Go down
Admin
Admin

Admins Tues Quiz

on Tue Aug 28 2018, 20:00
1. The Blue Meanies were the enemy of the Beatles in which film.
2. What song is most commonly sung to celebrate someone getting a year older?
3. Who composed the songs 'Puttin on the ritz', 'I've got my love to keep me warm' and 'White Christmas?
4. What is the name of the Dutch footballer who transferred from Arsenal to Man Utd in Aug 2012 for £23 million?
5. How many sides does an icosagon have?
6. Which large animal is the only creature thought to produce its own sun tan lotion from its natural secretions?
7. In a musical about gangsters, who are with the guys in the title?
8. Which Greek author was famous for his fables?
9. Which 1988 western saw Emilio Estevez play 'Billy The Kid' alongside Charlie Sheen and Kiefer Sutherland?
10. Which Russian punk band were jailed for two years in Aug 2012 for their anti-Putin protest and inciting hooliganism in an orthodox church?
11. Which historical region of Greece includes the capital, Athens?
12. Glenridding and Pooley Bridge stand at opposite ends of which lake, the 2nd largest in the Lake District?
13. Where in London is there a bronze statue of Charlie Chaplin?
14. What is the name of the actress who played Hilda Ogden in Coronation Street?
15. Who is reported to have played his fiddle while Rome burned?
16. What is the surname of the inventoe of the worlds first motorcycle?
17. Which song from 'Joseph and his technicolour dreamcoat' gave Jason Donovan a No 1 UK hit in 1991?
18. Which TV show from the '70s and 80's featured Michael Langdon as Charles Ingalls living on a farm with his wife and 4 daughters?
19. In which country did Posh and Becks marry?
20. Which fantasy kingdom was found at the back of the wardrobe and featured Aslan and a white witch?
Gassey

Re: Admins Tues Quiz

on Tue Aug 28 2018, 20:17
@Admin wrote:1. The Blue Meanies were the enemy of the Beatles in which film.  YELLOW SUBMARINE
2. What song is most commonly sung to celebrate someone getting a year older?   HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
3. Who composed the songs 'Puttin on the ritz', 'I've got my love to keep me warm' and 'White Christmas? IRVING BERLIN
4. What is the name of the Dutch footballer who transferred from Arsenal to Man Utd in Aug 2012 for £23 million?ROBIN VAN PERSIE
5. How many sides does an icosagon have?  THREE
6. Which large animal is the only creature thought to produce its own sun tan lotion from its natural secretions?RHINOCEROS

7. In a musical about gangsters, who are with the guys in the title?
8. Which Greek author was famous for his fables?  AESOP
9. Which 1988 western saw Emilio Estevez play 'Billy The Kid' alongside Charlie Sheen and Kiefer Sutherland?  WYATT EARP
10. Which Russian punk band were jailed for two years in Aug 2012 for their anti-Putin protest and inciting hooliganism in an orthodox church?
11. Which historical region of Greece includes the capital, Athens?
12. Glenridding and Pooley Bridge stand at opposite ends of which lake, the 2nd largest in the Lake District?  ULLSWATER
13. Where in London is there a bronze statue of Charlie Chaplin?
14. What is the name of the actress who played Hilda Ogden in Coronation Street?  JEAN ALEXANDER silent
15. Who is reported to have played his fiddle while Rome burned?  NERO
16. What is the surname of the inventoe of the worlds first motorcycle?
17. Which song from 'Joseph and his technicolour dreamcoat' gave Jason Donovan a No 1 UK hit in 1991?ANY DREAM WILL DO
18. Which TV show from the '70s and 80's featured Michael Langdon as Charles Ingalls living on a farm with his wife and 4 daughters?LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE
19. In which country did Posh and Becks marry?  SCOTLAND
20. Which fantasy kingdom was found at the back of the wardrobe and featured Aslan and a white witch?
 NARNIA

12 correct Gassey well done
raymyjamie

on Tue Aug 28 2018, 20:19
1.  Yellow Submarine
2.  Happy Birthday To You
3.  Irving Berlin
4.   David de Gea?
5.   Twenty
6.  Hippopotamus
7.  Dolls
8.  Aesop
9.  ?
10. ?
11. ?
12.  Ullswater
13.  TrafalgarSquare?
14.  Jean Alexander
15.  Nero
16.  ?
17.  Any Dream Will Do
18.  ?
19.  Ireland
20.  Narnia

13 correct RMJ
Corky Ringspot

on Tue Aug 28 2018, 20:23
1. The Blue Meanies were the enemy of the Beatles in which film.  Help

2. What song is most commonly sung to celebrate someone getting a year older?  Happy Birthday

3. Who composed the songs 'Puttin on the ritz', 'I've got my love to keep me warm' and 'White Christmas?  Gershwin

5. How many sides does an icosagon have?  Eleven

6. Which large animal is the only creature thought to produce its own sun tan lotion from its natural secretions?  Hippo

8. Which Greek author was famous for his fables?  Aesop

12. Glenridding and Pooley Bridge stand at opposite ends of which lake, the 2nd largest in the Lake District?  Wastwater

13. Where in London is there a bronze statue of Charlie Chaplin?  Hyde Park

14. What is the name of the actress who played Hilda Ogden in Coronation Street? Jean Alexander

15. Who is reported to have played his fiddle while Rome burned?  Nero

17. Which song from 'Joseph and his technicolour dreamcoat' gave Jason Donovan a No 1 UK hit in 1991?
Any dream will do

18. Which TV show from the '70s and 80's featured Michael Langdon as Charles Ingalls living on a farm with his wife and 4 daughters?  Little house on the prarie

19. In which country did Posh and Becks marry? Australia

20. Which fantasy kingdom was found at the back of the wardrobe and featured Aslan and a white witch? Narnia

Thanks, Mrs A

Too much slutch ir not enough 8 correct Very Happy
raymyjamie

on Tue Aug 28 2018, 21:40
Crackin' quiz Mrs A, thank you
weatherwax

on Tue Aug 28 2018, 23:20
1. Yellow Submarine
2. Happy Birthday
3. Irving Berlin
5. 20
6. Sheep???
7.Dolls
8. Aesop
9. Young Guns
11 Sparta
12. Ullswater  ( I would never be forgiven if I didn't get this one right!!!)
13. Leicester Square
14. Jean Alexander.... ( Again, I would never be forgiven, in my new home if I didn't know this )
15. Nero
16. Daimler???
17. Any Dream Will Do
18. Little house on the prairie
19. Ireland
20. Narnia

Sorry I am so late Admin.  This time I HAVE been eating and drinking. Motormouse is back at work on Thursday so we have been making the most of the last few days. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing drunken drunken

An excellent 16 scored WW. Hope you enjoyed your evening out drunken
weatherwax

on Tue Aug 28 2018, 23:26
I have been chatting to an elderly Lady tonight, who was originally from Hindley. when I was telling her about Wigan Rejects she was very interested. She is on Holiday from this week, but she has taken the name and I think she may be applying for membership when she returns. I have told her to mention Weatherwax if she applies, so that we know she is genuine.
Hope this is OK Admin. Laughing
Admin
Admin

on Wed Aug 29 2018, 08:41
Keep up the good work. You should be going out more
Admin
Admin

on Wed Aug 29 2018, 09:17
ANSWERS
1. The Yellow Submarine