the name of his girlfriend?
THANKS RAY TOP WEEKEND

MUD , STYLISTICS , BAY CITY ROLLERS
AMONG OTHERS
raymyjamie

on Mon Mar 19 2018, 18:15
@Gassey wrote:
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good Friday evening to you Rejects.                                                                                        
Get that first drink in.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1966 UK hit with ‘Wild Thing’?  TROGGS  

2)  Geography,   Kiev is the capital of which country? UKRAINE

3)  TV, running from 1994 to 2004, who played Joey in the US sitcom 'Friends'?, an clew, he now does ‘Top Gear’.  MATT LE BLANC  

4)  Film, who played the title roll in the 1990 film ‘Pretty Woman’?  JULIA ROBERTS  

5)  Named after a famous film star, what is another name for a life jacket?  MAE WEST  

6)  Food and drink, what colour is the drink Absynthe?  GREEN  

8 )  What family owned sports car manufacturer based in Malvern Link Worcestershire, makes hand built bespoke cars including the Plus 4 model?  MORGAN  

9)  Sport, what name was given to the fight between Muhammad Ali & Joe Frazier at the Philippines Coliseum, Cabao, Quezon City, Philippines on October 1st 1975?  RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE

10)  History, what is the name of the cloth, believed to be the winding sheet that Christ’s body was wrapped in, which is housed in the Royal Chapel of the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist in Northern Italy?
TURIN SHROUD  
11)  From what 1971 Andrew Lloyd Webber / Tim Rice musical does the song ‘I Don’t Know How to Love Him’ come?  JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR

12)  What does the musical term 'Pianissimo' mean?  SOFTLY

13)  Literature, which author coined the phrase ‘Big Brother is watching you’??  GEORGE ORWELL

14)  According to Matthew 27 in the Bible what prisoner was released by Pontius Pilate instead of Jesus?   BARABUS

16)  TV, running from 1970 to 1982, in which British comedy series did a giant cat terrorise London?  KITTEN KONG THE GOODIES

17)  Which Beatles album featured a zebra crossing on its cover?  ABBEY ROAD

Nitrogen
19)  Classical music, famously used on the Hamlet Cigar adverts, who composed the music known as 'The Air on a G String'? BACH

20)  History, who was the first President of The United States of America?  GEORGE WASHINGTON

21)  Food and drink, from which country does the famous Emmental Cheese come?  GREECE

22)  Geography, what country has the second largest population in the world?  JAPAN

23)  Literature, who wrote the James Bond novels ‘On Her Majesty's Secret Service’, ‘Dr No’ and ‘Thunderball’, among others?  IAN FLEMMING

24)  What was the nationality of Roald Amundsen, the leader of the first expedition to reach the South Pole? NORWEGIAN

Smiling faces I can see
            But not for me
            I sit and watch
       ..........................♪♫AS TEARS GO BY. MARIANNE FAITHFUL

And who sang it?

WHO WERE BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Who were Benny, Bjorn, Agnetha and Anni-Frid?  ABBA

BQ2)  Who were Diana Ross, Florence Ballard and Mary Wilson?SUPREMES

BQ3)  Who were Bill Oddie, Tim Brooke-Taylor and Graeme Garden?  GOODIES

BQ4)  From a novel published in two volumes in 1868 and 1869, who were the March Sisters Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy?  LITTLE WOMEN

BQ5)  From a 1960 film Western, who were Chico, Chris Adams, Vin Tanner, Harry Luck, Bernardo O'Reilly, Britt and Lee?, an clew, count the number of names.  THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

STINKER)  Which British pop group is best known for scoring zero points at the 2003 Eurovision Song Contest in Latvia ?  JEMINI

THANKS RAY TOP WEEKEND

MUD , STYLISTICS , BAY CITY ROLLERS
AMONG OTHERS

That was an inspired bit of quizzing Gassey, very well done.

Sounds like a good weekend was had
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum