Go down
raymyjamie

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 6-4-18

on Fri Apr 06 2018, 20:00
First topic message reminder :

A very good Friday Evening to all you Rejects.
Come on down here to the Reject’s Bar.
Order that first drink from our well stocked bar.
Get comfy.
Let’s have a beltin’ bit of brainwork.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 6-4-18

1) Who had a 1967 hit with "Big Spender"?

2) Geography, which European country is divided into 26 cantons?

3) TV, in Coronation St, who was the caretaker of the Glad Tidings Mission?

4) Film, who co-starred with Michael Douglas in the 1984 film 'Romancing the Stone'?

5) In nautical terms, what is the opposite of windward?

6) Food and drink, the dish ‘Stargazy Pie’, where the pastry crust has the fish heads protruding through thus appearing to be gazing skyward is traditionally from which English county?

7) In mathematics, what is an angle called which measures more than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees?

8 What car manufacturer produces the compact SUV ‘Kuga’ model?

9) Sport, which Premiership football club’s home ground is Turf Moor?

10) History, what was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969?

11) From what Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does the song ‘The Music of the Night’ come?

12) What 2 word phrase is famous for being the shortest verse in the King James Bible,
Gospel of John, chapter 11, verse 35.

13) Literature, first published in 1930, what was the name of the novel by Arthur Ransome about a children's boating adventure in the Lake District

14) From the writing of Christopher Marlowe, whose face was said to have ‘launched a 1000 ships’?

15) Film, which Scottish hero did Mel Gibson play in the 1995 film 'Braveheart'?

16) TV, Dianna Rigg played which character in the original TV show 'The Avengers'?

17) Who had a 1962 hit with "Love Letters"?

18) Science, the adjective ‘Jovian’ relates to which planet in our solar system?

19) Classical music, which Austrian composer of light music (1825 – 1899), was known as ‘The Waltz King, and wrote over 500 waltzes, polkas and quadrilles?

20) History, August 2nd 1990 saw 100,000 Iraqi troops invade which neigbouring state, sparking off the first Gulf War?

21) Food and drink, if you ordered ‘Calamari’ in a restaurant, what would you be eating?

22) Geography, which city was the capital of West Germany from 1949 to 1990?

23) Literature, what is the name of the anti-slavery novel written by American author Harriet Beecher Stowe in 1852?

24) Which Australian arboreal herbivorous marsupial eats only eucalyptus leaves?

25) ♪♫ I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
When it's cold outside I've got the month of May
Well I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
…………………………………....♪♫

What song are those the opening lines to?

WHAT YEAR BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) What year did Christopher Columbus discover America?

BQ2) What year was The National Health Service introduced?

BQ3) What year did Britain join the European Union?

BQ4) What year was The Beatles best selling album ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ released?

BQ5) What year did Yuri Gagarin become the first man in space in his spacecraft Vostok 1?

STINKER) TV, Charlie Hungerford was the ex-father in law of which TV law enforcer?

TRICKY) Ferdinand de Lesseps was responsible for which huge engineering feat, which was constructed from 1859 to 1869?

Corky Ringspot

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 6-4-18

on Sat Apr 07 2018, 21:11

1)  Who had a 1967 hit with "Big Spender"?   S Bassey

2)  Geography, which European country is divided into 26 cantons? Spain

3)  TV, in Coronation St, who was the caretaker of the Glad Tidings Mission? Albert Tatlock

4)  Film, who co-starred with Michael Douglas in the 1984 film 'Romancing the Stone'? Kathleen Turner

5)  In nautical terms, what is the opposite of windward? Leeward

6)  Food and drink, the dish ‘Stargazy Pie’, where the pastry crust has the fish heads protruding through thus appearing to be gazing skyward is traditionally from which English county? Cornwall

7)  In mathematics, what is an angle called which measures more than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees? reflex

8   What car manufacturer produces the compact SUV ‘Kuga’ model? ????

9)  Sport, which Premiership football club’s home ground is Turf Moor? Burnley

10)  History, what was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969? Apollo 11

11)  From what Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does the song ‘The Music of the Night’ come? Phantom

12)  What 2 word phrase is famous for being the shortest verse in the King James Bible,
Gospel of John, chapter 11, verse 35. Jesus Wept

13)  Literature, first published in 1930, what was the name of the novel by Arthur Ransome about a children's boating adventure in the Lake District Swallows & Amazons

14)  From the writing of Christopher Marlowe, whose face was said to have ‘launched a 1000 ships’?

15)  Film, which Scottish hero did Mel Gibson play in the 1995 film  'Braveheart'?

16)  TV, Dianna Rigg played which character in the original TV show  'The Avengers'?  

17)  Who had a 1962 hit with "Love Letters"?  

18)  Science, the adjective ‘Jovian’ relates to which planet in our solar system?

19)  Classical music, which Austrian composer of light music (1825 – 1899), was known as ‘The Waltz King, and wrote over 500 waltzes, polkas and quadrilles?

20)  History, August 2nd 1990 saw 100,000 Iraqi troops invade which neigbouring state, sparking off the first Gulf War?

21)  Food and drink, if you ordered ‘Calamari’ in a restaurant, what would you be eating?

22)  Geography, which city was the capital of West Germany from 1949 to 1990?

23)  Literature, what is the name of the anti-slavery novel written by American author Harriet Beecher Stowe in 1852?

24)  Which Australian arboreal herbivorous marsupial eats only eucalyptus leaves?

25)  ♪♫ I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
           Well I guess you'd say
             …………………………………....♪♫

BQ1)  What year did Christopher Columbus discover America?

BQ2)  What year was The National Health Service introduced?

BQ3)  What year did Britain join the European Union?

BQ4)  What year was The Beatles best selling album ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ released?

BQ5)  What year did Yuri Gagarin become the first man in space in his spacecraft Vostok 1?

STINKER)  TV, Charlie Hungerford was the ex-father in law of which TV law enforcer?

TRICKY)  Ferdinand de Lesseps was responsible for which huge engineering feat, which was constructed from 1859 to 1869?
[/quote]
raymyjamie

on Sat Apr 07 2018, 21:28
@Corky Ringspot wrote:

1)  Who had a 1967 hit with "Big Spender"?     S Bassey

2)  Geography, which European country is divided into 26 cantons?   Spain

3)  TV, in Coronation St, who was the caretaker of the Glad Tidings Mission?  Albert Tatlock

4)  Film, who co-starred with Michael Douglas in the 1984 film 'Romancing the Stone'?  Kathleen Turner

5)  In nautical terms, what is the opposite of windward?  Leeward

6)  Food and drink, the dish ‘Stargazy Pie’, where the pastry crust has the fish heads protruding through thus appearing to be gazing skyward is traditionally from which English county?  Cornwall

7)  In mathematics, what is an angle called which measures more than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees? reflex

8   What car manufacturer produces the compact SUV ‘Kuga’ model?  ????

9)  Sport, which Premiership football club’s home ground is Turf Moor?  Burnley

10)  History, what was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969?  Apollo 11

11)  From what Andrew Lloyd Webber musical does the song ‘The Music of the Night’ come?  Phantom

12)  What 2 word phrase is famous for being the shortest verse in the King James Bible,
Gospel of John, chapter 11, verse 35.   Jesus Wept

13)  Literature, first published in 1930, what was the name of the novel by Arthur Ransome about a children's boating adventure in the Lake District    Swallows & Amazons

14)  From the writing of Christopher Marlowe, whose face was said to have ‘launched a 1000 ships’?

15)  Film, which Scottish hero did Mel Gibson play in the 1995 film  'Braveheart'?

16)  TV, Dianna Rigg played which character in the original TV show  'The Avengers'?  

17)  Who had a 1962 hit with "Love Letters"?  

18)  Science, the adjective ‘Jovian’ relates to which planet in our solar system?

19)  Classical music, which Austrian composer of light music (1825 – 1899), was known as ‘The Waltz King, and wrote over 500 waltzes, polkas and quadrilles?

20)  History, August 2nd 1990 saw 100,000 Iraqi troops invade which neigbouring state, sparking off the first Gulf War?

21)  Food and drink, if you ordered ‘Calamari’ in a restaurant, what would you be eating?

22)  Geography, which city was the capital of West Germany from 1949 to 1990?

23)  Literature, what is the name of the anti-slavery novel written by American author Harriet Beecher Stowe in 1852?

24)  Which Australian arboreal herbivorous marsupial eats only eucalyptus leaves?

Well I guess you'd say
             …………………………………....♪♫

BQ1)  What year did Christopher Columbus discover America?

BQ2)  What year was The National Health Service introduced?

BQ3)  What year did Britain join the European Union?

BQ4)  What year was The Beatles best selling album ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ released?

BQ5)  What year did Yuri Gagarin become the first man in space in his spacecraft Vostok 1?

STINKER)  TV, Charlie Hungerford was the ex-father in law of which TV law enforcer?

TRICKY)  Ferdinand de Lesseps was responsible for which huge engineering feat, which was constructed from 1859 to 1869?
[/quote]

A good start, but then fizzling out Mester Corky.
Unless of course you're having a second go later.
weatherwax

on Sat Apr 07 2018, 22:38
I hope all is well with Corky. I am a little uneasy at the way he stopped answering. There are a few there that I know he would know, and it is not like him not to put anything, even something daft for an answer.
I was so uneasy I checked and found that this was the last post he has put on tonight, even though he seems to be still logged in.
raymyjamie

on Sat Apr 07 2018, 22:41
WW, I thought it rather strange too.

It could be something as simple as he didn't realise the time,

and the Boil's yed was calling.

I'll keep my eye on the quiz thread.
weatherwax

on Sat Apr 07 2018, 22:49
Thanks RMJ. I might just be daft, but It was such a strong feeling of unease when I read the thread. He is probably supping slutch at this very minute, and will have a good chuckle at me when he gets back. 
Corky Ringspot

on Sat Apr 07 2018, 23:08
Was called away earlier.

Think I got to here

14)  From the writing of Christopher Marlowe, whose face was said to have ‘launched a 1000 ships’? Helen Of Troy

15)  Film, which Scottish hero did Mel Gibson play in the 1995 film  'Braveheart' Rob Roy

16)  TV, Dianna Rigg played which character in the original TV show  'The Avengers'?   Emma Peel

17)  Who had a 1962 hit with "Love Letters"?   ?

18)  Science, the adjective ‘Jovian’ relates to which planet in our solar system? Jupiter

19)  Classical music, which Austrian composer of light music (1825 – 1899), was known as ‘The Waltz King, and wrote over 500 waltzes, polkas and quadrilles? Strauss

20)  History, August 2nd 1990 saw 100,000 Iraqi troops invade which neigbouring state, sparking off the first Gulf War? Kuwait

21)  Food and drink, if you ordered ‘Calamari’ in a restaurant, what would you be eating? Squid

22)  Geography, which city was the capital of West Germany from 1949 to 1990? Berlin

23)  Literature, what is the name of the anti-slavery novel written by American author Harriet Beecher Stowe in 1852? Uncle Tom's Cabin

24)  Which Australian arboreal herbivorous marsupial eats only eucalyptus leaves? Koala 'Bear'

Well I guess you'd say
             …………………………………....♪♫

What song are those the opening lines to? My Girl

BQ1)  What year did Christopher Columbus discover America? AAAAAAAGGG

BQ2)  What year was The National Health Service introduced? 1948

BQ3)  What year did Britain join the European Union? 1971

BQ4)  What year was The Beatles best selling album ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ released? 1968

BQ5)  What year did Yuri Gagarin become the first man in space in his spacecraft Vostok 1? 1957

STINKER)  TV, Charlie Hungerford was the ex-father in law of which TV law enforcer? ??????

TRICKY)  Ferdinand de Lesseps was responsible for which huge engineering feat, which was constructed from 1859 to 1869? Panama Canal
Corky Ringspot

on Sat Apr 07 2018, 23:10
Cheer Ray. Another Belter.

No cause for alarm.

Was busy doing quiz and was planning to visit Asda afterwards.

Then remembered the buggers shut at 10pm on Saturday. Had to dash. Very Happy
weatherwax

on Sat Apr 07 2018, 23:15
Never thought it would be a relief to see....AAAAAAGGGG,  on a post.  lol!
Corky Ringspot

on Sat Apr 07 2018, 23:36
I'm touched. Embarassed

When I do the quiz, I just click the quote icon on the OP, thus I don't accidentally read anyone else's replies. So tonight, when I needed to dash, I just clicked 'send', then on my return, started with the OP again.

I suppose it all stems from the school thing where everyone lifts their elbow up to shield their exam papers from prying eyes.
raymyjamie

on Sat Apr 07 2018, 23:53
@Corky Ringspot wrote:Was called away earlier.

Think I got to here

14)  From the writing of Christopher Marlowe, whose face was said to have ‘launched a 1000 ships’?  Helen Of Troy

15)  Film, which Scottish hero did Mel Gibson play in the 1995 film  'Braveheart'    Rob Roy

16)  TV, Dianna Rigg played which character in the original TV show  'The Avengers'?     Emma Peel

17)  Who had a 1962 hit with "Love Letters"?     ?

18)  Science, the adjective ‘Jovian’ relates to which planet in our solar system?    Jupiter  

19)  Classical music, which Austrian composer of light music (1825 – 1899), was known as ‘The Waltz King, and wrote over 500 waltzes, polkas and quadrilles?      Strauss  

20)  History, August 2nd 1990 saw 100,000 Iraqi troops invade which neigbouring state, sparking off the first Gulf War?    Kuwait  

21)  Food and drink, if you ordered ‘Calamari’ in a restaurant, what would you be eating?   Squid  

22)  Geography, which city was the capital of West Germany from 1949 to 1990?   Berlin

23)  Literature, what is the name of the anti-slavery novel written by American author Harriet Beecher Stowe in 1852?    Uncle Tom's Cabin  

24)  Which Australian arboreal herbivorous marsupial eats only eucalyptus leaves?     Koala 'Bear'  

Well I guess you'd say
             …………………………………....♪♫

What song are those the opening lines to?     My Girl  

BQ1)  What year did Christopher Columbus discover America? AAAAAAAGGG

BQ2)  What year was The National Health Service introduced?    1948  

BQ3)  What year did Britain join the European Union?  1971

BQ4)  What year was The Beatles best selling album ‘Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ released?  1968

BQ5)  What year did Yuri Gagarin become the first man in space in his spacecraft Vostok 1?   1957

STINKER)  TV, Charlie Hungerford was the ex-father in law of which TV law enforcer?    ??????

TRICKY)  Ferdinand de Lesseps was responsible for which huge engineering feat, which was constructed from 1859 to 1869?   Panama Canal   t''other one

WW and I worried Mester Corky.

anyroad, you redeemed yourself, well done.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum