Share
Go down
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14620
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:00
A very good evening to the Rejects crossworders.
Have a dekko at these daunting doodles.
Good luck.


WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18[/u]

1)  [u] They secure
150 snakes  (6)  _ _ _ _ _ _
An easy one to start us off.
The Roman numerals for 150, followed by the snakes associated with Cleopatra.


2) Pens producing plain blots,  (10)  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
An anagram of PLAIN BLOTS.
 

3)  Endless Oriental holiday.  (7)  E _ _ _ _ _ _
Another word for ORIENTAL, endless, which is also a Holiday.


4)  Shower for dog.  (7)  P _ _ _ _ _ _
Try saying SHOWER as SHOW  ER, something that SHOWS.


5)  Cut of meat for League leaders.  (7)  T _ _ _ _ _ E
A cut of meat, and how you might describe a football team who are leaders of the league.


6)  Religious type from church in Dublin (5)   _ _ _ _ _
In consecutive letters in the clue.


7)  Move off and fail to win on opponent’s ground.  (4, 4)  D _ _ _      A _ _ _
Can you suss it?


8 ) Shrewd like Egyptian king, last in line (6)  A _ _ _ _ _
Cement together a 2 letter word for ‘like’ or ‘in the same way that’, the informal contraction of a young Egyptian king, and the last letter in the word LINE.


9)  Doorman, discontented bruiser, carrying little weight (7)
The outer letters (discontented) of BRUISER containing (carrying) a small non-metric unit of weight.


10)  ‘Sucre’ oft translated as ‘Sugar’.  (8 )  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
A final anagram (translated) of SUCRE OFT.
maureen
maureen
Posts : 3206
Join date : 2014-07-28
Location : Wigan

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:11
1 Clasps
2 Ballpoints
3 Eastern
5 Topside
6 Hindu
8 Astute
9 Bouncer
10 Fructose
Admin
Admin
Admin
Posts : 45946
Join date : 2013-12-04

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:12
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good evening to the Rejects crossworders.
Have a dekko at these daunting doodles.
Good luck.


WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18[/u]

1)  They secure 150 snakes  (6)  _ _ _ _ _ _..Clasps
An easy one to start us off.
The Roman numerals for 150, followed by the snakes associated with Cleopatra.


2) Pens producing plain blots,  (10)  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _...Ballpoints
An anagram of PLAIN BLOTS.
 

3)  Endless Oriental holiday.  (7)  E _ _ _ _ _ _
Another word for ORIENTAL, endless, which is also a Holiday.


4)  Shower for dog.  (7)  P _ _ _ _ _ _
Try saying SHOWER as SHOW  ER, something that SHOWS...Point..er


5)  Cut of meat for League leaders.  (7)  T _ _ _ _ _ E ....Topside
A cut of meat, and how you might describe a football team who are leaders of the league.


6)  Religious type from church in Dublin (5)   _ _ _ _ _...Urcin
In consecutive letters in the clue.


7)  Move off and fail to win on opponent’s ground.  (4, 4)  D _ _ _      A _ _ _...Draw away
Can you suss it?


8 ) Shrewd like Egyptian king, last in line (6)  A _ _ _ _ _
Cement together a 2 letter word for ‘like’ or ‘in the same way that’, the informal contraction of a young Egyptian king, and the last letter in the word LINE....Astute


9)  Doorman, discontented bruiser, carrying little weight (7)
The outer letters (discontented) of BRUISER containing (carrying) a small non-metric unit of weight...Bouncer


10)  ‘Sucre’ oft translated as ‘Sugar’.  (8 )  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _..Fructose
A final anagram (translated) of SUCRE OFT.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Posts : 45946
Join date : 2013-12-04

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:14
3 Eastern?
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14620
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:15
@maureen wrote:1 Clasps
2 Ballpoints
3 Eastern
5 Topside
6 Hindu
8 Astute
9 Bouncer
10 Fructose

Evening Mo.

Brilliant xwording and in unbelievable time, well done.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14620
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:18
@Admin wrote:
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good evening to the Rejects crossworders.
Have a dekko at these daunting doodles.
Good luck.


WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18[/u]

1)  They secure 150 snakes  (6)  _ _ _ _ _ _..Clasps
An easy one to start us off.
The Roman numerals for 150, followed by the snakes associated with Cleopatra.


2) Pens producing plain blots,  (10)  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _...Ballpoints
An anagram of PLAIN BLOTS.
 

3)  Endless Oriental holiday.  (7)  E _ _ _ _ _ _
Another word for ORIENTAL, endless, which is also a Holiday.


4)  Shower for dog.  (7)  P _ _ _ _ _ _
Try saying SHOWER as SHOW  ER, something that SHOWS...Point..er


5)  Cut of meat for League leaders.  (7)  T _ _ _ _ _ E ....Topside
A cut of meat, and how you might describe a football team who are leaders of the league.


6)  Religious type from church in Dublin (5)   _ _ _ _ _...Urcin
In consecutive letters in the clue.


7)  Move off and fail to win on opponent’s ground.  (4, 4)  D _ _ _      A _ _ _...Draw away
Can you suss it?


8 ) Shrewd like Egyptian king, last in line (6)  A _ _ _ _ _
Cement together a 2 letter word for ‘like’ or ‘in the same way that’, the informal contraction of a young Egyptian king, and the last letter in the word LINE....Astute


9)  Doorman, discontented bruiser, carrying little weight (7)
The outer letters (discontented) of BRUISER containing (carrying) a small non-metric unit of weight...Bouncer


10)  ‘Sucre’ oft translated as ‘Sugar’.  (8 )  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _..Fructose
A final anagram (translated) of SUCRE OFT.

Evening Mrs A.

Really super crosswording, very well played.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14620
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:19
@Admin wrote:3 Eastern?

It's EASTERN, but 'endless'.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Posts : 45946
Join date : 2013-12-04

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:20
6I missed the h out of urchin
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14620
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:23
@Admin wrote: 6I missed the h out of urchin  

Sorry Mrs A.

The 'clue' is looking for 'religious types', you've part of

the solution in your answer.
Gassey
Gassey
Posts : 2166
Join date : 2016-10-18
Age : 66
Location : Pemberton

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:25
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good evening to the Rejects crossworders.
Have a dekko at these daunting doodles.
Good luck.


WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18[/u]

1)   They secure 150 snakes  (6)  CLASPS
An easy one to start us off.
The Roman numerals for 150, followed by the snakes associated with Cleopatra.


2) Pens producing plain blots,  (10)  BALLPOINTS
An anagram of PLAIN BLOTS.
 

3)  Endless Oriental holiday.  (7)  EASTER
Another word for ORIENTAL, endless, which is also a Holiday.


4)  Shower for dog.  (7)  POINTER
Try saying SHOWER as SHOW  ER, something that SHOWS.


5)  Cut of meat for League leaders.  (7)  TOPSIDE
A cut of meat, and how you might describe a football team who are leaders of the league.


6)  Religious type from church in Dublin (5)  HINDU
In consecutive letters in the clue.


7)  Move off and fail to win on opponent’s ground.  (4, 4)  DRAW   AWAY
Can you suss it?


8 ) Shrewd like Egyptian king, last in line (6)  ASTUTE
Cement together a 2 letter word for ‘like’ or ‘in the same way that’, the informal contraction of a young Egyptian king, and the last letter in the word LINE.


9)  Doorman, discontented bruiser, carrying little weight (7)
The outer letters (discontented) of BRUISER containing (carrying) a small non-metric unit of weight. BOUNCER


10)  ‘Sucre’ oft translated as ‘Sugar’.  (8 )FRUCTOSE
A final anagram (translated) of SUCRE OFT.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14620
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:28
@Gassey wrote:
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good evening to the Rejects crossworders.
Have a dekko at these daunting doodles.
Good luck.


WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18[/u]

1)   They secure 150 snakes  (6)  CLASPS  
An easy one to start us off.
The Roman numerals for 150, followed by the snakes associated with Cleopatra.


2) Pens producing plain blots,  (10)  BALLPOINTS  
An anagram of PLAIN BLOTS.
 

3)  Endless Oriental holiday.  (7)  EASTER  
Another word for ORIENTAL, endless, which is also a Holiday.


4)  Shower for dog.  (7)  POINTER  
Try saying SHOWER as SHOW  ER, something that SHOWS.


5)  Cut of meat for League leaders.  (7)  TOPSIDE  
A cut of meat, and how you might describe a football team who are leaders of the league.


6)  Religious type from church in Dublin (5)  HINDU  
In consecutive letters in the clue.


7)  Move off and fail to win on opponent’s ground.  (4, 4)  DRAW   AWAY  
Can you suss it?


8 ) Shrewd like Egyptian king, last in line (6)  ASTUTE  
Cement together a 2 letter word for ‘like’ or ‘in the same way that’, the informal contraction of a young Egyptian king, and the last letter in the word LINE.


9)  Doorman, discontented bruiser, carrying little weight (7)
The outer letters (discontented) of BRUISER containing (carrying) a small non-metric unit of weight.   BOUNCER  


10)  ‘Sucre’ oft translated as ‘Sugar’.  (8 )FRUCTOSE  
A final anagram (translated) of SUCRE OFT.

Evening Gassey.

Excellent crosswording, well done.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Posts : 45946
Join date : 2013-12-04

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:29
6. silly me Hindu
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14620
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:30
@Admin wrote:6. silly me Hindu

That's the bunny, well done.
jo anne
jo anne
Posts : 4283
Join date : 2015-06-04

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:37
Evening, Ray Smile

1) clasp
2) Pens producing plain blots, (10) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
An anagram of PLAIN BLOTS.

3) Endless Oriental holiday. (7) E _ _ _ _ _ _
Another word for ORIENTAL, endless, which is also a Holiday.
4) petshow
5) Cut of meat for League leaders. (7) T _ _ _ _ _ E
A cut of meat, and how you might describe a football team who are leaders of the league.
6) Religious type from church in Dublin (5) _ _ _ _ _
7) Move off and fail to win on opponent’s ground. (4, 4) D _ _ _ A _ _ _
Can you suss it?
8 ) astute
9) bouncer
10) fructose
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14620
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:41
@jo anne wrote:Evening, Ray Smile

1)  clasp
2) Pens producing plain blots,  (10)  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
An anagram of PLAIN BLOTS.

3)  Endless Oriental holiday.  (7)  E _ _ _ _ _ _
Another word for ORIENTAL, endless, which is also a Holiday.
4)  petshow
5)  Cut of meat for League leaders.  (7)  T _ _ _ _ _ E
A cut of meat, and how you might describe a football team who are leaders of the league.
6)  Religious type from church in Dublin (5)   _ _ _ _ _
7)  Move off and fail to win on opponent’s ground.  (4, 4)  D _ _ _      A _ _ _
Can you suss it?
8 ) astute
9)  bouncer
10)  fructose

Evening Jo Anne.

Excellent xwording, well done.
Gassey
Gassey
Posts : 2166
Join date : 2016-10-18
Age : 66
Location : Pemberton

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:42
Evening Ray another grand
Crossy session much appreciated
thanking you sir
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14620
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:46
Thanks, you're very welcome Gassey.

Well played tonight.
jo anne
jo anne
Posts : 4283
Join date : 2015-06-04

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 20:56
Thanks for those, Ray Smile
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14620
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 21:03
Glad you enjoyed them Jo Anne, well played tonight.
maureen
maureen
Posts : 3206
Join date : 2014-07-28
Location : Wigan

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 21:09
Another belter from you Ray..thank you.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14620
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Wed 17 Oct - 21:11
Thanks Mo.

Very well played tonight
avatar
marieM
Posts : 940
Join date : 2013-12-10

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Thu 18 Oct - 10:33
1. Clasps
2. Ballpoint
3. Eastern
5. Topside
9. Bouncer
10. Fructose
Hieronymous
Hieronymous
Posts : 6209
Join date : 2013-12-05
Location : The front of beyond

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Thu 18 Oct - 11:15
1. Clasps


2. Ballpoints


3. Easter


4. Pointer


5. Topside


6. Hindu


7. Draw away


8. Astute


9. Bouncer


10. Fructose
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14620
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Thu 18 Oct - 12:13
[quote="marieM"]1. Clasps
2. Ballpoint
3. Eastern
5. Topside
9. Bouncer
10. Fructose r=#FF0000]Good afternoon Marie.

Very well played indeed


raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14620
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

on Thu 18 Oct - 12:15
@Hieronymous wrote:1. Clasps


2. Ballpoints


3. Easter


4. Pointer


5. Topside


6. Hindu


7. Draw away


8. Astute


9. Bouncer


10. Fructose

A very good afternoon mon ami.

A very excellent bit of crosswording.
Sponsored content

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 17-10-18

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum