Go down
raymyjamie

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 17-8-18

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:00
A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
Come on down to the Reject’s Bar.
We’re back to normal this week.
Come and get settled with your favourite drink.
Hope you enjoy the quiz.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz   17-8-18

1)  Which group had a 1965 hit with ‘Keep on Running’?

2)  Geography, in which country of the UK would you find the ‘Giant's Causeway’?

3)  TV, which long running British sitcom had a character called Nora Batty?

4)  Film, who played detective Virgil Tibbs in the 1967 film ‘In the Heat of the Night’?

5)  In 2006, Kirsty Young replaced Sue Lawley as host of which long running BBC4 radio program?

6)  Food and drink, which herb is used to flavour the drink Pernod?

7)  Science, Au is the chemical symbol of which element?

8 )  What English car manufacturer produced the ‘Scimitar’ model from 1964 to 1986?  

9)  Sport, which English League Two football club play their home games at Boundary Park?  

10)  History, which European country did Vietnam gain independence from in 1954?

11)  'People Will Say We're In Love' is a show tune from which 1943 Rogers and Hammerstein film musical?  

12)  Made famous by a Don McClean song, ‘The Starry Night’ is a famous painting by which Dutch impressionist,

13)  Literature, which American author wrote the 2000 bestselling mystery-thriller novel ‘Angels and Demons’?  

14)  Geometry, what is the longest side of a right angle triangle called?

15)  Film, which 1990 film starring Kevin Costner, is about Lieutenant John J Dunbar, who travels to  the American frontier to find a military post, and of his dealings with a group of Lakota Indians.  

16)  TV, which role did the actor Bernard Youens play in ' Coronation Street '?

17)  Who had a 1987 hit with a cover version of the Elvis Presley song ‘Always on My Mind’?

18)  Science, what is the medical name for the windpipe?

19)  Classical music, who composed the tone poem "Danse Macabre", used as the opening music to TV’s "Jonathan Creek"?  

20)  History, who was known as the ‘Maid of Orleans’?   

21)  Food and drink, what type of fish is smoked to make a kipper?

22)  Geography, which 2 main London railway stations have the word ‘Cross’ in their names?

23)  Literature, in the classic 1813 Jane Austen novel ‘Pride and Predudice’, what is the family surname of sisters Elizabeth, Jane, Mary, Catherine and Lydia?

24)  Which member of the Crow family (Latin name Pica Pica), is often referred to as being thieving, and is thought by some people to bring bad luck?

25)  ♪♫ Please lock me away
            And don't allow the day
            Here inside, where I hide with my loneliness
            I don't care what they say, I won't stay
            In a  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ♪♫

What is the above song, and who sang it?  

US PRESIDENTS  BONUS QUESTIONS  

BQ1)  Who was the first US President?

BQ2)  Which US President famously did experiments with electricity and lightning?

BQ3)  When American President Bill Clinton stated '‘I did not have sexual relations with that woman', who was he referring to?

BQ4)  Which US President was born in Honolulu, Hawaii in August 1961?

BQ5)  What is the name of the mountain in the US State of South Dakota where the heads of four US Presidents are carved.

STINKER)  How was the singer actor Terence Nelhams-Wright better known?

TRICKY)  The ‘Naked Gun’ series of films starring Leslie Nielsen as Detective Frank Drebin were developed from which TV comedy series?
marieM

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 17-8-18

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:15
2. Ireland
3. Last of the Summer Wine
6. Aniseed
8. Vauxhall
9. Oldham
10. France
15. Sleeping with Wolves
18. Trachea
20. Joan of Arc
21. Herring
22. Charring Cross
24. Raven
25. World without Love

BBq 1 George Washington
3, Natasha Kaplinski
4. Obama
5. Mount Rushmore
Gassey

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:19
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
Hope you enjoy the quiz.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Which group had a 1965 hit with ‘Keep on Running’?SPENCER DAVIES

2)  Geography, in which country of the UK would you find the ‘Giant's Causeway’? IRELAND

3)  TV, which long running British sitcom had a character called Nora Batty? LAST OF THE SUMMER WINE

4)  Film, who played detective Virgil Tibbs in the 1967 film ‘In the Heat of the Night’? MICHAEL CAINE

5)  In 2006, Kirsty Young replaced Sue Lawley as host of which long running BBC4 radio program? DESERT ISLAND DISCS

7)  Science, Au is the chemical symbol of which element? SILVER

8 )  What English car manufacturer produced the ‘Scimitar’ model from 1964 to 1986?  RELIANT

9)  Sport, which English League Two football club play their home games at Boundary Park?  OLDHAM ATHLETIC

10)  History, which European country did Vietnam gain independence from in 1954?

11)  'People Will Say We're In Love' is a show tune from which 1943 Rogers and Hammerstein film musical?  

12)  Made famous by a Don McClean song, ‘The Starry Night’ is a famous painting by which Dutch impressionist, VINCENT VAN GOGH

13)  Literature, which American author wrote the 2000 bestselling mystery-thriller novel ‘Angels and Demons’?  

HYPOTENUSE

15)  Film, which 1990 film starring Kevin Costner, is about Lieutenant John J Dunbar, who travels to  the American frontier to find a military post, and of his dealings with a group of Lakota Indians.   DANCES WITH WOLVES

16)  TV, which role did the actor Bernard Youens play in ' Coronation Street '? STANLEY OGDEN

17)  Who had a 1987 hit with a cover version of the Elvis Presley song ‘Always on My Mind’? PET SHOP BOYS

18)  Science, what is the medical name for the windpipe? TRACHEA

19)  Classical music, who composed the tone poem "Danse Macabre", used as the opening music to TV’s "Jonathan Creek"?  MOZART

20)  History, who was known as the ‘Maid of Orleans’? JOAN OF ARC
Joan of Arc    

21)  Food and drink, what type of fish is smoked to make a kipper? MACKEREL

22)  Geography, which 2 main London railway stations have the word ‘Cross’ in their names? KINGS CROSS , CHARING CROSS

23)  Literature, in the classic 1813 Jane Austen novel ‘Pride and Predudice’, what is the family surname of sisters Elizabeth, Jane, Mary, Catherine and Lydia? BENNETT

24)  Which member of the Crow family (Latin name Pica Pica), is often referred to as being thieving, and is thought by some people to bring bad luck? MAGPIE

And don't allow the day
WORLD WITHOUT LOVE. PETER AND GORDON

BQ1)  Who was the first US President? GEORGE WASHINGTON

BQ2)  Which US President famously did experiments with electricity and lightning? BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

BQ3)  When American President Bill Clinton stated '‘I did not have sexual relations with that woman', who was he referring to? MONICA LEWINSKY

BQ4)  Which US President was born in Honolulu, Hawaii in August 1961? BARAK OBAMA

BQ5)  What is the name of the mountain in the US State of South Dakota where the heads of four US Presidents are carved. RUSHMORE

TRICKY)  The ‘Naked Gun’ series of films starring Leslie Nielsen as Detective Frank Drebin were developed from which TV comedy series?  
maureen

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:23
1 Spencer Davies
2 Ireland
3 Last of the Summer wine
5 Crimewatch
6 Anise
7 Gold
12 Vincent Van Gogh
15 Dances with Wolves
16 Stan Ogden
17 Willie Nelson
18 Trachea
19 Saint Sean's
20Joan of arc
21 Mackerel
22 New cross..Kings Cross
24 Magpie
25 Peter and Gordon..World without love

Bq1 George Washington
3 Monice Lewinsky
5 Mount Rushmore
Stinker..Adam Faith
jo anne

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:23
Evening, Ray Smile

1)  
2)  Northern Ireland
3)  last of the summer wine
4)  
5)  Desert island discs
6)  aniseed
7)  gold
8 )  rolls Royce
9)  Leeds
10)  France
11)  
12)  Vincent vin gogh
13)  dan brown
14)  hypotenuse
15)  dances with wolves
16)  Eddie Yates
17)  pet shop boys
18)  trachea
19)  
20)  Joan of arc
21)  herring
22)  Charing ‘Cross’
23)  Bennett
24)  magpie
25)  

BQ1)  Washington
BQ2)  
BQ3)  Monica lewdinsky
BQ4)  Obama’
BQ5) Rushmore

Stinker) Donovan
Corky Ringspot

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:24

2)  Geography, in which country of the UK would you find the ‘Giant's Causeway’? N Ireland

3)  TV, which long running British sitcom had a character called Nora Batty? LOTSW

4)  Film, who played detective Virgil Tibbs in the 1967 film ‘In the Heat of the Night’? Sidney Poittier

5)  In 2006, Kirsty Young replaced Sue Lawley as host of which long running BBC4 radio program? D I Discs

6)  Food and drink, which herb is used to flavour the drink Pernod? Aniseed

7)  Science, Au is the chemical symbol of which element? Gold

8 )  What English car manufacturer produced the ‘Scimitar’ model from 1964 to 1986?  Reliant

9)  Sport, which English League Two football club play their home games at Boundary Park?   ???

10)  History, which European country did Vietnam gain independence from in 1954? France

11)  'People Will Say We're In Love' is a show tune from which 1943 Rogers and Hammerstein film musical?  ???

12)  Made famous by a Don McClean song, ‘The Starry Night’ is a famous painting by which Dutch impressionist, Michael

13)  Literature, which American author wrote the 2000 bestselling mystery-thriller novel ‘Angels and Demons’?   ???

14)  Geometry, what is the longest side of a right angle triangle called? Hypotenuse

15)  Film, which 1990 film starring Kevin Costner, is about Lieutenant John J Dunbar, who travels to  the American frontier to find a military post, and of his dealings with a group of Lakota Indians.   Dances With Wolves

16)  TV, which role did the actor Bernard Youens play in ' Coronation Street '? Stan Ogden

17)  Who had a 1987 hit with a cover version of the Elvis Presley song ‘Always on My Mind’? ???

18)  Science, what is the medical name for the windpipe? Trachea

19)  Classical music, who composed the tone poem "Danse Macabre", used as the opening music to TV’s "Jonathan Creek"?  ??????

20)  History, who was known as the ‘Maid of Orleans’?   Joan Of Arc

21)  Food and drink, what type of fish is smoked to make a kipper? Herring

22)  Geography, which 2 main London railway stations have the word ‘Cross’ in their names? Kings & Charring

23)  Literature, in the classic 1813 Jane Austen novel ‘Pride and Predudice’, what is the family surname of sisters Elizabeth, Jane, Mary, Catherine and Lydia? ????

24)  Which member of the Crow family (Latin name Pica Pica), is often referred to as being thieving, and is thought by some people to bring bad luck? Magpie

And don't allow the day

What is the above song, and who sang it?   I don't care what they say about love by ?

BQ1)  Who was the first US President? George Washington

BQ2)  Which US President famously did experiments with electricity and lightning? Benjamin Franklyn

BQ3)  When American President Bill Clinton stated '‘I did not have sexual relations with that woman', who was he referring to?

BQ4)  Which US President was born in Honolulu, Hawaii in August 1961? B Obamah

BQ5)  What is the name of the mountain in the US State of South Dakota where the heads of four US Presidents are carved. Mt Rushmore

STINKER)  How was the singer actor Terence Nelhams-Wright better known? Danny Kaye

TRICKY)  The ‘Naked Gun’ series of films starring Leslie Nielsen as Detective Frank Drebin were developed from which TV comedy series? Police Squad
raymyjamie

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:25
@marieM wrote:2. Ireland
3. Last of the Summer Wine
6. Aniseed
8. Vauxhall
9. Oldham
10. France
15. Sleeping Dances with Wolves
18. Trachea
20. Joan of Arc
21. Herring
22. Charring Cross
24. Raven
25. World without Love

BBq 1  George Washington
       3, Natasha Kaplinski
       4. Obama
       5. Mount Rushmore

Evening Marie.

A very impressive 14 correct, well done.
raymyjamie

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:27
@Gassey wrote:
Hope you enjoy the quiz.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Which group had a 1965 hit with ‘Keep on Running’?SPENCER DAVIES

2)  Geography, in which country of the UK would you find the ‘Giant's Causeway’?  IRELAND

3)  TV, which long running British sitcom had a character called Nora Batty?  LAST OF THE SUMMER WINE

4)  Film, who played detective Virgil Tibbs in the 1967 film ‘In the Heat of the Night’?  MICHAEL CAINE

5)  In 2006, Kirsty Young replaced Sue Lawley as host of which long running BBC4 radio program?   DESERT ISLAND DISCS

7)  Science, Au is the chemical symbol of which element?  SILVER

8 )  What English car manufacturer produced the ‘Scimitar’ model from 1964 to 1986?  RELIANT

9)  Sport, which English League Two football club play their home games at Boundary Park?  OLDHAM ATHLETIC

12)  Made famous by a Don McClean song, ‘The Starry Night’ is a famous painting by which Dutch impressionist,  VINCENT VAN GOGH

HYPOTENUSE

15)  Film, which 1990 film starring Kevin Costner, is about Lieutenant John J Dunbar, who travels to  the American frontier to find a military post, and of his dealings with a group of Lakota Indians.   DANCES WITH WOLVES

16)  TV, which role did the actor Bernard Youens play in ' Coronation Street '?  STANLEY OGDEN

17)  Who had a 1987 hit with a cover version of the Elvis Presley song ‘Always on My Mind’?  PET SHOP BOYS

18)  Science, what is the medical name for the windpipe?  TRACHEA

19)  Classical music, who composed the tone poem "Danse Macabre", used as the opening music to TV’s "Jonathan Creek"?  MOZART

20)  History, who was known as the ‘Maid of Orleans’?  JOAN OF ARC
Joan of Arc    

21)  Food and drink, what type of fish is smoked to make a kipper? MACKEREL

22)  Geography, which 2 main London railway stations have the word ‘Cross’ in their names?  KINGS CROSS ,   CHARING CROSS

23)  Literature, in the classic 1813 Jane Austen novel ‘Pride and Predudice’, what is the family surname of sisters Elizabeth, Jane, Mary, Catherine and Lydia?  BENNETT

24)  Which member of the Crow family (Latin name Pica Pica), is often referred to as being thieving, and is thought by some people to bring bad luck?  MAGPIE

And don't allow the day
WORLD WITHOUT LOVE.  PETER AND GORDON

BQ1)  Who was the first US President?  GEORGE WASHINGTON

BQ2)  Which US President famously did experiments with electricity and lightning?   BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

BQ3)  When American President Bill Clinton stated '‘I did not have sexual relations with that woman', who was he referring to?  MONICA LEWINSKY

BQ4)  Which US President was born in Honolulu, Hawaii in August 1961?  BARAK OBAMA

BQ5)  What is the name of the mountain in the US State of South Dakota where the heads of four US Presidents are carved.  RUSHMORE

Evening Gassey.

A most excellent 22 correct, well done.
raymyjamie

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:29
@maureen wrote:1 Spencer Davies
2 Ireland
3 Last of the Summer wine
5 Crimewatch
6 Anise
7 Gold
12 Vincent Van Gogh
15 Dances with Wolves
16 Stan Ogden
17 Willie Nelson
18 Trachea
19 Saint Sean's
20Joan of arc
21 Mackerel
22 New cross..Kings Cross
24 Magpie
25 Peter and Gordon..World without love

Bq1 George Washington
    3 Monice Lewinsky
    5 Mount Rushmore
Stinker..Adam Faith

Evening Mo.

A really super 16 and a half correct, well done you.

EDIT - I did a recount Mo and you got 17 and a half, many apologies.

Last edited by raymyjamie on Sat Aug 18 2018, 09:56; edited 1 time in total
raymyjamie

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:31
@jo anne wrote:Evening, Ray Smile

1)  
2)  Northern Ireland
3)  last of the summer wine
4)  
5)  Desert island discs
6)  aniseed
7)  gold
8 )  rolls Royce
9)  Leeds
10)  France
11)  
12)  Vincent vin gogh
13)  dan brown
14)  hypotenuse
15)  dances with wolves
16)  Eddie Yates
17)  pet shop boys
18)  trachea
19)  
20)  Joan of arc
21)  herring
22)  Charing ‘Cross’
23)  Bennett
24)  magpie
25)  

BQ1)  Washington
BQ2)  
BQ3)  Monica lewdinsky
BQ4)  Obama’
BQ5) Rushmore

Stinker) Donovan

Evening Jo Anne.

A very impressive 20 and a half correct, well done.
Lima Lima

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:32
Hope you enjoy the quiz.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

2)  Geography, in which country of the UK would you find the ‘Giant's Causeway’? Ireland

3)  TV, which long running British sitcom had a character called Nora Batty? Last of the summer wine

4)  Film, who played detective Virgil Tibbs in the 1967 film ‘In the Heat of the Night’?

5)  In 2006, Kirsty Young replaced Sue Lawley as host of which long running BBC4 radio program? Desert island discs

7)  Science, Au is the chemical symbol of which element? Gold?

8 )  What English car manufacturer produced the ‘Scimitar’ model from 1964 to 1986?  Vauxhall?

9)  Sport, which English League Two football club play their home games at Boundary Park?  Oldham athletic

10)  History, which European country did Vietnam gain independence from in 1954? Russia?

11)  'People Will Say We're In Love' is a show tune from which 1943 Rogers and Hammerstein film musical?  South Pacific?

12)  Made famous by a Don McClean song, ‘The Starry Night’ is a famous painting by which Dutch impressionist, picasso?

13)  Literature, which American author wrote the 2000 bestselling mystery-thriller novel ‘Angels and Demons’?   Dan brown

14)  Geometry, what is the longest side of a right angle triangle called? Hypotenuse

15)  Film, which 1990 film starring Kevin Costner, is about Lieutenant John J Dunbar, who travels to  the American frontier to find a military post, and of his dealings with a group of Lakota Indians.   Dancing with wolves

16)  TV, which role did the actor Bernard Youens play in ' Coronation Street '? Len fairclough

17)  Who had a 1987 hit with a cover version of the Elvis Presley song ‘Always on My Mind’? Pet shop boys

19)  Classical music, who composed the tone poem "Danse Macabre", used as the opening music to TV’s "Jonathan Creek"?  No idea

20)  History, who was known as the ‘Maid of Orleans’?   Joan of arc

21)  Food and drink, what type of fish is smoked to make a kipper? Mackerel?

22)  Geography, which 2 main London railway stations have the word ‘Cross’ in their names? Kings cross and charring cross

23)  Literature, in the classic 1813 Jane Austen novel ‘Pride and Predudice’, what is the family surname of sisters Elizabeth, Jane, Mary, Catherine and Lydia? Bennett

24)  Which member of the Crow family (Latin name Pica Pica), is often referred to as being thieving, and is thought by some people to bring bad luck? Magpie

And don't allow the day

BQ2)  Which US President famously did experiments with electricity and lightning? Thomas Edison

BQ3)  When American President Bill Clinton stated '‘I did not have sexual relations with that woman', who was he referring to? Monica lewinsky

BQ4)  Which US President was born in Honolulu, Hawaii in August 1961? Barack Obama

BQ5)  What is the name of the mountain in the US State of South Dakota where the heads of four US Presidents are carved. Mount Rushmore

TRICKY)  The ‘Naked Gun’ series of films starring Leslie Nielsen as Detective Frank Drebin were developed from which TV comedy series? Police squad

Well we’ve had an absolute stinker tonight! Those questions were horrendous. Very Happy
raymyjamie

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:33
@Corky Ringspot wrote:

2)  Geography, in which country of the UK would you find the ‘Giant's Causeway’?  N Ireland

3)  TV, which long running British sitcom had a character called Nora Batty?   LOTSW

4)  Film, who played detective Virgil Tibbs in the 1967 film ‘In the Heat of the Night’?  Sidney Poittier

5)  In 2006, Kirsty Young replaced Sue Lawley as host of which long running BBC4 radio program?  D I Discs

6)  Food and drink, which herb is used to flavour the drink Pernod?   Aniseed

7)  Science, Au is the chemical symbol of which element?  Gold

8 )  What English car manufacturer produced the ‘Scimitar’ model from 1964 to 1986?  Reliant

9)  Sport, which English League Two football club play their home games at Boundary Park?   ???

10)  History, which European country did Vietnam gain independence from in 1954?  France

11)  'People Will Say We're In Love' is a show tune from which 1943 Rogers and Hammerstein film musical?  ???

12)  Made famous by a Don McClean song, ‘The Starry Night’ is a famous painting by which Dutch impressionist,  Michael

13)  Literature, which American author wrote the 2000 bestselling mystery-thriller novel ‘Angels and Demons’?   ???

14)  Geometry, what is the longest side of a right angle triangle called?  Hypotenuse

15)  Film, which 1990 film starring Kevin Costner, is about Lieutenant John J Dunbar, who travels to  the American frontier to find a military post, and of his dealings with a group of Lakota Indians.   Dances With Wolves

16)  TV, which role did the actor Bernard Youens play in ' Coronation Street '?  Stan Ogden

17)  Who had a 1987 hit with a cover version of the Elvis Presley song ‘Always on My Mind’? ???

18)  Science, what is the medical name for the windpipe?  Trachea

19)  Classical music, who composed the tone poem "Danse Macabre", used as the opening music to TV’s "Jonathan Creek"?  ??????

20)  History, who was known as the ‘Maid of Orleans’?   Joan Of Arc

21)  Food and drink, what type of fish is smoked to make a kipper?   Herring

22)  Geography, which 2 main London railway stations have the word ‘Cross’ in their names?  Kings & Charring

23)  Literature, in the classic 1813 Jane Austen novel ‘Pride and Predudice’, what is the family surname of sisters Elizabeth, Jane, Mary, Catherine and Lydia?  ????

24)  Which member of the Crow family (Latin name Pica Pica), is often referred to as being thieving, and is thought by some people to bring bad luck?   Magpie

And don't allow the day

What is the above song, and who sang it?     I don't care what they say about love by ?

BQ1)  Who was the first US President?  George Washington

BQ2)  Which US President famously did experiments with electricity and lightning?  Benjamin Franklyn

BQ4)  Which US President was born in Honolulu, Hawaii in August 1961?    B Obamah

BQ5)  What is the name of the mountain in the US State of South Dakota where the heads of four US Presidents are carved.   Mt Rushmore

STINKER)  How was the singer actor Terence Nelhams-Wright better known?   Danny Kaye

TRICKY)  The ‘Naked Gun’ series of films starring Leslie Nielsen as Detective Frank Drebin were developed from which TV comedy series?    Police Squad

Evening Corky.

A most excellent 21 correct, well done.
jo anne

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:36
Thanks, Ray Smile
raymyjamie

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:37
@Lima Lima wrote:
Hope you enjoy the quiz.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

2)  Geography, in which country of the UK would you find the ‘Giant's Causeway’? Ireland

3)  TV, which long running British sitcom had a character called Nora Batty? Last of the summer wine

5)  In 2006, Kirsty Young replaced Sue Lawley as host of which long running BBC4 radio program? Desert island discs

7)  Science, Au is the chemical symbol of which element? Gold?

8 )  What English car manufacturer produced the ‘Scimitar’ model from 1964 to 1986?  Vauxhall?

9)  Sport, which English League Two football club play their home games at Boundary Park?  Oldham athletic

10)  History, which European country did Vietnam gain independence from in 1954? Russia?

11)  'People Will Say We're In Love' is a show tune from which 1943 Rogers and Hammerstein film musical?  South Pacific?

12)  Made famous by a Don McClean song, ‘The Starry Night’ is a famous painting by which Dutch impressionist, picasso?

13)  Literature, which American author wrote the 2000 bestselling mystery-thriller novel ‘Angels and Demons’?   Dan brown

15)  Film, which 1990 film starring Kevin Costner, is about Lieutenant John J Dunbar, who travels to  the American frontier to find a military post, and of his dealings with a group of Lakota Indians.   Dancing with wolves

16)  TV, which role did the actor Bernard Youens play in ' Coronation Street '? Len fairclough

17)  Who had a 1987 hit with a cover version of the Elvis Presley song ‘Always on My Mind’? Pet shop boys

19)  Classical music, who composed the tone poem "Danse Macabre", used as the opening music to TV’s "Jonathan Creek"?  No idea

20)  History, who was known as the ‘Maid of Orleans’?   Joan of arc

21)  Food and drink, what type of fish is smoked to make a kipper? Mackerel?

22)  Geography, which 2 main London railway stations have the word ‘Cross’ in their names? Kings cross and charring cross

23)  Literature, in the classic 1813 Jane Austen novel ‘Pride and Predudice’, what is the family surname of sisters Elizabeth, Jane, Mary, Catherine and Lydia? Bennett

And don't allow the day

BQ2)  Which US President famously did experiments with electricity and lightning? Thomas Edison

BQ3)  When American President Bill Clinton stated '‘I did not have sexual relations with that woman', who was he referring to? Monica lewinsky

BQ4)  Which US President was born in Honolulu, Hawaii in August 1961? Barack Obama

BQ5)  What is the name of the mountain in the US State of South Dakota where the heads of four US Presidents are carved. Mount Rushmore

TRICKY)  The ‘Naked Gun’ series of films starring Leslie Nielsen as Detective Frank Drebin were developed from which TV comedy series? Police squad

Well we’ve had an absolute stinker tonight! Those questions were horrendous. Very Happy

Evening LL.

LOL  Laughing  you crack me up!!!!!

The questions were so horrendous that you got a very impressive 20 correct, well done.

Last edited by raymyjamie on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:39; edited 1 time in total
raymyjamie

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:39
@jo anne wrote:Thanks, Ray Smile

You're very welcome Jo Anne, well played tonight.
weatherwax

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:41
1. Spencer Davis Group
2. Northern Ireland
3. Last of The Summer Wine
4. Sidney Poitier
6. Anise
7. Gold
8. Reliant
10. France
11. Oklahoma
12. Vincent Van Gogh
13. Dan Brown
14. The Hypotanuse
15. Dances with Wolves
16. Stan Ogden
18. Trachea
19. Saint Saens
20. Joan of Arc
21. Herring
22. Kings Cross and Charing Cross
23. The Bennets
24. Magpie
25. World Without Love by Del Shannon 1964, Peter and Gorden and at least three others. (Not Sure which you wanted Laughing )

Bonus Questions.
1. George Washington
2. Benjamin Franklin ?????
3. Monica Lewensky
4. Barack Obama
5. Mount Rushmore

Stinker:= Adam Faith
Tricky:= ????
maureen

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:45
Thanks again Ray,glad you got your new lappy sorted. cheers
raymyjamie

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:47
@weatherwax wrote:1. Spencer Davis Group
2. Northern Ireland
3. Last of The Summer Wine
4. Sidney Poitier
6. Anise
7. Gold
8. Reliant
10. France
11. Oklahoma
12. Vincent Van Gogh
13. Dan Brown
14. The Hypotanuse
15. Dances with Wolves
16. Stan Ogden
18. Trachea
19. Saint Saens
20. Joan of Arc
21. Herring
22. Kings Cross and Charing Cross
23. The Bennets
24. Magpie
25. World Without Love   by   Del Shannon 1964,  Peter and Gorden and at least three others.  (Not Sure which you wanted Laughing )

Bonus Questions.
1. George Washington
2. Benjamin Franklin  ?????
3. Monica Lewensky
4. Barack Obama
5. Mount Rushmore

Stinker:= Adam Faith
Tricky:=  ????

Evening WW.

A really super dooper score of 28 correct.

You even got the car question.

The 'World without Love' answer was Peter and Gordon, because they had the chart hit with it.

A Lennon McCartney song if memory serves.

Anyroad, very well done.
raymyjamie

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 20:50
@maureen wrote:Thanks again Ray,glad you got your new lappy sorted. cheers

Thank you very much Mo, very well played tonight.

Yes, I've had a very stressful 24 hours, thankfully we're up and running now.
Gassey

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 21:05
Evening Ray another big thank you for
another grand quiz keep um coming
raymyjamie

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 21:08
@Gassey wrote:Evening Ray  another big thank you for
another grand quiz keep um coming

Thanks Gassey, you're very kind.

Very well played tonight.
weatherwax

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 21:28
Thanks for another cracker RMJ, Glad you are trouble free on line.

Lima Lima

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 21:28
I’d have had a couple more if I’d trusted my gut and not listened to the other half!
raymyjamie

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 21:37
@weatherwax wrote:Thanks for another cracker RMJ,  Glad you are trouble free on line.  

Thank you WW, another brilliant round from you.

Yes, we've had the most horrendous, frustrating maddening time trying to get my new laptop to log on.

We think it was because it was from factory stock as opposed to 'special build', and the software was maybe many

updates behind.

Thankfully it sorted itself out and we are OK now.
raymyjamie

on Fri Aug 17 2018, 21:40
@Lima Lima wrote:I’d have had a couple more if I’d trusted my gut and not listened to the other half!

LOL Laughing

Yes.that's always a problem when two of you are doing it isn't it?

Very well played tonight.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum