Go down
raymyjamie

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 6-4-18

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 20:00
A very good Friday Evening to all you Rejects.
Come on down here to the Reject’s Bar.
Order that first drink from our well stocked bar.
Get comfy.
Let’s have a beltin’ bit of brainwork.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1) Who had a 1967 hit with "Big Spender"?

2) Geography, which European country is divided into 26 cantons?

3) TV, in Coronation St, who was the caretaker of the Glad Tidings Mission?

4) Film, who co-starred with Michael Douglas in the 1984 film 'Romancing the Stone'?

5) In nautical terms, what is the opposite of windward?

6) Food and drink, the dish ‘Stargazy Pie’, where the pastry crust has the fish heads protruding through thus appearing to be gazing skyward is traditionally from which English county?

7) In mathematics, what is an angle called which measures more than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees?

8 What car manufacturer produces the compact SUV ‘Kuga’ model?

9) Sport, which Premiership football club’s home ground is Turf Moor?

10) History, what was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969?

11) From what Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does the song ‘The Music of the Night’ come?

12) What 2 word phrase is famous for being the shortest verse in the King James Bible,
Gospel of John, chapter 11, verse 35.

13) Literature, first published in 1930, what was the name of the novel by Arthur Ransome about a children's boating adventure in the Lake District

14) From the writing of Christopher Marlowe, whose face was said to have ‘launched a 1000 ships’?

15) Film, which Scottish hero did Mel Gibson play in the 1995 film 'Braveheart'?

16) TV, Dianna Rigg played which character in the original TV show 'The Avengers'?

17) Who had a 1962 hit with "Love Letters"?

18) Science, the adjective ‘Jovian’ relates to which planet in our solar system?

19) Classical music, which Austrian composer of light music (1825 – 1899), was known as ‘The Waltz King, and wrote over 500 waltzes, polkas and quadrilles?

20) History, August 2nd 1990 saw 100,000 Iraqi troops invade which neigbouring state, sparking off the first Gulf War?

21) Food and drink, if you ordered ‘Calamari’ in a restaurant, what would you be eating?

22) Geography, which city was the capital of West Germany from 1949 to 1990?

23) Literature, what is the name of the anti-slavery novel written by American author Harriet Beecher Stowe in 1852?

24) Which Australian arboreal herbivorous marsupial eats only eucalyptus leaves?

25) ♪♫ I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
When it's cold outside I've got the month of May
Well I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
…………………………………....♪♫

What song are those the opening lines to?

WHAT YEAR BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) What year did Christopher Columbus discover America?

BQ2) What year was The National Health Service introduced?

BQ3) What year did Britain join the European Union?

BQ4) What year was The Beatles best selling album ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ released?

BQ5) What year did Yuri Gagarin become the first man in space in his spacecraft Vostok 1?

STINKER) TV, Charlie Hungerford was the ex-father in law of which TV law enforcer?

TRICKY) Ferdinand de Lesseps was responsible for which huge engineering feat, which was constructed from 1859 to 1869?
Gassey

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 6-4-18

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 20:22
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good Friday Evening to all you Rejects.
Get comfy.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1967 hit with "Big Spender"?   SHIRLEY BASSEY

2)  Geography, which European country is divided into 26 cantons?
SWITZERLAND

3)  TV, in Coronation St, who was the caretaker of the Glad Tidings Mission? ENA SHARPLES

4)  Film, who co-starred with Michael Douglas in the 1984 film 'Romancing the Stone'? KATHLEEN TURNER

5)  In nautical terms, what is the opposite of windward? LEEWARD

6)  Food and drink, the dish ‘Stargazy Pie’, where the pastry crust has the fish heads protruding through thus appearing to be gazing skyward is traditionally from which English county? CORNWALL

7)  In mathematics, what is an angle called which measures more than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees? OBTUSE

8   What car manufacturer produces the compact SUV ‘Kuga’ model? FORD

9)  Sport, which Premiership football club’s home ground is Turf Moor? BURNLEY

10)  History, what was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969? APOLLO 11

11)  From what Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does the song ‘The Music of the Night’ come? PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

12)  What 2 word phrase is famous for being the shortest verse in the King James Bible,
Gospel of John, chapter 11, verse 35. I AM

13)  Literature, first published in 1930, what was the name of the novel by Arthur Ransome about a children's boating adventure in the Lake District

14)  From the writing of Christopher Marlowe, whose face was said to have ‘launched a 1000 ships’? HELEN OF TROY

15)  Film, which Scottish hero did Mel Gibson play in the 1995 film  'Braveheart'? WILLIAM WALLACE

16)  TV, Dianna Rigg played which character in the original TV show  'The Avengers'?  EMMA PEEL

17)  Who had a 1962 hit with "Love Letters"?   PAT BOONE

18)  Science, the adjective ‘Jovian’ relates to which planet in our solar system? JUPITER

19)  Classical music, which Austrian composer of light music (1825 – 1899), was known as ‘The Waltz King, and wrote over 500 waltzes, polkas and quadrilles? STRAUSS

20)  History, August 2nd 1990 saw 100,000 Iraqi troops invade which neigbouring state, sparking off the first Gulf War? KUWAIT

21)  Food and drink, if you ordered ‘Calamari’ in a restaurant, what would you be eating?

22)  Geography, which city was the capital of West Germany from 1949 to 1990? BERLIN

23)  Literature, what is the name of the anti-slavery novel written by American author Harriet Beecher Stowe in 1852?

24)  Which Australian arboreal herbivorous marsupial eats only eucalyptus leaves? KOALA BEAR

25)  ♪♫ I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
           Well I guess you'd say
             …………………………………....♪♫MY GIRL

BQ1)  What year did Christopher Columbus discover America?

BQ2)  What year was The National Health Service introduced? 1948

BQ3)  What year did Britain join the European Union?1973

BQ4)  What year was The Beatles best selling album ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ released? 1967

BQ5)  What year did Yuri Gagarin become the first man in space in his spacecraft Vostok 1? 1961

STINKER)  TV, Charlie Hungerford was the ex-father in law of which TV law enforcer?

TRICKY)  Ferdinand de Lesseps was responsible for which huge engineering feat, which was constructed from 1859 to 1869? EIFFEL TOWER
raymyjamie

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 20:25
@Gassey wrote:
Get comfy.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1967 hit with "Big Spender"?   SHIRLEY BASSEY

SWITZERLAND

3)  TV, in Coronation St, who was the caretaker of the Glad Tidings Mission?  ENA SHARPLES

4)  Film, who co-starred with Michael Douglas in the 1984 film 'Romancing the Stone'?  KATHLEEN TURNER

5)  In nautical terms, what is the opposite of windward?  LEEWARD

6)  Food and drink, the dish ‘Stargazy Pie’, where the pastry crust has the fish heads protruding through thus appearing to be gazing skyward is traditionally from which English county?  CORNWALL

7)  In mathematics, what is an angle called which measures more than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees?  OBTUSE

8   What car manufacturer produces the compact SUV ‘Kuga’ model?  FORD

9)  Sport, which Premiership football club’s home ground is Turf Moor?  BURNLEY

10)  History, what was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969?  APOLLO 11

11)  From what Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does the song ‘The Music of the Night’ come?   PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

12)  What 2 word phrase is famous for being the shortest verse in the King James Bible,
Gospel of John, chapter 11, verse 35.    I AM

13)  Literature, first published in 1930, what was the name of the novel by Arthur Ransome about a children's boating adventure in the Lake District

14)  From the writing of Christopher Marlowe, whose face was said to have ‘launched a 1000 ships’?  HELEN OF TROY

15)  Film, which Scottish hero did Mel Gibson play in the 1995 film  'Braveheart'?  WILLIAM WALLACE

16)  TV, Dianna Rigg played which character in the original TV show  'The Avengers'?  EMMA PEEL

17)  Who had a 1962 hit with "Love Letters"?   PAT BOONE

18)  Science, the adjective ‘Jovian’ relates to which planet in our solar system?  JUPITER

19)  Classical music, which Austrian composer of light music (1825 – 1899), was known as ‘The Waltz King, and wrote over 500 waltzes, polkas and quadrilles?   STRAUSS

20)  History, August 2nd 1990 saw 100,000 Iraqi troops invade which neigbouring state, sparking off the first Gulf War?  KUWAIT

21)  Food and drink, if you ordered ‘Calamari’ in a restaurant, what would you be eating?

22)  Geography, which city was the capital of West Germany from 1949 to 1990?  BERLIN

23)  Literature, what is the name of the anti-slavery novel written by American author Harriet Beecher Stowe in 1852?

24)  Which Australian arboreal herbivorous marsupial eats only eucalyptus leaves? KOALA BEAR

Well I guess you'd say
             …………………………………....♪♫MY GIRL

BQ2)  What year was The National Health Service introduced?  1948

BQ3)  What year did Britain join the European Union?1973

BQ4)  What year was The Beatles best selling album ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ released?  1967

BQ5)  What year did Yuri Gagarin become the first man in space in his spacecraft Vostok 1?  1961

STINKER)  TV, Charlie Hungerford was the ex-father in law of which TV law enforcer?

TRICKY)  Ferdinand de Lesseps was responsible for which huge engineering feat, which was constructed from 1859 to 1869?  EIFFEL TOWER

Evening Gassey,.

A really excellent 23 correct.
weatherwax

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 20:29
1. Shirley Bassey
2. Switzerland
3. Ena Sharples
4. Kathleen Turner
5. Leeward???
6. Cornwall
7. Obtuse???
10. Apollo 11
11. Phantom of The Opera
12. Jesus Wept
13. Swallows and Amazons
14. Helen of Troy (Sparta)
15. William Wallace
16. Emma Peel
17. Katy Lester
18. Jupiter
19. Johan Strauss
20. Kuwait  (Not to good on modern history  Embarassed )
21. Squid
22. Bonn
23. Uncle Tom's Cabin
24. Koala
25. My Girl

Bonus Questions.
1. 1492
2. 1948
3. 1973
4. 1969???
5. 1961

Stinker:= Bergerac
Tricky:= The Suez Canal
raymyjamie

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 20:32
@weatherwax wrote:1. Shirley Bassey
2. Switzerland
3. Ena Sharples
4. Kathleen Turner
5. Leeward???
6. Cornwall
7. Obtuse???
10. Apollo 11
11. Phantom of The Opera
12. Jesus Wept
13. Swallows and Amazons
14. Helen of Troy (Sparta)
15. William Wallace
16. Emma Peel
17. Katy Lester
18. Jupiter
19. Johan Strauss
20. Kuwait  (Not to good on modern history  Embarassed )
21. Squid
22. Bonn
23. Uncle Tom's Cabin
24. Koala
25. My Girl

Bonus Questions.
1. 1492
2. 1948
3. 1973
4. 1969???
5. 1961

Stinker:= Bergerac
Tricky:= The Suez Canal

Evening WW.

An amazing 29 correct WW, very well done.
Admin
Admin

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 20:33
Get comfy.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1967 hit with "Big Spender"?  SHIRLEY BASSEY

3)  TV, in Coronation St, who was the caretaker of the Glad Tidings Mission?..ENA SHARPLES

4)  Film, who co-starred with Michael Douglas in the 1984 film 'Romancing the Stone'?..KATHLEEN TURNER

5)  In nautical terms, what is the opposite of windward?..LEEWARD

6)  Food and drink, the dish ‘Stargazy Pie’, where the pastry crust has the fish heads protruding through thus appearing to be gazing skyward is traditionally from which English county? CORNWALL

7)  In mathematics, what is an angle called which measures more than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees?

8   What car manufacturer produces the compact SUV ‘Kuga’ model?

9)  Sport, which Premiership football club’s home ground is Turf Moor?

10)  History, what was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969? APOLLO 11?

11)  From what Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does the song ‘The Music of the Night’ come?.. PHANTOM OF THE OP

Gospel of John, chapter 11, verse 35...JESUS WEPT

14)  From the writing of Christopher Marlowe, whose face was said to have ‘launched a 1000 ships’?

15)  Film, which Scottish hero did Mel Gibson play in the 1995 film  'Braveheart'?..WILLIAM WALLACE

16)  TV, Dianna Rigg played which character in the original TV show  'The Avengers'?  PUSSY GALORE

17)  Who had a 1962 hit with "Love Letters"?  

18)  Science, the adjective ‘Jovian’ relates to which planet in our solar system?..JUPITER GUESS

19)  Classical music, which Austrian composer of light music (1825 – 1899), was known as ‘The Waltz King, and wrote over 500 waltzes, polkas and quadrilles? STRAUS

20)  History, August 2nd 1990 saw 100,000 Iraqi troops invade which neigbouring state, sparking off the first Gulf War?

21)  Food and drink, if you ordered ‘Calamari’ in a restaurant, what would you be eating? SQUID

22)  Geography, which city was the capital of West Germany from 1949 to 1990? BONN

24)  Which Australian arboreal herbivorous marsupial eats only eucalyptus leaves? KOALA

Well I guess you'd say
             …………………………………....♪♫

What song are those the opening lines to?..MY GIRL

1450 A GUESS

BQ2)  What year was The National Health Service introduced?1950

BQ3)  What year did Britain join the European Union? 1973

BQ4)  What year was The Beatles best selling album ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ released?1968

BQ5)  What year did Yuri Gagarin become the first man in space in his spacecraft Vostok 1?..1967

TRICKY)  Ferdinand de Lesseps was responsible for which huge engineering feat, which was constructed from 1859 to 1869?

SUEZ CANAL
jo anne

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 20:36
Evening, Ray Smile

1) Shirley bassey
2)
3) Percy 
4) 
5) 
6) Cornwall
7) obtuse

9) 
10) Apollo 
11) Phantom of the opera
12) Jesus wept
13) swallows and amazons
14) 
15) William Wallace 
16) 
17)
18) Jupiter 
19) 
20) Iran
21) octopus
22) Bonne
23) uncle tom's cabin
24) koala
25) my girl

STINKER) Jim Bergerac
raymyjamie

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 20:38
@Admin wrote:
Get comfy.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1967 hit with "Big Spender"?  SHIRLEY BASSEY

3)  TV, in Coronation St, who was the caretaker of the Glad Tidings Mission?..ENA SHARPLES

4)  Film, who co-starred with Michael Douglas in the 1984 film 'Romancing the Stone'?..KATHLEEN TURNER

5)  In nautical terms, what is the opposite of windward?..LEEWARD

7)  In mathematics, what is an angle called which measures more than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees?

10)  History, what was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969? APOLLO 11?

11)  From what Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does the song ‘The Music of the Night’ come?.. PHANTOM OF THE OP

Gospel of John, chapter 11, verse 35...JESUS WEPT

14)  From the writing of Christopher Marlowe, whose face was said to have ‘launched a 1000 ships’?

15)  Film, which Scottish hero did Mel Gibson play in the 1995 film  'Braveheart'?..WILLIAM WALLACE

16)  TV, Dianna Rigg played which character in the original TV show  'The Avengers'?  PUSSY GALORE

18)  Science, the adjective ‘Jovian’ relates to which planet in our solar system?..JUPITER GUESS

19)  Classical music, which Austrian composer of light music (1825 – 1899), was known as ‘The Waltz King, and wrote over 500 waltzes, polkas and quadrilles? STRAUS

20)  History, August 2nd 1990 saw 100,000 Iraqi troops invade which neigbouring state, sparking off the first Gulf War?

21)  Food and drink, if you ordered ‘Calamari’ in a restaurant, what would you be eating? SQUID

22)  Geography, which city was the capital of West Germany from 1949 to 1990? BONN

24)  Which Australian arboreal herbivorous marsupial eats only eucalyptus leaves? KOALA

Well I guess you'd say
             …………………………………....♪♫

What song are those the opening lines to?..MY GIRL

1450 A GUESS

BQ2)  What year was The National Health Service introduced?1950

BQ3)  What year did Britain join the European Union? 1973

BQ4)  What year was The Beatles best selling album ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ released?1968

BQ5)  What year did Yuri Gagarin become the first man in space in his spacecraft Vostok 1?..1967

TRICKY)  Ferdinand de Lesseps was responsible for which huge engineering feat, which was constructed from 1859 to 1869?

Evening Mrs A.

An excellent 17 correct, very well done.

SUEZ CANAL
raymyjamie

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 20:40
@jo anne wrote:Evening, Ray Smile

1) Shirley bassey
2)
3) Percy 
4) 
5) 
6) Cornwall
7) obtuse

9) 
10) Apollo 
11) Phantom of the opera
12) Jesus wept
13) swallows and amazons
14) 
15) William Wallace 
16) 
17)
18) Jupiter 
19) 
20) Iran
21) octopus
22) Bonne
23) uncle tom's cabin
24) koala
25) my girl

STINKER) Jim Bergerac

Evening Jo Anne.

A first class 14 correct, well done.
Lima Lima

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 20:43
Get comfy.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1967 hit with "Big Spender"? Shirley bassey

2)  Geography, which European country is divided into 26 cantons? Spain?

3)  TV, in Coronation St, who was the caretaker of the Glad Tidings Mission?

4)  Film, who co-starred with Michael Douglas in the 1984 film 'Romancing the Stone'? Kathleen turner

5)  In nautical terms, what is the opposite of windward? Leyward?

6)  Food and drink, the dish ‘Stargazy Pie’, where the pastry crust has the fish heads protruding through thus appearing to be gazing skyward is traditionally from which English county? Cornwall

7)  In mathematics, what is an angle called which measures more than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees? Obtuse

8   What car manufacturer produces the compact SUV ‘Kuga’ model? Ford

9)  Sport, which Premiership football club’s home ground is Turf Moor? Burnley

10)  History, what was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969? Apollo11?

11)  From what Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does the song ‘The Music of the Night’ come? Phantom of the opera

13)  Literature, first published in 1930, what was the name of the novel by Arthur Ransome about a children's boating adventure in the Lake District lord of the flies

14)  From the writing of Christopher Marlowe, whose face was said to have ‘launched a 1000 ships’? Elizabeth 1?

15)  Film, which Scottish hero did Mel Gibson play in the 1995 film  'Braveheart'? William Wallace

16)  TV, Dianna Rigg played which character in the original TV show  'The Avengers'?  

18)  Science, the adjective ‘Jovian’ relates to which planet in our solar system? Jupiter

19)  Classical music, which Austrian composer of light music (1825 – 1899), was known as ‘The Waltz King, and wrote over 500 waltzes, polkas and quadrilles? Johan Strauss

20)  History, August 2nd 1990 saw 100,000 Iraqi troops invade which neigbouring state, sparking off the first Gulf War? Kuwait

21)  Food and drink, if you ordered ‘Calamari’ in a restaurant, what would you be eating? Squid

22)  Geography, which city was the capital of West Germany from 1949 to 1990? Berlin

23)  Literature, what is the name of the anti-slavery novel written by American author Harriet Beecher Stowe in 1852? 12 years a slave?

24)  Which Australian arboreal herbivorous marsupial eats only eucalyptus leaves? Koala

Well I guess you'd say
             …………………………………....♪♫

What song are those the opening lines to? My girl

BQ1)  What year did Christopher Columbus discover America? 1680

BQ3)  What year did Britain join the European Union?

BQ4)  What year was The Beatles best selling album ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ released? 1968

BQ5)  What year did Yuri Gagarin become the first man in space in his spacecraft Vostok 1? 1967

TRICKY)  Ferdinand de Lesseps was responsible for which huge engineering feat, which was constructed from 1859 to 1869? Statue of Liberty?

Some absolute stinkers tonight. I know we’ve had a right mare!
weatherwax

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 20:48
Phew!! thanks for that RMJ. I really wasn't too sure on quite a few of those. 
raymyjamie

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 20:48
@Lima Lima wrote:
Get comfy.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1967 hit with "Big Spender"? Shirley bassey

2)  Geography, which European country is divided into 26 cantons? Spain?

4)  Film, who co-starred with Michael Douglas in the 1984 film 'Romancing the Stone'? Kathleen turner

5)  In nautical terms, what is the opposite of windward? Leyward?

6)  Food and drink, the dish ‘Stargazy Pie’, where the pastry crust has the fish heads protruding through thus appearing to be gazing skyward is traditionally from which English county? Cornwall

7)  In mathematics, what is an angle called which measures more than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees? Obtuse

8   What car manufacturer produces the compact SUV ‘Kuga’ model? Ford

9)  Sport, which Premiership football club’s home ground is Turf Moor? Burnley

10)  History, what was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969? Apollo11?

11)  From what Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does the song ‘The Music of the Night’ come? Phantom of the opera

13)  Literature, first published in 1930, what was the name of the novel by Arthur Ransome about a children's boating adventure in the Lake District lord of the flies

14)  From the writing of Christopher Marlowe, whose face was said to have ‘launched a 1000 ships’? Elizabeth 1?

15)  Film, which Scottish hero did Mel Gibson play in the 1995 film  'Braveheart'? William Wallace

16)  TV, Dianna Rigg played which character in the original TV show  'The Avengers'?  

18)  Science, the adjective ‘Jovian’ relates to which planet in our solar system? Jupiter

19)  Classical music, which Austrian composer of light music (1825 – 1899), was known as ‘The Waltz King, and wrote over 500 waltzes, polkas and quadrilles? Johan Strauss

20)  History, August 2nd 1990 saw 100,000 Iraqi troops invade which neigbouring state, sparking off the first Gulf War? Kuwait

21)  Food and drink, if you ordered ‘Calamari’ in a restaurant, what would you be eating? Squid

22)  Geography, which city was the capital of West Germany from 1949 to 1990? Berlin

23)  Literature, what is the name of the anti-slavery novel written by American author Harriet Beecher Stowe in 1852? 12 years a slave?

24)  Which Australian arboreal herbivorous marsupial eats only eucalyptus leaves? Koala

Well I guess you'd say
             …………………………………....♪♫

What song are those the opening lines to? My girl

BQ1)  What year did Christopher Columbus discover America? 1680

BQ4)  What year was The Beatles best selling album ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ released? 1968

BQ5)  What year did Yuri Gagarin become the first man in space in his spacecraft Vostok 1? 1967

TRICKY)  Ferdinand de Lesseps was responsible for which huge engineering feat, which was constructed from 1859 to 1869? Statue of Liberty?

Some absolute stinkers tonight. I know we’ve had a right mare!

In spite of the stinkage, you got a most excellent 17 correct LL  Laughing

Last edited by raymyjamie on Fri Apr 06 2018, 20:52; edited 1 time in total
raymyjamie

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 20:51
@weatherwax wrote:Phew!! thanks for that RMJ. I really wasn't too sure on quite a few of those. 

Thank you WW.

Apart from the usual Q8 & Q9 Laughing , you got the BQ4 Sgt Pepper one wrong.

A really superb score.
jo anne

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 20:52
Thanks, Ray Smile
raymyjamie

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 20:53
@jo anne wrote:Thanks, Ray Smile

Cheers JA, really good quizzing from you.
Gassey

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 21:15
Thanks once more Ray for conducting the quiz
look forward to it

Ray can you bear with me next week for
Crossy clues and quizzes I'm in Prestatyn
 ( at that camp where they did on the buses
film )  and Wi-Fi is hit and miss we're back
Friday night so I may be home for Fridays
quiz thanks a lot Ray
raymyjamie

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 21:37
Thanks a lot Gassey.

Hope you can make next Friday's quiz.

You could do the cryptics at the same time, I know you won't peep at the solutions.

Have a great week and don't sup too much LOL Laughing
Admin
Admin

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 21:59
Gassey

The name Prestatyn derives from the Old English preosta ("priest") and tun ("town")

Which supermarket originated in Prestatyn?

Many thanks for the quiz RMJ beltin as per usual.
raymyjamie

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 22:02
Thanks a lot Mrs A.

There may be some latecomers LOL Laughing
marieM

on Sat Apr 07 2018, 09:36
1. Shirley Bassey
2. Spain
5. Leawood
6. Cornwall
7. Obtuse
9. Burnley
10. Apollo
14. Helen of Troy
15. William Wallis
16. Emma Peel
17. Pat Boone
19.Strauss
20. Saudi Arabia
21. Snail
22. Bonn
23. Roots
24. Koala
25. My Girl

bbq 2. 1946
3. 1993

Tricky. Eiffel Tower

Sorry for being so late Ray
raymyjamie

on Sat Apr 07 2018, 09:46
@marieM wrote:1. Shirley Bassey  
2. Spain
5. Leawood  
6. Cornwall  
7. Obtuse  
9. Burnley  
10. Apollo  
14. Helen of Troy  
15. William Wallis  
16. Emma Peel  
17. Pat Boone
19.Strauss  
20. Saudi Arabia
21. Snail 
22. Bonn  
23. Roots
24. Koala  
25. My Girl  

bbq 2. 1946
       3. 1993

Tricky. Eiffel Tower

Sorry for being so late Ray

Good Morning Marie.

No need to apologise Marie.

A very good round from you, well done.
raymyjamie

on Sat Apr 07 2018, 09:56
Very well done to all last night's (and this morning's  LOL) quizzers

Here are the answers:-.

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz Answers 6-4-18

1)  Who had a 1967 hit with "Big Spender"?  
Shirley Bassey            

Switzerland  

Ena Sharples  

4)  Film, who co-starred with Michael Douglas in the 1984 film 'Romancing the Stone'?
Kathleen Turner        

5)  In nautical terms, what is the opposite of windward?
          Leeward (pronounced loo’ard apparently)  

6)  Food and drink, the dish ‘Stargazy Pie’, where the pastry crust has the fish heads protruding through thus appearing to be gazing skyward is traditionally from which English county?  
  Cornwall    

Obtuse

Ford  

Burnley  

10)  History, what was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969?
          Apollo XI  

11)  From what Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does the song ‘The Music of the Night’ come?
The Phantom of the Opera        

Jesus wept  

Swallows and Amazons          

Helen of Troy.

15)  Film, which Scottish hero did Mel Gibson play in the 1995 film  'Braveheart'?
William Wallace        

Emma Peel          

Ketty Lester          

18)  Science, the adjective ‘Jovian’ relates to which planet in our solar system?
      Jupiter    

19)  Classical music, which Austrian composer of light music (1825 – 1899), was known as ‘The Waltz King, and wrote over 500 waltzes, polkas and quadrilles?
Johann Strauss Jr          

Kuwait  

Squid  

22)  Geography, which city was the capital of West Germany from 1949 to 1990?
            Bonn  

Uncle Tom's Cabin

24)  Which Australian arboreal herbivorous marsupial eats only eucalyptus leaves?
       Koala bear    

Well I guess you'd say
             …………………………………....♪♫

My Girl (The Temptations)    

BQ2)  What year was The National Health Service introduced?

BQ4)  What year was The Beatles best selling album ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ released?

BQ5)  What year did Yuri Gagarin become the first man in space in his spacecraft Vostok 1?

Jim Bergerac      

The Suez Canal  
Hieronymous

on Sat Apr 07 2018, 14:33
1. Shirley Bassey

2. France

3. Ena Sharples

4. Damn!

5. Lee

6. Cornwall

7. Obtuse

8. Ford

9. Burnley

10. Apollo 11

11. Phantom of the Opera

12. ?

13. Swallows and Amazons

14. Cleopatra?

15. Robert the Bruce

16. Diana Rigg wasn't in the original series of 'The Avengers'. That starred Patrick McNee and Iain Hendry. The first Avengers girl was Cathy Gale played by Honor Blackman. Diana Rigg was in the third series playing Emma Peel.

17. Acker Bilk

18. Jupiter

19. Strauss

20. Kuwait

21. Stew

22. Bonn

23. Little Women

24. Koala bear

25. My Girl

BQ1. ?

BQ2. 1958?

BQ3. European Union? 1986 or thereabouts

BQ4. 1969?

BQ5. 1961

STINKER: Bergerac?

TRICKY: Eiffel Tower
Hieronymous

on Sat Apr 07 2018, 14:42
There was no 'European Union' in 1973. It was the 'European Economic Community (EEC) aka the Common Market.
raymyjamie

on Sat Apr 07 2018, 17:27
@Hieronymous wrote:1. Shirley Bassey

2. France

3. Ena Sharples

4. Damn!

5. Leeward

6. Cornwall

7. Obtuse

8. Ford

9. Burnley

10. Apollo 11

11. Phantom of the Opera

12. ?

13. Swallows and Amazons

14. Cleopatra?

15. Robert the Bruce

16. Diana Rigg wasn't in the original series of 'The Avengers'. That starred Patrick McNee and Iain Hendry. The first Avengers girl was Cathy Gale played by Honor Blackman. Diana Rigg was in the third series playing Emma Peel. I should've checked mon ami Embarassed

17. Acker Bilk

18. Jupiter

19. Strauss

20. Kuwait

21. Stew

22.  Bonn

23. Little Women

24. Koala bear

25. My Girl

BQ1. ?

BQ2. 1958?

BQ3. European Union?  1986 or thereabouts

BQ4. 1969?

BQ5. 1961

STINKER: Bergerac?

TRICKY: Eiffel Tower

A good solid bit of quizzing mon ami, very well done.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum