Share
Go down
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 20:00
A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
Blimey O’Riley, it’s Friday night again!!!!!!
Come on down to the Reject’s Bar.
Come and get settled with your favourite drink.
Hope you enjoy the quiz.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz   31-8-18

1)  Who had a 1965 hit with ‘Get Off My Cloud’?

2)  Geography, the islands Herm and Jethou are part of which island group?

3)  TV, what was the name of Connie Booth’s character in ‘Fawlty Towers’?

4)  Film, the 1976 film `All The President`s Men` is set around which political scandal?

5)  Whose last words were `Et tu, Brute`?

6)  Food and drink, what ‘T’ word is the name is given to a kind of thin pancake which is eaten throughout Mexico ?

7)  Science, what is the base unit of mass in the SI (Le Système International d'Unités)  metric system?

8 )  Which Japanese car manufacturer produces the compact SUV 'Vitara' model?

9)  Sport, which soccer club`s supporters are known as the Toon Army?

10)    History, in which British city did the ‘Peterloo Massacre’ of 1819 take place?

11)  From what 1954 film musical does the song ‘Bless Yore Beautiful Hide’ come?

12)  What was the former name of Sellafield, the nuclear site in Cumbria?

13)  Literature, who was the author of the classic novel "Tess of the D'Ubervilles"?

14)  What ‘M’ word is the name of the clockwork device used by musicians to measure time?

15)  Film, Amity Island is the fictional location for which 1975 American thriller starrng Roy Scheider and Richard Dreyfuss?

16)  TV, in ‘Midsomer Murders’ which DCI lives in Causton?

17)  Who had a 1964 number one hit with ‘Glad All Over’?

18)  Science, Rhinology is the study of which part of the human body?

19)  Classical music, who wrote the music for the 1892 ballet ‘The Nutcracker’?

20)  History, which Mercian king who ruled from 757 until 796, had a dyke built to segregate his Kingdom from Wales?

21)  Food and drink, if you saw ‘Canard’ on a French Menu, what type of meat would be on offer?

22)  Geography, Salem is the capital of which US state?

23)  Literature, Georges Simenon created which fictional French detective character known by his surname?

24)  At which British theme park might you find the rides Oblivion and Nemesis?

25)  ♪♫ How many roads must a man walk down
           Before you call him a man?
           How many seas must a white dove sail
           Before she sleeps in the sand?
           Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls fly
           Before they're forever banned?♪♫

From what Bob Dylan song are those the opening lines?

NAMES BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Which 1960’s singer changed his name to Yusuf Islam?

BQ2)  Sport, how was Michael Edwards affectionately known at the 1988 Winter Olympics?

BQ3)  Which comedian has the nickname `The Big Yin`?

BQ4)  Which English King (1630 to 1685) was known as ‘The Merry Monarch’?

BQ5)  How was film Western actor, director and producer Marion Morrison better known?

STINKER)  In the US sitcom ‘The Big Bang Theory’, what is Howard Wolowitz’s middle name?

TRICKY)  What Dylan Thomas play is set in the quirky welsh village of Llareggub?


Last edited by raymyjamie on Sat Sep 01 2018, 12:24; edited 1 time in total
avatar
maureen
Posts : 3002
Join date : 2014-07-28
Location : Wigan

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 20:25
1 The Rolling Stones
3 Polly
4 Watergate
5 Caesar
6 Taco
10 Manchester
11 Seven brides for seven brothers
12 Windscale
13 Thomas Hardy
14 Metronome
16 Barnaby
17 Dave Clarke 5
18 The nose
19 Tchaikovsky
23 Maigret
25 The answer my friend is blowing in the wind

Bq 3 Billy Connelly
4 Charles 11
5 John Wayne

Tricky..Under milkwood
avatar
AWP1983
Posts : 96
Join date : 2017-06-20
Age : 35
Location : Newtown

Re: Friday Night Pub Quiz

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 20:25
2) Channel Islands
4) Watergate
5) Julius Caeser
6) Taco
7) Density
10) Manchester
12) Windscale?
13) Thomas Hardy
14) Metronome
16) Tom Barnaby
18) Nose?
19) Tchaikovsky
20) King Offa
21) Duck?
22) Oregon
23) Maigret
24) Alton Towers

BQ1) Cat Stevens
BQ2) Eddie the Eagle
BQ3) Billy Connolly
BQ4) King Charles II
BQ5) John Wayne
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 20:28
@maureen wrote:1 The Rolling Stones
3 Polly
4 Watergate
5 Caesar
6 Taco
10 Manchester
11 Seven brides for seven brothers
12 Windscale
13 Thomas Hardy
14 Metronome
16 Barnaby
17 Dave Clarke 5
18 The nose
19 Tchaikovsky
23 Maigret
25 The answer my friend is blowing in the wind

Bq 3 Billy Connelly
     4 Charles 11
    5 John Wayne
   
   Tricky..Under milkwood

Evening Mo.

A most excellent 20 correct very well done.

I have a different answer for Q6, but your answer is also good
avatar
jo anne
Posts : 3351
Join date : 2015-06-04

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 20:29
Evening, Ray Smile

1)
2)
3) polly
4) watergate
5) julius Caesar
6) taco
7) kg
8 )
9) Newcastle
10) Manchester
11) seven brides for seven brothers
12) windscale
13) Thomas Hardy
14) metronome
15) jaws
16) barnaby
17)
18) nose
19) Tchaikovsky
20)
21) duck
22) Massachusetts
23)
24) Alton park
25) blowing in the wind

BQ1) cat Stevens
BQ2) Eddie the eagle
BQ3) billy Connolly
BQ4)
BQ5) John Wayne

STINKER)
TRICKY) under milk wood
avatar
Lima Lima
Posts : 1375
Join date : 2014-01-25
Age : 44

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 20:30
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
Blimey O’Riley, it’s Friday night again!!!!!!
Come on down to the Reject’s Bar.
Come and get settled with your favourite drink.
Hope you enjoy the quiz.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz   31-8-18

1)  Who had a 1965 hit with ‘Get Off My Cloud’? Rolling Stones?

2)  Geography, the islands Herm and Jethou are part of which island group? Shetlands

3)  TV, what was the name of Connie Booth’s character in ‘Fawlty Towers’? Cybil faulty

4)  Film, the 1976 film `All The President`s Men` is set around which political scandal? Watergate?

5)  Whose last words were `Et tu, Brute`? Julius ceaser

6)  Food and drink, what ‘T’ word is the name is given to a kind of thin pancake which is eaten throughout Mexico ? Taco

7)  Science, what is the base unit of mass in the SI (Le Système International d'Unités)  metric system? Volume

8 )  Which Japanese car manufacturer produces the compact SUV 'Vitara' model? Suzuki

9)  Sport, which soccer club`s supporters are known as the Toon Army? Newcastle United

10)    History, in which British city did the ‘Peterloo Massacre’ of 1819 take place?

11)  From what 1954 film musical does the song ‘Bless Yore Beautiful Hide’ come? Seven brides for seven brothers

12)  What was the former name of Sellafield, the nuclear site in Cumbria?

13)  Literature, who was the author of the classic novel "Tess of the D'Ubervilles"?

14)  What ‘M’ word is the name of the clockwork device used by musicians to measure time? Metronome

15)  Film, Amity Island is the fictional location for which 1975 American thriller starrng Roy Scheider and Richard Jaws

16)  TV, in ‘Midsomer Murders’ which DCI lives in Causton? I know it’s John nettles that played him

17)  Who had a 1964 number one hit with ‘Glad All Over’? The searchers?

18)  Science, Rhinology is the study of which part of the human body? Nose

19)  Classical music, who wrote the music for the 1892 ballet ‘The Nutcracker’? Tchaikovsky?

20)  History, which Mercian king who ruled from 757 until 796, had a dyke built to segregate his Kingdom from Wales? Effer?

21)  Food and drink, if you saw ‘Canard’ on a French Menu, what type of meat would be on offer?duck

22)  Geography, Salem is the capital of which US state? Maine

23)  Literature, Georges Simenon created which fictional French detective character known by his surname? Cluseau?

24)  At which British theme park might you find the rides Oblivion and Nemesis? Alton towers

25)  ♪♫ How many roads must a man walk down
           Before you call him a man?
           How many seas must a white dove sail
           Before she sleeps in the sand?
           Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls fly
           Before they're forever banned?♪♫

From what Bob Dylan song are those the opening lines? Like a rolling stone?

NAMES BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Which 1960’s singer changed his name to Yusuf Islam? Cat Stevens

BQ2)  Sport, how was Michael Edwards affectionately known at the 1988 Winter Olympics? Eddie the eagle

BQ3)  Which comedian has the nickname `The Big Yin`? Billy Connolly

BQ4)  Which English King (1630 to 1685) was known as ‘The Merry Monarch’?

BQ5)  How was film Western actor, director and producer Marion Morrison better known?
John Wayne

STINKER)  In the US sitcom ‘The Big Bang Theory’, what is Howard Wolowitz’s middle name?

TRICKY)  What Dylan Thomas play is set in the quirky welsh village of Llareggub? Under milk wood

Today’s offering is bought to you from a Chicago beach. Some tough questions today!
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 20:33
@AWP1983 wrote:2) Channel Islands
4) Watergate
5) Julius Caeser
6) Taco
7) Density
10) Manchester
12) Windscale?
13) Thomas Hardy
14) Metronome
16) Tom Barnaby
18) Nose?
19) Tchaikovsky
20) King Offa
21) Duck?
22) Oregon
23) Maigret
24) Alton Towers

BQ1) Cat Stevens
BQ2) Eddie the Eagle
BQ3) Billy Connolly
BQ4) King Charles II
BQ5) John Wayne

Evening AWP.

A really super score of 21 correct, well done.

Good to see you quizzing again with us.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 20:35
@jo anne wrote:Evening, Ray Smile

1)
2)
3) polly
4) watergate
5) julius Caesar
6) taco
7) kg
8 )
9) Newcastle
10) Manchester
11) seven brides for seven brothers
12) windscale
13) Thomas Hardy
14) metronome
15) jaws
16) barnaby
17)
18) nose
19) Tchaikovsky
20)
21) duck
22) Massachusetts
23)
24) Alton park
25) blowing in the wind

BQ1) cat Stevens
BQ2) Eddie the eagle
BQ3) billy Connolly
BQ4)
BQ5) John Wayne

STINKER)
TRICKY) under milk wood


Evening Jo Anne.

A really first class score of 23 correct, well done.
avatar
AWP1983
Posts : 96
Join date : 2017-06-20
Age : 35
Location : Newtown

Re: Friday Night Pub Quiz

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 20:35
Thank you Ray
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 20:37
@Lima Lima wrote:
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
Blimey O’Riley, it’s Friday night again!!!!!!
Come on down to the Reject’s Bar.
Come and get settled with your favourite drink.
Hope you enjoy the quiz.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz   31-8-18

1)  Who had a 1965 hit with ‘Get Off My Cloud’? Rolling Stones?

2)  Geography, the islands Herm and Jethou are part of which island group? Shetlands

3)  TV, what was the name of Connie Booth’s character in ‘Fawlty Towers’? Cybil faulty

4)  Film, the 1976 film `All The President`s Men` is set around which political scandal? Watergate?

5)  Whose last words were `Et tu, Brute`? Julius ceaser

6)  Food and drink, what ‘T’ word is the name is given to a kind of thin pancake which is eaten throughout Mexico ? Taco

7)  Science, what is the base unit of mass in the SI (Le Système International d'Unités)  metric system? Volume

8 )  Which Japanese car manufacturer produces the compact SUV 'Vitara' model? Suzuki

9)  Sport, which soccer club`s supporters are known as the Toon Army? Newcastle United

10)    History, in which British city did the ‘Peterloo Massacre’ of 1819 take place?

11)  From what 1954 film musical does the song ‘Bless Yore Beautiful Hide’ come? Seven brides for seven brothers

12)  What was the former name of Sellafield, the nuclear site in Cumbria?

13)  Literature, who was the author of the classic novel "Tess of the D'Ubervilles"?

14)  What ‘M’ word is the name of the clockwork device used by musicians to measure time? Metronome

15)  Film, Amity Island is the fictional location for which 1975 American thriller starrng Roy Scheider and Richard  Jaws

16)  TV, in ‘Midsomer Murders’ which DCI lives in Causton? I know it’s John nettles that played him

17)  Who had a 1964 number one hit with ‘Glad All Over’? The searchers?

18)  Science, Rhinology is the study of which part of the human body? Nose

19)  Classical music, who wrote the music for the 1892 ballet ‘The Nutcracker’? Tchaikovsky?

20)  History, which Mercian king who ruled from 757 until 796, had a dyke built to segregate his Kingdom from Wales? Effer? near enough

21)  Food and drink, if you saw ‘Canard’ on a French Menu, what type of meat would be on offer?duck

22)  Geography, Salem is the capital of which US state? Maine

23)  Literature, Georges Simenon created which fictional French detective character known by his surname? Cluseau?

24)  At which British theme park might you find the rides Oblivion and Nemesis? Alton towers

25)  ♪♫ How many roads must a man walk down
           Before you call him a man?
           How many seas must a white dove sail
           Before she sleeps in the sand?
           Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls fly
           Before they're forever banned?♪♫

From what Bob Dylan song are those the opening lines? Like a rolling stone?

NAMES BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Which 1960’s singer changed his name to Yusuf Islam? Cat Stevens

BQ2)  Sport, how was Michael Edwards affectionately known at the 1988 Winter Olympics? Eddie the eagle

BQ3)  Which comedian has the nickname `The Big Yin`? Billy Connolly

BQ4)  Which English King (1630 to 1685) was known as ‘The Merry Monarch’?

BQ5)  How was film Western actor, director and producer Marion Morrison better known?
John Wayne

STINKER)  In the US sitcom ‘The Big Bang Theory’, what is Howard Wolowitz’s middle name?

TRICKY)  What Dylan Thomas play is set in the quirky welsh village of Llareggub? Under milk wood

Today’s offering is bought to you from a Chicago beach. Some tough questions today!

Good afternoon LL, lucky you, hope you're having a good time.

A most excellent 19 correct, well done.
avatar
jo anne
Posts : 3351
Join date : 2015-06-04

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 20:40
Thanks, Ray Smile
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 20:41
@AWP1983 wrote:Thank you Ray

Cheers AWP.

Very well played tonight.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 20:42
@jo anne wrote:Thanks, Ray Smile

Thank you JA.

Well played you.
avatar
maureen
Posts : 3002
Join date : 2014-07-28
Location : Wigan

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 20:45
Thank you again Ray.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 20:48
@maureen wrote:Thank you again Ray.

Cheers Our Mo.

You played a blinder tonight, well done.
avatar
weatherwax
Posts : 4302
Join date : 2013-12-09
Age : 68
Location : Southport

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 21:01
1. The Rolling Stones
2. The Channel Islands
3. Polly
4. The Watergate Scandal
5. Julius Ceasar
6. Tortilla
7.
8. Suzuki
9. Newcastle
10. Manchester
11. Seven Brides For Seven Brothers
12. Windscale
13. Thomas Hardy
14. Metronome
15. Jaws
16. Barnaby
17. Dave Clarke Five
18. The Nose
19. Tchaicovski
20. King Offa
21. Duck
22. Massachusetts
23. Maigret
24. Alton Towers
25. Blowing In The Wind

Bonus Questions.
1. Cat Stephens
2. Eddie The Eagle
3. Billy Connolly
4. Charles 2nd
5. John Wayne

Stinker:=
Tricky:= Under Milk Wood.


Sorry I'm Late RMJ, Been busy reading bed time stories, as I have a little house guest tonight. Mum and Dad are away to a Concert tonight in Manchester. (And a little couple time, in a nice Hotel. Laughing )
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 21:14
@weatherwax wrote:1. The Rolling Stones
2. The Channel Islands
3. Polly
4. The Watergate Scandal
5. Julius Ceasar
6. Tortilla
7.
8. Suzuki
9. Newcastle
10. Manchester
11. Seven Brides For Seven Brothers
12. Windscale
13. Thomas Hardy
14. Metronome
15. Jaws
16. Barnaby
17. Dave Clarke Five
18. The Nose
19. Tchaicovski
20. King Offa
21. Duck
22. Massachusetts
23. Maigret
24. Alton Towers
25. Blowing In The Wind

Bonus Questions.
1. Cat Stephens
2. Eddie The Eagle
3. Billy Connolly
4. Charles 2nd
5. John Wayne

Stinker:=
Tricky:= Under Milk Wood.


Sorry I'm Late RMJ, Been busy reading bed time stories, as I have a little house guest tonight. Mum and Dad are away to a Concert tonight in Manchester.  (And a little couple time, in a nice Hotel. Laughing )

Evening WW.

No need to apologise, I just hope you're enjoying some quality time with you Grandaughter.

A really brilliant score of 29 correct, very well played.

Unusually for you, you got the geography Q22 wrong.
avatar
weatherwax
Posts : 4302
Join date : 2013-12-09
Age : 68
Location : Southport

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 21:27
Whoops! I could have sworn Q22 was one of the correct ones. (Witches and all that Laughing ) I shall have to google that.
avatar
weatherwax
Posts : 4302
Join date : 2013-12-09
Age : 68
Location : Southport

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 21:31
Now I know what I have done. Jumped at the question. Not a Capital, Wrong Salem. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed lol!
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 21:39
In actual fact, when I saw your answer, I thought I'd

made a mistake because Salem Massachusetts sounds better.

I did check my answer to be correct.

Of course the capital of Massachusetts is Boston.
avatar
weatherwax
Posts : 4302
Join date : 2013-12-09
Age : 68
Location : Southport

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 21:57
Thanks for a great brain workout RMJ. Littleun is fast asleep, and I am shattered. My oven died on me on Wednesday, only got it fixed last thing tonight. I wish we were back when we took this photo.....



avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 22:00
Lovely piccy WW.

Where was that taken ?

I expect that scooter has given you a whole new lease of life.
avatar
weatherwax
Posts : 4302
Join date : 2013-12-09
Age : 68
Location : Southport

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 22:19
It was taken in the Ornamental Gardens, at Grange over Sands. Motormouse was on Holiday, so we had a run out with the littleun, (Week last Wednesday) Packed the scooter in the boot, and away we went. Yes it really has given me a new lease of life. when I got it last year, it was the first time I could go out with just my Grandaughter, since she was born. Now She often, sits on my knee, or walks at my side, and we nip up to the park for a few hours. It's great. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 22:46
That's good to know WW, well done
avatar
Corky Ringspot
Posts : 52649
Join date : 2013-12-04
Location : Up a nick in Russia

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

on Fri Aug 31 2018, 22:54


1)  Who had a 1965 hit with ‘Get Off My Cloud’? ???????

2)  Geography, the islands Herm and Jethou are part of which island group? Orkneys

3)  TV, what was the name of Connie Booth’s character in ‘Fawlty Towers’? Polly (She did have a surname mentioned)

4)  Film, the 1976 film `All The President`s Men` is set around which political scandal? Watergate

5)  Whose last words were `Et tu, Brute`? Julius Caesar

6)  Food and drink, what ‘T’ word is the name is given to a kind of thin pancake which is eaten throughout Mexico ? Taco

7)  Science, what is the base unit of mass in the SI (Le Système International d'Unités)  metric system? Kilogram

8 )  Which Japanese car manufacturer produces the compact SUV 'Vitara' model? Nissan

9)  Sport, which soccer club`s supporters are known as the Toon Army? Newcastle Utd

10)    History, in which British city did the ‘Peterloo Massacre’ of 1819 take place? Manchester

11)  From what 1954 film musical does the song ‘Bless Yore Beautiful Hide’ come? Annie Get Your Gun

12)  What was the former name of Sellafield, the nuclear site in Cumbria? Windscale previously Calder Hall

13)  Literature, who was the author of the classic novel "Tess of the D'Ubervilles"? Bugger!

14)  What ‘M’ word is the name of the clockwork device used by musicians to measure time? Metronome

15)  Film, Amity Island is the fictional location for which 1975 American thriller starrng Roy Scheider and Richard Dreyfuss? Jaws

16)  TV, in ‘Midsomer Murders’ which DCI lives in Causton? Barnaby

17)  Who had a 1964 number one hit with ‘Glad All Over’? Dave Clark 5

18)  Science, Rhinology is the study of which part of the human body? Nose

19)  Classical music, who wrote the music for the 1892 ballet ‘The Nutcracker’? Tchaikovsky

20)  History, which Mercian king who ruled from 757 until 796, had a dyke built to segregate his Kingdom from Wales? Offa

21)  Food and drink, if you saw ‘Canard’ on a French Menu, what type of meat would be on offer? Duck

22)  Geography, Salem is the capital of which US state? Massachusetts

23)  Literature, Georges Simenon created which fictional French detective character known by his surname? Poriot (French?)

24)  At which British theme park might you find the rides Oblivion and Nemesis? Alton Towers

25)  ♪♫ How many roads must a man walk down
           Before you call him a man?
           How many seas must a white dove sail
           Before she sleeps in the sand?
           Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls fly
           Before they're forever banned?♪♫

From what Bob Dylan song are those the opening lines? Blowin' In The Wind

NAMES BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Which 1960’s singer changed his name to Yusuf Islam?

BQ2)  Sport, how was Michael Edwards affectionately known at the 1988 Winter Olympics? Eddie The Eagle

BQ3)  Which comedian has the nickname `The Big Yin`? Billy Connolly

BQ4)  Which English King (1630 to 1685) was known as ‘The Merry Monarch’? Henry VIII

BQ5)  How was film Western actor, director and producer Marion Morrison better known?
John Wayne

STINKER)  In the US sitcom ‘The Big Bang Theory’, what is Howard Wolowitz’s middle name? Fruit Loops Razz

TRICKY)  What Dylan Thomas play is set in the quirky welsh village of Llareggub? Under Milk Wood



Another belter, Cheers Ray


I'll now look at the answers and kick self over the French detective
Sponsored content

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 31-8-18

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum