Share
Go down
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13223
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:00
A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
The weekend is upon us.
Come on down to the Rejects Bar.
Get th’ale in.
Get comfy in your favourite seat.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

1) Which group had a 1978 double ‘A’ side hit with Bicycle Race / Fat Bottomed Girls?

2) Geography, in which European city would you find The Parthenon?

3) TV, Arthur Negus was a television expert in which field?

4) Film, which pop singer featured as the alien Thomas Jerome Newton in the 1976 film ‘The Man Who Fell To Earth’?

5) In cockney rhyming slang, what does ‘whistle and flute’ refer to?

6) Food and drink, from what type of flower is Saffron obtained?

7) Science, in computing terms, what does ROM stand for?

8 ) What European car maker produces the crossover MPV ‘Captur’ model?

9) Sport, which newly promoted side to the Championship play their home matches at Ewood Park?

10) History, what was the name of the Buckinghamshire site which housed personnel from the Government Code and Cypher School during World War II?

11) With a song from the musical 'Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat', who had a 1991 hit with ' Any dream will do'?

12) How would you express this year of 2018 in Roman numerals?

13) Literature, which scientist published ‘On the Origin of Species’, subtitled ‘By Means of Natural Selection’in 1859?

14) The Christian celebration Mardi Gras translates from the French as what?

15) Film, with which world famous Hollywood actress does one associate the words "I want to be alone”?

16) TV, which sitcom actor and comedian fell off a treadmill in Peter Kay's 2005 version of ‘Amarillo’ for Comic Relief?

17) Which Ska band had a 1982 hit with ‘Our House’?

18) Science, Phobos and Deimos are moons of which planet in our solar system?

19) Classical music, who composed the 1725 musical work ‘The Four Seasons’?

20) History, ‘The Yorkshire Ripper’ was the nickname of which British serial killer?

21) Food and drink, what type of fortified wine is made from white grapes that are grown near the town of Jerez de la Frontera in Andalusia, Spain?

22) Geography, The Hague is the seat of the government of which country?

23) Literature, first published in 1911, for which book is J. M. Barrie best known?

24) Which Apollo 11 astronaut did not set foot on the moon?

25) ♪♫As I write this letter
Send my love to you
Remember that I'll always
Be in love with you♪♫

From what Beatles song are those the opening lines?


TV DETECTIVES BONUS QUESTIONS

From the information in the question, name the fictional TV Detectives.

BQ1) Portrayed by Peter Falk from 1971 to 2003, which US Detective famously always wore a raincoat?

BQ2) Starring Tom Selleck and running from 1980 to 1988, which PI lived in Hawaii?

BQ3) Created by Ruth Rendell and running from 1987 to 2000, starring George Baker, the action takes place in the Sussex market town of Kingsmarkham.

BQ4) Running from 2007 to 2017, and set in the North East of England during the period 1964 to 1970, this Inspector was played by Martin Shaw.

BQ5) This Oxford Detective Inspector likes classical music, crosswords and real ale, and has a sidekick called Robbie.

STINKER) On which river does the city of Lincoln stand?

TRICKY) History, when Abel Tasman discovered Tasmania in 1642, what did he call it?
avatar
jo anne
Posts : 2710
Join date : 2015-06-04

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:18
Evening, Ray Smile

1) queen
2) Athens
3) Antiques
4) David Bowie
5) suit
6) crocus
7)
8 )
9) Leeds
10) Bletchley Park
11) Phillip Schofield
12)
13) Charles Darwin
14)
15) Bette Davis
16)
17) madness
18) Jupiter
19) Vivaldi
20) peter sutcliffe
21) sherry
22) the Netherlands

23) Peter Pan
24)
25)

BQ1) columbo
BQ2) magnum
BQ3)
BQ4)
BQ5) morse
avatar
Lima Lima
Posts : 1370
Join date : 2014-01-25
Age : 44

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:19
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
The weekend is upon us.
Come on down to the Rejects Bar.
Get th’ale in.
Get comfy in your favourite seat.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

1)  Which group had a 1978 double ‘A’ side hit with Bicycle Race / Fat Bottomed Girls? Queen

2)  Geography, in which European city would you find The Parthenon? Athens

3)  TV, Arthur Negus was a television expert in which field? Antiques

4)  Film, which pop singer featured as the alien Thomas Jerome Newton in the 1976 film ‘The Man Who Fell To Earth’? David Bowie

5)  In cockney rhyming slang, what does ‘whistle and flute’ refer to? Suit

6)  Food and drink, from what type of flower is Saffron obtained? Crocus

7)  Science, in computing terms, what does ROM stand for? Read only memory

8 )  What European car  maker produces the crossover MPV ‘Captur’ model? Renault

9)  Sport, which newly promoted side to the Championship play their home matches at Ewood Park? Blackburn Rovers

10)   History, what was the name of the Buckinghamshire site which housed personnel from the Government Code and Cypher School during World War II? Bletchley Park

11)  With a song from the musical 'Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat', who had a 1991 hit with ' Any dream will do'? Jason Donovan

12)  How would you express this year of 2018 in Roman numerals? MMXVIII

13)  Literature, which scientist published ‘On the Origin of Species’, subtitled ‘By Means of Natural Selection’in 1859? Charles Darwin

14)  The Christian celebration Mardi Gras translates from the French as what? Something Tuesday?

15)  Film, with which world famous Hollywood actress does one associate the words "I want to be alone”? Mae West?

16)  TV, which sitcom actor and comedian fell off a treadmill in Peter Kay's 2005 version of ‘Amarillo’ for Comic Relief?   Ronnie Corbett

17)  Which Ska band had a 1982 hit with ‘Our House’? Madness

18)  Science, Phobos and Deimos are moons of which planet in our solar system? Mars?

19)  Classical music, who composed the 1725 musical work ‘The Four Seasons’? Vivaldi

20)  History, ‘The Yorkshire Ripper’ was the nickname of which British serial killer? Peter sutcliffe

21)  Food and drink, what type of fortified wine is made from white grapes that are grown near the town of Jerez de la Frontera in Andalusia, Spain? Sherry?

22)  Geography, The Hague is the seat of the government of which country? Switzerland?

23)  Literature, first published in 1911, for which book is J. M. Barrie best known? Peter Pan?

24)  Which Apollo 11 astronaut did not set foot on the moon? Jim Lovell?

25)    ♪♫As I write this letter
             Send my love to you
             Remember that I'll always
             Be in love with you♪♫

From what Beatles song are those the opening lines? She loves you?


TV DETECTIVES BONUS QUESTIONS

From the information in the question, name the fictional TV Detectives.

BQ1)  Portrayed by Peter Falk from 1971 to 2003, which US Detective famously always wore a raincoat? Columbo

BQ2)  Starring Tom Selleck and running from 1980 to 1988, which PI lived in Hawaii? Magnum

BQ3)  Created by Ruth Rendell and running from 1987 to 2000, starring George Baker, the action takes place in the Sussex market town of Kingsmarkham. Inspector Wexford?

BQ4)  Running from 2007 to 2017, and set in the North East of England during the period 1964 to 1970, this Inspector was played by Martin Shaw. The Chief

BQ5)  This Oxford Detective Inspector likes classical music, crosswords and real ale, and has a sidekick called Robbie. Inspector Morse?

STINKER)  On which river does the city of Lincoln stand?      

TRICKY)  History, when Abel Tasman discovered Tasmania in 1642, what did he call it? Devils island?

Some tough ones tonight but I think we’ve done alright
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13223
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:21
@jo anne wrote:Evening, Ray Smile

1) queen
2) Athens
3) Antiques
4) David Bowie
5) suit
6) crocus
7)
8 )
9) Leeds
10) Bletchley Park
11) Phillip Schofield
12)
13) Charles Darwin
14)
15) Bette Davis
16)
17) madness
18) Jupiter
19) Vivaldi
20) peter sutcliffe
21) sherry
22) the Netherlands

23) Peter Pan
24)
25)

BQ1) columbo
BQ2) magnum
BQ3)
BQ4)
BQ5) morse

Evening Jo Anne.

A most excellent 17 correct, well done.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13223
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:24
@Lima Lima wrote:
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
The weekend is upon us.
Come on down to the Rejects Bar.
Get th’ale in.
Get comfy in your favourite seat.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

1)  Which group had a 1978 double ‘A’ side hit with Bicycle Race / Fat Bottomed Girls? Queen

2)  Geography, in which European city would you find The Parthenon? Athens

3)  TV, Arthur Negus was a television expert in which field? Antiques

4)  Film, which pop singer featured as the alien Thomas Jerome Newton in the 1976 film ‘The Man Who Fell To Earth’? David Bowie

5)  In cockney rhyming slang, what does ‘whistle and flute’ refer to? Suit

6)  Food and drink, from what type of flower is Saffron obtained? Crocus

7)  Science, in computing terms, what does ROM stand for? Read only memory

8 )  What European car  maker produces the crossover MPV ‘Captur’ model? Renault

9)  Sport, which newly promoted side to the Championship play their home matches at Ewood Park? Blackburn Rovers

10)   History, what was the name of the Buckinghamshire site which housed personnel from the Government Code and Cypher School during World War II? Bletchley Park

11)  With a song from the musical 'Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat', who had a 1991 hit with ' Any dream will do'? Jason Donovan

12)  How would you express this year of 2018 in Roman numerals? MMXVIII

13)  Literature, which scientist published ‘On the Origin of Species’, subtitled ‘By Means of Natural Selection’in 1859? Charles Darwin

14)  The Christian celebration Mardi Gras translates from the French as what? Something Tuesday?

15)  Film, with which world famous Hollywood actress does one associate the words "I want to be alone”? Mae West?

16)  TV, which sitcom actor and comedian fell off a treadmill in Peter Kay's 2005 version of ‘Amarillo’ for Comic Relief?   Ronnie Corbett

17)  Which Ska band had a 1982 hit with ‘Our House’? Madness

18)  Science, Phobos and Deimos are moons of which planet in our solar system? Mars?

19)  Classical music, who composed the 1725 musical work ‘The Four Seasons’? Vivaldi

20)  History, ‘The Yorkshire Ripper’ was the nickname of which British serial killer? Peter sutcliffe

21)  Food and drink, what type of fortified wine is made from white grapes that are grown near the town of Jerez de la Frontera in Andalusia, Spain? Sherry?

22)  Geography, The Hague is the seat of the government of which country? Switzerland?

23)  Literature, first published in 1911, for which book is J. M. Barrie best known? Peter Pan?

24)  Which Apollo 11 astronaut did not set foot on the moon? Jim Lovell?

25)    ♪♫As I write this letter
             Send my love to you
             Remember that I'll always
             Be in love with you♪♫

From what Beatles song are those the opening lines? She loves you?


TV DETECTIVES BONUS QUESTIONS

From the information in the question, name the fictional TV Detectives.

BQ1)  Portrayed by Peter Falk from 1971 to 2003, which US Detective famously always wore a raincoat? Columbo

BQ2)  Starring Tom Selleck and running from 1980 to 1988, which PI lived in Hawaii? Magnum

BQ3)  Created by Ruth Rendell and running from 1987 to 2000, starring George Baker, the action takes place in the Sussex market town of Kingsmarkham. Inspector Wexford?

BQ4)  Running from 2007 to 2017, and set in the North East of England during the period 1964 to 1970, this Inspector was played by Martin Shaw. The Chief

BQ5)  This Oxford Detective Inspector likes classical music, crosswords and real ale, and has a sidekick called Robbie. Inspector Morse?

STINKER)  On which river does the city of Lincoln stand?      

TRICKY)  History, when Abel Tasman discovered Tasmania in 1642, what did he call it? Devils island?

Some tough ones tonight but I think we’ve done alright

A really super 24 correct LL, very well done.
avatar
weatherwax
Posts : 4191
Join date : 2013-12-09
Age : 68
Location : That other place

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:29
1. Queen
2. Athens (Greece)
4. Antiques (Furniture)
5. David Bowie
6. Suit (Clothing)
7. Crocus
8. Read Only Memory
9.
10. Bletchley Park
11. Jason Donovan
12. MMXV111
13. Charles Darwin
14. Fat Tuesday
15. Greta Garbo
16. Ronnie Corbett
17. Madness
18. Mars
19. Vivaldi
20. Peter Sutcliffe 
21. Sherry
22. Dutch
23. Peter Pan
24. Michael Collins
25. PS I Love You

Bonus Questions.
1. Columbo
2. Magnum
3. Wexford
4. George Gently
5. Morse

Stinker:= Witham ???
Tricky:= Van Diemens Land
avatar
jo anne
Posts : 2710
Join date : 2015-06-04

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:31
Thanks as always, Ray Smile
avatar
Gassey
Posts : 1549
Join date : 2016-10-18
Age : 65
Location : Pemberton

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:32
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
The weekend is upon us.
Come on down to the Rejects Bar.
Get th’ale in.
Get comfy in your favourite seat.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

1)  Which group had a 1978 double ‘A’ side hit with Bicycle Race / Fat Bottomed Girls? QUEEN

2)  Geography, in which European city would you find The Parthenon? ROME

3)  TV, Arthur Negus was a television expert in which field?ANTIQUES

4)  Film, which pop singer featured as the alien Thomas Jerome Newton in the 1976 film ‘The Man Who Fell To Earth’? DAVID BOWIE

5)  In cockney rhyming slang, what does ‘whistle and flute’ refer to? A SUIT

6)  Food and drink, from what type of flower is Saffron obtained? DAFFODILS

7)  Science, in computing terms, what does ROM stand for?

8 )  What European car  maker produces the crossover MPV ‘Captur’ model? FIAT

9)  Sport, which newly promoted side to the Championship play their home matches at Ewood Park? BLACKBURN ROVERS

10)   History, what was the name of the Buckinghamshire site which housed personnel from the Government Code and Cypher School during World War II? FINCHLEY PARK

11)  With a song from the musical 'Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat', who had a 1991 hit with ' Any dream will do'? JASON DONAVON

12)  How would you express this year of 2018 in Roman numerals? CCXV111

13)  Literature, which scientist published ‘On the Origin of Species’, subtitled ‘By Means of Natural Selection’in 1859? CHARLES DARWIN

14)  The Christian celebration Mardi Gras translates from the French as what? PARTY TIME

15)  Film, with which world famous Hollywood actress does one associate the words "I want to be alone”?GRETA GARBO

16)  TV, which sitcom actor and comedian fell off a treadmill in Peter Kay's 2005 version of ‘Amarillo’ for Comic Relief?   MICHAEL CRAWFORD

17)  Which Ska band had a 1982 hit with ‘Our House’? MADNESS

18)  Science, Phobos and Deimos are moons of which planet in our solar system? SATURN

19)  Classical music, who composed the 1725 musical work ‘The Four Seasons’? VIVALDI

20)  History, ‘The Yorkshire Ripper’ was the nickname of which British serial killer? PETER SUCCLIFFE

21)  Food and drink, what type of fortified wine is made from white grapes that are grown near the town of Jerez de la Frontera in Andalusia, Spain? PORT

22)  Geography, The Hague is the seat of the government of which country? BELGIUM

23)  Literature, first published in 1911, for which book is J. M. Barrie best known? PETER PAN

24)  Which Apollo 11 astronaut did not set foot on the moon?
MIKE COLLINS
25)    ♪♫As I write this letter
             Send my love to you
             Remember that I'll always
             Be in love with you♪♫

From what Beatles song are those the opening lines?
P.S I LOVE YOU

TV DETECTIVES BONUS QUESTIONS

From the information in the question, name the fictional TV Detectives.

BQ1)  Portrayed by Peter Falk from 1971 to 2003, which US Detective famously always wore a raincoat? COLOMBO

BQ2)  Starring Tom Selleck and running from 1980 to 1988, which PI lived in Hawaii? MAGNUM

BQ3)  Created by Ruth Rendell and running from 1987 to 2000, starring George Baker, the action takes place in the Sussex market town of Kingsmarkham. INSPECTOR WEXFORD

BQ4)  Running from 2007 to 2017, and set in the North East of England during the period 1964 to 1970, this Inspector was played by Martin Shaw.

BQ5)  This Oxford Detective Inspector likes classical music, crosswords and real ale, and has a sidekick called Robbie. MORSE

STINKER)  On which river does the city of Lincoln stand?      

TRICKY)  History, when Abel Tasman discovered Tasmania in 1642, what did he call it?
avatar
weatherwax
Posts : 4191
Join date : 2013-12-09
Age : 68
Location : That other place

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:33
Sorry RMj. I cocked up on the numbering. Can you follow it or shall I edit....I didn't answer no 8 either.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13223
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:35
@weatherwax wrote:1. Queen
2. Athens (Greece)
4. Antiques (Furniture)
5. David Bowie
6. Suit (Clothing)
7. Crocus
8. Read Only Memory
9.
10. Bletchley Park
11. Jason Donovan
12. MMXV111
13. Charles Darwin
14. Fat Tuesday
15. Greta Garbo
16. Ronnie Corbett
17. Madness
18. Mars
19. Vivaldi
20. Peter Sutcliffe 
21. Sherry
22. Dutch
23. Peter Pan
24. Michael Collins
25. PS I Love You

Bonus Questions.
1. Columbo
2. Magnum
3. Wexford
4. George Gently
5. Morse

Stinker:= Witham ???
Tricky:= Van Diemens Land

Evening WW.

The usual and most brilliant 30 correct, very well done.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13223
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:36
@jo anne wrote:Thanks as always, Ray Smile

Thank you Jo Anne, you're very welcome.

avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13223
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:40
@weatherwax wrote:Sorry RMj. I cocked up on the numbering. Can you follow it or shall I edit....I didn't answer no 8 either.

I didn't notice the numbering WW, I have the answers in my head,

don't worry about it, you got the usual 30 correct.
avatar
weatherwax
Posts : 4191
Join date : 2013-12-09
Age : 68
Location : That other place

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:43
The Tricky reminds me of the song "Black Velvet Band"  Laughing Laughing
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13223
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:45
@weatherwax wrote:The Tricky reminds me of the song "Black Velvet Band"  Laughing Laughing

Because it rhymes?
avatar
weatherwax
Posts : 4191
Join date : 2013-12-09
Age : 68
Location : That other place

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:49
For the Brain exercise.  Laughing Laughing Laughing
avatar
mache
Posts : 14985
Join date : 2013-12-04
Age : 43
Location : Sodbury in Makerfield

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:49
Did you know that there are no native Tasmanians
avatar
weatherwax
Posts : 4191
Join date : 2013-12-09
Age : 68
Location : That other place

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:51
@raymyjamie wrote:
@weatherwax wrote:The Tricky reminds me of the song "Black Velvet Band"  Laughing Laughing

Because it rhymes?
No, Its because he ends up in "Van Diemans Land"   Laughing Laughing Laughing
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13223
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:51
@weatherwax wrote:For the Brain exercise.  Laughing Laughing Laughing


Thank you WW, well played again tonight.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13223
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:52
@mache wrote:Did you know that there are no native Tasmanians

I didn't know that mache
avatar
mache
Posts : 14985
Join date : 2013-12-04
Age : 43
Location : Sodbury in Makerfield

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 20:54
The white man killed them all Sad
avatar
Gassey
Posts : 1549
Join date : 2016-10-18
Age : 65
Location : Pemberton

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 21:06
Some good uns tonight Ray
As ever thanks for doing this quiz
its very much appreciated
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13223
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 21:08
@Gassey wrote:Some good uns tonight Ray
As ever thanks for doing this quiz
its very much appreciated

Thank you Gassey, very well played tonight.
avatar
Lima Lima
Posts : 1370
Join date : 2014-01-25
Age : 44

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 23:08
Thank you Ray

My favourite time of the week
avatar
Corky Ringspot
Posts : 51695
Join date : 2013-12-04
Location : Up a nick in Russia

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Fri May 25 2018, 23:48
[

1)  Which group had a 1978 double ‘A’ side hit with Bicycle Race / Fat Bottomed Girls? ?????

2)  Geography, in which European city would you find The Parthenon? Athens

3)  TV, Arthur Negus was a television expert in which field? Antiques

4)  Film, which pop singer featured as the alien Thomas Jerome Newton in the 1976 film ‘The Man Who Fell To Earth’? D Bowie.

5)  In cockney rhyming slang, what does ‘whistle and flute’ refer to? A suit

6)  Food and drink, from what type of flower is Saffron obtained? Crocus

7)  Science, in computing terms, what does ROM stand for? Read Only Memory

8 )  What European car  maker produces the crossover MPV ‘Captur’ model? Seat

9)  Sport, which newly promoted side to the Championship play their home matches at Ewood Park? Blackburn

10)   History, what was the name of the Buckinghamshire site which housed personnel from the Government Code and Cypher School during World War II? Bletchley Park

11)  With a song from the musical 'Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat', who had a 1991 hit with ' Any dream will do'? Jason Donovan

12)  How would you express this year of 2018 in Roman numerals? MMXVIII

13)  Literature, which scientist published ‘On the Origin of Species’, subtitled ‘By Means of Natural Selection’in 1859? C Darwin

14)  The Christian celebration Mardi Gras translates from the French as what? Shrove Tues

15)  Film, with which world famous Hollywood actress does one associate the words "I want to be alone”? Greta Garbo

16)  TV, which sitcom actor and comedian fell off a treadmill in Peter Kay's 2005 version of ‘Amarillo’ for Comic Relief?   Tony Christie

17)  Which Ska band had a 1982 hit with ‘Our House’? Madness

18)  Science, Phobos and Deimos are moons of which planet in our solar system? Mars

19)  Classical music, who composed the 1725 musical work ‘The Four Seasons’? Vivaldi

20)  History, ‘The Yorkshire Ripper’ was the nickname of which British serial killer? Peter Sutcliffe

21)  Food and drink, what type of fortified wine is made from white grapes that are grown near the town of Jerez de la Frontera in Andalusia, Spain? Red Biddy

22)  Geography, The Hague is the seat of the government of which country? Brussels

23)  Literature, first published in 1911, for which book is J. M. Barrie best known? Winnie The Pooh

24)  Which Apollo 11 astronaut did not set foot on the moon? Allen

25)    ♪♫As I write this letter
             Send my love to you
             Remember that I'll always
             Be in love with you♪♫

From what Beatles song are those the opening lines? ???????


TV DETECTIVES BONUS QUESTIONS

From the information in the question, name the fictional TV Detectives.

BQ1)  Portrayed by Peter Falk from 1971 to 2003, which US Detective famously always wore a raincoat? Columbo

BQ2)  Starring Tom Selleck and running from 1980 to 1988, which PI lived in Hawaii? Magnum

BQ3)  Created by Ruth Rendell and running from 1987 to 2000, starring George Baker, the action takes place in the Sussex market town of Kingsmarkham. Wexford

BQ4)  Running from 2007 to 2017, and set in the North East of England during the period 1964 to 1970, this Inspector was played by Martin Shaw. George Gently

BQ5)  This Oxford Detective Inspector likes classical music, crosswords and real ale, and has a sidekick called Robbie. Morse

STINKER)  On which river does the city of Lincoln stand?       Stour

TRICKY)  History, when Abel Tasman discovered Tasmania in 1642, what did he call it? "a bit of a shithole"
avatar
Corky Ringspot
Posts : 51695
Join date : 2013-12-04
Location : Up a nick in Russia

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

on Sat May 26 2018, 00:18
Thanks again for your hard work, Ray.
Sponsored content

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 25-5-18

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum