Share
Go down
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:00
A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
It’s Friday night again!!!!!!!
Come on down to the Reject’s Bar.
Get comfy with your favourite drink.
Enjoy the quiz.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

1) Who had a 1972 hit with 'You're So Vain'?

2) Geography, what is the highest mountain in Great Britain?

3) TV, what was the name of the children’s TV series that first aired in 1952 and included the characters Bill and Ben and 'Little Weed'?

4) Film, Paul Hogan and Linda Koslowski starred in what 1986 movie set in Australia and New York?

5) According to the popular English proverb, what colour cheese is the moon made out of?

6) Food and drink, Wiener Schnitzel, the national dish of Austria, uses what type of meat?

7) Science, what is the common name for the home of a badger?

8 ) Which European car company are known for their models ‘Stelvio, Giulia and Giulietta’?

9) Sport, which English striker scored six goals at the 2018 World Cup Finals?

10) History, since 1066, the coronations of all British monarchs have taken place at which building?

11) From which 1964 film musical does the song "Feed the Birds" come?

12) At which British theme park might you find Oblivion and Nemesis?

13) Literature, which Charles Dicken's novel features the characters Philip 'Pip' Pirrip, Miss Havisham and Abel Magwich?

14) Which British supermarket chain was originally founded by Jack Cohen in 1919?

15) Film, from which 1942 film does the quote "Here's looking at you kid" come?

16) TV, what is the name of the cafe in Coronation Street?

17) Which British group topped the UK charts twice in 1979 with the singles "Message in a Bottle" and "Walking on the Moon"?

18) Science, what is the medical term for the shoulder blade?

19) Classical music, who composed The Piano Sonata No. 14, commonly known as the Moonlight Sonata,

20) History, Boudicca / Boadicea was queen of which historic British Celtic tribe of Britain ?

21) Food and drink, in which country is Rioja wine produced?

22) Geography, where in Scotland would you find Holyrood Palace?

23) Literature, Currer Bell, Ellis Bell and Acton Bell were the pen names of which three literary sisters?

24) Which New York City thoroughfare is synonymous with theatres and musicals?

25) ♪♫ While I'm far away from you my baby
I know it's hard for you my baby
Because it's hard for me my baby
And the darkest hour is just before dawn♪♫

From what Mamas and Papas hit are those the opening lines?


ACTORS AND ACTRESSES BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) Which knighted British actor played the valet Hobson to Dudley Moore’s character Arthur Bach in the 1981 film ‘Arthur’?

BQ2) Which actor played Detective Harry Callahan in the ‘Dirty Harry’ series of films.

BQ3) Which two actresses played the title roles in the 1991 film ‘Thelma and Louise’?

BQ4) Which actor played the title role in the’Indiana Jones’ film franchise?

BQ5) Which actor played Luke Skywalker in the ‘Star Wars’ film franchise?

STINKER) What was the nickname attributed to the 1923 FA Cup Final played at Wembley between Bolton Wanderers and West Ham United?

TRICKY) History, who was President of Egypt during the Suez Crisis in 1956?
marieM
Posts : 834
Join date : 2013-12-10

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:13
2. Ben Nevis
3. Flower Pot Men
4, Crocodile Dundee
5. Green
7. Sett
9. Kane
10. Westminster abbey
16. Cabin
17. Police
18. Clavicle
19. Chacowski
21. Spain
22. Edinburgh
23. Bronte
24, Sunset Boulevard

bbq2 Clint Eastwood

Stinker White Horse Final

avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:15
@marieM wrote:2. Ben Nevis
3. Flower Pot Men
4, Crocodile Dundee
5. Green
7. Sett
9. Kane
10. Westminster abbey
16. Cabin
17. Police
18. Clavicle
19. Chacowski
21. Spain
22. Edinburgh
23. Bronte
24, Sunset Boulevard

bbq2 Clint Eastwood

Stinker  White Horse Final


Evening Marie.

A most excellent 16 correct, well done.
avatar
jo anne
Posts : 3351
Join date : 2015-06-04

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:21
Evening, Ray Smile

1) Carly Simon
2) Ben Nevis
3) bill and Ben
4) crocodile Dundee
5) green
6) veal
7) sett
8 )
9)
10) Caernarfon castle
11) Mary poppins
12) Alton towers
13) great expectations
14) Tesco
15) Casablanca
16) Roy’s rolls
17) the police
18) scapula
19)
20)
21)
22) Edinburgh
23) Emily, Charlotte bronte
24) broadway
25)

BQ1) Michael Caine
BQ2) Clint Eastwood
BQ3) Susan Sarandon & Geena Davies
BQ4) Harrison Ford
BQ5) mark hamill

TRICKY) Nassau
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:24
@jo anne wrote:Evening, Ray Smile

1) Carly Simon
2) Ben Nevis
3) bill and Ben Flower Pot Men
4) crocodile Dundee
5) green
6) veal
7) sett
8 )
9)
10) Caernarfon castle
11) Mary poppins  
12) Alton towers
13) great expectations
14)  Tesco
15) Casablanca
16) Roy’s rolls
17) the police
18) scapula
19)
20)
21)
22) Edinburgh
23) Emily, Charlotte bronte
24) broadway
25)

BQ1) Michael Caine
BQ2) Clint Eastwood
BQ3) Susan Sarandon & Geena Davies
BQ4) Harrison Ford
BQ5) mark hamill

TRICKY) Nassau

Evening Jo Anne.

A really super 23 correct, well done.

avatar
jo anne
Posts : 3351
Join date : 2015-06-04

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:27
Thanks, Ray Smile
avatar
weatherwax
Posts : 4302
Join date : 2013-12-09
Age : 68
Location : Southport

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:28
1. Carly Simon
2. Ben Nevis
3. The Flowerpot Men
4. Crocodile Dundee
5. Green
6. Veal
7. Sett
8.
9.
10. Westminster Abbey
11. Mary Poppins
12. Alton Towers
13. Great Expectations
14. Tesco
15. Casablanca
16. Roy's Rolls
17. The Police
18. The Scapula
19. Beethoven
20. Iceni
21. Spain
22. Edinburgh
23. The Brontes
24. Broadway
25. Dedicated to The One I Love

Bonus Questions.
1. Sir John Gielgud
2. Clint Eastwood
3. Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon
4. Harrison Ford
5. Mark Hamill

Stinker:-
Tricky:- Nasser


Hi Everybody.
avatar
Lima Lima
Posts : 1375
Join date : 2014-01-25
Age : 44

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:29
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
It’s Friday night again!!!!!!!
Come on down to the Reject’s Bar.
Get comfy with your favourite drink.
Enjoy the quiz.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz   26-10-18

1)  Who had a 1972 hit with 'You're So Vain'? Carly Simon

2)  Geography, what is the highest mountain in Great Britain? Ben Nevis

3)  TV, what was the name of the children’s TV series that first aired in 1952 and included the characters Bill and Ben and 'Little Weed'? Bill and Ben the flowerpot men

4)  Film, Paul Hogan and Linda Koslowski starred in what 1986 movie set in Australia and New York? Crocodile Dundee

5)  According to the popular English proverb, what colour cheese is the moon made out of? Cream?

6)  Food and drink, Wiener Schnitzel, the national dish of Austria, uses what type of meat? Veal

7)  Science, what is the common name for the home of a badger? Sett

8 )  Which European car company are known for their models ‘Stelvio, Giulia and Giulietta’? Alfa Romeo

9)  Sport, which English striker scored six goals at the 2018 World Cup Finals? Harry Kane

10)  History, since 1066, the coronations of all British monarchs have taken place at which building? Westminster abbey

11)  From which 1964 film musical does the song "Feed the Birds" come?    Mary poppies

12)  At which British theme park might you find Oblivion and Nemesis? Alton towers

13)  Literature, which Charles Dicken's novel features the characters Philip 'Pip' Pirrip, Miss Havisham and Abel Magwich? Great expectations

14)  Which British supermarket chain was originally founded by Jack Cohen in 1919? Co op

15)  Film, from which 1942 film does the quote "Here's looking at you kid" come?   Casablanca

16)  TV, what is the name of the cafe in Coronation Street? Roy’s rolls

17)  Which British group topped the UK charts twice in 1979 with the singles "Message in a Bottle" and "Walking on the Moon"? The police

18)  Science, what is the medical term for the shoulder blade? Scapula?

19)  Classical music, who composed The Piano Sonata No. 14, commonly known as the Moonlight Sonata, Mozart?

20)  History, Boudicca / Boadicea was queen of which historic British Celtic tribe of Britain ?

21)  Food and drink, in which country is Rioja wine  produced? Italy

22)  Geography, where in Scotland would you find Holyrood Palace? Edinburgh?

23)  Literature, Currer Bell, Ellis Bell and Acton Bell were the pen names of which three literary sisters? The brontes?

24)  Which New York City thoroughfare is synonymous with theatres and musicals? Broadway

25)  ♪♫ While I'm far away from you my baby
           I know it's hard for you my baby
           Because it's hard for me my baby
           And the darkest hour is just before dawn♪♫

From what Mamas and Papas hit are those the opening lines?


ACTORS AND ACTRESSES BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Which knighted British actor played the valet Hobson to Dudley Moore’s character Arthur Bach in the 1981 film ‘Arthur’? Michael Caine

BQ2)  Which actor played Detective Harry Callahan in the ‘Dirty Harry’ series of films. Clint Eastwood

BQ3)  Which two actresses played the title roles in the 1991 film ‘Thelma and Louise’? Susan sandon gina Davies

BQ4)  Which actor played the title role in the’Indiana Jones’ film franchise? Harrison Ford

BQ5)  Which actor played Luke Skywalker in the ‘Star Wars’ film franchise? Mark hamill

STINKER)  What was the nickname attributed to the 1923 FA Cup Final played at Wembley between Bolton Wanderers and West Ham United?  

TRICKY)  History, who was President of Egypt during the Suez Crisis in 1956? Edi amin

Couple of tricky ones but I think we’ve done alright.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:30
@jo anne wrote:Thanks, Ray Smile

You're very welcome JA
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:33
@weatherwax wrote:1. Carly Simon
2. Ben Nevis
3. The Flowerpot Men
4. Crocodile Dundee
5. Green
6. Veal
7. Sett
8.
9.
10. Westminster Abbey
11. Mary Poppins
12. Alton Towers
13. Great Expectations
14. Tesco
15. Casablanca
16. Roy's Rolls
17. The Police
18. The Scapula
19. Beethoven
20. Iceni
21. Spain
22. Edinburgh
23. The Brontes
24. Broadway
25. Dedicated to The One I Love

Bonus Questions.
1. Sir John Gielgud
2. Clint Eastwood
3. Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon
4. Harrison Ford
5. Mark Hamill

Stinker:-
Tricky:- Nasser


Hi Everybody.

Evening WW.

A super dooper 29 correct, just brill.

You've been missed this last two weeks, hope you're on the mend.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:36
@Lima Lima wrote:
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
It’s Friday night again!!!!!!!
Come on down to the Reject’s Bar.
Get comfy with your favourite drink.
Enjoy the quiz.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz   26-10-18

1)  Who had a 1972 hit with 'You're So Vain'? Carly Simon

2)  Geography, what is the highest mountain in Great Britain? Ben Nevis

3)  TV, what was the name of the children’s TV series that first aired in 1952 and included the characters Bill and Ben and 'Little Weed'? Bill and Ben the flowerpot men

4)  Film, Paul Hogan and Linda Koslowski starred in what 1986 movie set in Australia and New York? Crocodile Dundee

5)  According to the popular English proverb, what colour cheese is the moon made out of? Cream?

6)  Food and drink, Wiener Schnitzel, the national dish of Austria, uses what type of meat? Veal

7)  Science, what is the common name for the home of a badger? Sett

8 )  Which European car company are known for their models ‘Stelvio, Giulia and Giulietta’? Alfa Romeo

9)  Sport, which English striker scored six goals at the 2018 World Cup Finals? Harry Kane

10)  History, since 1066, the coronations of all British monarchs have taken place at which building? Westminster abbey

11)  From which 1964 film musical does the song "Feed the Birds" come?    Mary poppies

12)  At which British theme park might you find Oblivion and Nemesis? Alton towers

13)  Literature, which Charles Dicken's novel features the characters Philip 'Pip' Pirrip, Miss Havisham and Abel Magwich? Great expectations

14)  Which British supermarket chain was originally founded by Jack Cohen in 1919? Co op

15)  Film, from which 1942 film does the quote "Here's looking at you kid" come?   Casablanca

16)  TV, what is the name of the cafe in Coronation Street? Roy’s rolls

17)  Which British group topped the UK charts twice in 1979 with the singles "Message in a Bottle" and "Walking on the Moon"? The police

18)  Science, what is the medical term for the shoulder blade? Scapula?

19)  Classical music, who composed The Piano Sonata No. 14, commonly known as the Moonlight Sonata, Mozart?

20)  History, Boudicca / Boadicea was queen of which historic British Celtic tribe of Britain ?

21)  Food and drink, in which country is Rioja wine  produced? Italy

22)  Geography, where in Scotland would you find Holyrood Palace? Edinburgh?

23)  Literature, Currer Bell, Ellis Bell and Acton Bell were the pen names of which three literary sisters? The brontes?

24)  Which New York City thoroughfare is synonymous with theatres and musicals? Broadway

25)  ♪♫ While I'm far away from you my baby
           I know it's hard for you my baby
           Because it's hard for me my baby
           And the darkest hour is just before dawn♪♫

From what Mamas and Papas hit are those the opening lines?


ACTORS AND ACTRESSES BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Which knighted British actor played the valet Hobson to Dudley Moore’s character Arthur Bach in the 1981 film ‘Arthur’? Michael Caine

BQ2)  Which actor played Detective Harry Callahan in the ‘Dirty Harry’ series of films. Clint Eastwood

BQ3)  Which two actresses played the title roles in the 1991 film ‘Thelma and Louise’? Susan sandon gina Davies

BQ4)  Which actor played the title role in the’Indiana Jones’ film franchise? Harrison Ford

BQ5)  Which actor played Luke Skywalker in the ‘Star Wars’ film franchise? Mark hamill

STINKER)  What was the nickname attributed to the 1923 FA Cup Final played at Wembley between Bolton Wanderers and West Ham United?  

TRICKY)  History, who was President of Egypt during the Suez Crisis in 1956? Edi amin

Couple of tricky ones but I think we’ve done alright.

Evening LL.

You've done better than alright, a really super score of 24 correct, well done.
avatar
weatherwax
Posts : 4302
Join date : 2013-12-09
Age : 68
Location : Southport

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:38
Thank RMJ, Bit Wobbley, but getting better every day. Smile
avatar
maureen
Posts : 3002
Join date : 2014-07-28
Location : Wigan

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:38
1 Carley Simon
2 Ben Nevis
3 Flowerpot men
4Crocodile Dundee
5 Green
7 Sett
10 Westminster Abbey
11 Mary Poppins
12 Alton towers
14 Tesco
15 Casablanca
17 The Police
18 Scapula
19 Beethoven
21 Spain
22 Edinburgh
23 The brontes
24 42nd St
25Dedicated to the one I love

Bq1 John Geilgud
2 Michael Caine
4 Harrison Ford

Tricky..Nasser
avatar
Gassey
Posts : 1844
Join date : 2016-10-18
Age : 65
Location : Pemberton

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:39
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
It’s Friday night again!!!!!!!
Come on down to the Reject’s Bar.
Get comfy with your favourite drink.
Enjoy the quiz.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz   26-10-18

1)  Who had a 1972 hit with 'You're So Vain'? CARLY. SIMON

2)  Geography, what is the highest mountain in Great Britain? BEN NEVIS

3)  TV, what was the name of the children’s TV series that first aired in 1952 and included the characters Bill and Ben and 'Little Weed'?THE FLOWER MEN

4)  Film, Paul Hogan and Linda Koslowski starred in what 1986 movie set in Australia and New York? CROCODILE DUNDEE

5)  According to the popular English proverb, what colour cheese is the moon made out of? GREEN

6)  Food and drink, Wiener Schnitzel, the national dish of Austria, uses what type of meat? LAMB

7)  Science, what is the common name for the home of a badger? SETT

8 )  Which European car company are known for their models ‘Stelvio, Giulia and Giulietta’? RENAULT

9)  Sport, which English striker scored six goals at the 2018 World Cup Finals? HARRY KANE

10)  History, since 1066, the coronations of all British monarchs have taken place at which building?WESTMINSTER ABBEY

11)  From which 1964 film musical does the song "Feed the Birds" come?    MARY POPPINS

12)  At which British theme park might you find Oblivion and Nemesis?
ALTON TOWERS

13)  Literature, which Charles Dicken's novel features the characters Philip 'Pip' Pirrip, Miss Havisham and Abel Magwich? GREAT EXPECTATIONS

14)  Which British supermarket chain was originally founded by Jack Cohen in 1919? SAINSBURYS

15)  Film, from which 1942 film does the quote "Here's looking at you kid" come?   CASABLANCA

16)  TV, what is the name of the cafe in Coronation Street?  ROY'S ROLLS

17)  Which British group topped the UK charts twice in 1979 with the singles "Message in a Bottle" and "Walking on the Moon"? THE POLICE

18)  Science, what is the medical term for the shoulder blade?SCAPULA

19)  Classical music, who composed The Piano Sonata No. 14, commonly known as the Moonlight Sonata, STRAUSS

20)  History, Boudicca / Boadicea was queen of which historic British Celtic tribe of Britain ? ICINI

21)  Food and drink, in which country is Rioja wine  produced? SPAIN

22)  Geography, where in Scotland would you find Holyrood Palace?EDINBURGH

23)  Literature, Currer Bell, Ellis Bell and Acton Bell were the pen names of which three literary sisters? BRONTE SISTERS

24)  Which New York City thoroughfare is synonymous with theatres and musicals? BROADWAY

25)  ♪♫ While I'm far away from you my baby
           I know it's hard for you my baby
           Because it's hard for me my baby
           And the darkest hour is just before dawn♪♫

From what Mamas and Papas hit are those the opening lines?

GOD ONLY KNOWS


ACTORS AND ACTRESSES BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Which knighted British actor played the valet Hobson to Dudley Moore’s character Arthur Bach in the 1981 film ‘Arthur’? JOHN GIELGUD

BQ2)  Which actor played Detective Harry Callahan in the ‘Dirty Harry’ series of films. CLINT EASTWOOD

BQ3)  Which two actresses played the title roles in the 1991 film ‘Thelma and Louise’?

BQ4)  Which actor played the title role in the’Indiana Jones’ film franchise? HARRISON FORD

BQ5)  Which actor played Luke Skywalker in the ‘Star Wars’ film franchise?

STINKER)  What was the nickname attributed to the 1923 FA Cup Final played at Wembley between Bolton Wanderers and West Ham United?  
WHITE HORSE FINAL

TRICKY)  History, who was President of Egypt during the Suez Crisis in 1956?
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:45
[quote="maureen"] 1 Carley Simon
2 Ben Nevis
3 Flowerpot men
4Crocodile Dundee
5 Green
7 Sett
10 Westminster Abbey
11 Mary Poppins
12 Alton towers
14 Tesco
15 Casablanca
17 The Police
18 Scapula
19 Beethoven
21 Spain
22 Edinburgh
23 The brontes
24 42nd St
25Dedicated to the one I love

Bq1 John Geilgud
2 Michael Caine
4 Harrison Ford

Tricky..Nasser

Evening Mo.

A most excellent 22 correct, very well done.

Glad to see you got your password sorted    




Last edited by raymyjamie on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:50; edited 2 times in total
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:47
@Gassey wrote:
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
It’s Friday night again!!!!!!!
Come on down to the Reject’s Bar.
Get comfy with your favourite drink.
Enjoy the quiz.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz   26-10-18

1)  Who had a 1972 hit with 'You're So Vain'?  CARLY. SIMON

2)  Geography, what is the highest mountain in Great Britain?  BEN NEVIS

3)  TV, what was the name of the children’s TV series that first aired in 1952 and included the characters Bill and Ben and 'Little Weed'?THE FLOWER MEN

4)  Film, Paul Hogan and Linda Koslowski starred in what 1986 movie set in Australia and New York?   CROCODILE DUNDEE

5)  According to the popular English proverb, what colour cheese is the moon made out of?  GREEN

6)  Food and drink, Wiener Schnitzel, the national dish of Austria, uses what type of meat?  LAMB

7)  Science, what is the common name for the home of a badger?  SETT

8 )  Which European car company are known for their models ‘Stelvio, Giulia and Giulietta’?  RENAULT

9)  Sport, which English striker scored six goals at the 2018 World Cup Finals?    HARRY KANE

10)  History, since 1066, the coronations of all British monarchs have taken place at which building?WESTMINSTER ABBEY

11)  From which 1964 film musical does the song "Feed the Birds" come?    MARY POPPINS

12)  At which British theme park might you find Oblivion and Nemesis?
ALTON TOWERS

13)  Literature, which Charles Dicken's novel features the characters Philip 'Pip' Pirrip, Miss Havisham and Abel Magwich?  GREAT EXPECTATIONS

14)  Which British supermarket chain was originally founded by Jack Cohen in 1919?  SAINSBURYS

15)  Film, from which 1942 film does the quote "Here's looking at you kid" come?   CASABLANCA

16)  TV, what is the name of the cafe in Coronation Street?  ROY'S ROLLS

17)  Which British group topped the UK charts twice in 1979 with the singles "Message in a Bottle" and "Walking on the Moon"?  THE POLICE

18)  Science, what is the medical term for the shoulder blade?SCAPULA

19)  Classical music, who composed The Piano Sonata No. 14, commonly known as the Moonlight Sonata,  STRAUSS

20)  History, Boudicca / Boadicea was queen of which historic British Celtic tribe of Britain ?  ICINI

21)  Food and drink, in which country is Rioja wine  produced?  SPAIN

22)  Geography, where in Scotland would you find Holyrood Palace?EDINBURGH

23)  Literature, Currer Bell, Ellis Bell and Acton Bell were the pen names of which three literary sisters?   BRONTE SISTERS

24)  Which New York City thoroughfare is synonymous with theatres and musicals?   BROADWAY

25)  ♪♫ While I'm far away from you my baby
           I know it's hard for you my baby
           Because it's hard for me my baby
           And the darkest hour is just before dawn♪♫

From what Mamas and Papas hit are those the opening lines?

GOD ONLY KNOWS


ACTORS AND ACTRESSES BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Which knighted British actor played the valet Hobson to Dudley Moore’s character Arthur Bach in the 1981 film ‘Arthur’?  JOHN GIELGUD

BQ2)  Which actor played Detective Harry Callahan in the ‘Dirty Harry’ series of films.  CLINT  EASTWOOD

BQ3)  Which two actresses played the title roles in the 1991 film ‘Thelma and Louise’?

BQ4)  Which actor played the title role in the’Indiana Jones’ film franchise?  HARRISON FORD

BQ5)  Which actor played Luke Skywalker in the ‘Star Wars’ film franchise?

STINKER)  What was the nickname attributed to the 1923 FA Cup Final played at Wembley between Bolton Wanderers and West Ham United?  
WHITE HORSE FINAL

TRICKY)  History, who was President of Egypt during the Suez Crisis in 1956?

Evening Gassey.

A really super 24 correct, well done.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:52
@weatherwax wrote:Thank RMJ, Bit Wobbley, but getting better every day. Smile

Good to hear that WW.

It would seem the lurgy hasn't affected your brain LOL Very Happy
avatar
maureen
Posts : 3002
Join date : 2014-07-28
Location : Wigan

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:58
Thanks Ray for your hard work,glad I could make it..as usual MrsA sorted me,but still not sorted on WW though..still waiting.
avatar
Gassey
Posts : 1844
Join date : 2016-10-18
Age : 65
Location : Pemberton

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:59
Evening Ray , another night of
Bamboozlement , thanks yet
again for Friday's entertainment
avatar
weatherwax
Posts : 4302
Join date : 2013-12-09
Age : 68
Location : Southport

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 20:59
Strangely enough, I know I get fed up sometimes with health problems. (I really should say Frustrated, not fed up) After a pretty healthy life up to retirement, but I can put up with it, and make the best of it, The thing that really, really scares me is if I started to lose my mental faculties. The thought of that really terrifies me.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 21:00
@Gassey wrote:Evening Ray , another night of
Bamboozlement , thanks yet
again for Friday's entertainment

Thanks Gassey, very well played tonight.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 21:01
@maureen wrote:Thanks Ray for your hard work,glad I could make it..as usual MrsA sorted me,but still not sorted on WW though..still waiting.

Thanks Mo, glad you got sorted.

Very well played indeed tonight.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 21:04
@weatherwax wrote:Strangely enough, I know I get fed up sometimes with health problems. (I really should say Frustrated, not fed up) After a pretty healthy life up to retirement, but I can put up with it, and make the best of it, The thing that really, really scares me is if I started to lose my mental faculties. The thought of that really terrifies me.

I know what you mean, losing my marbles is my worst fear.

I hope that doing the quiz on Friday will keep all our brains in fettle.
avatar
weatherwax
Posts : 4302
Join date : 2013-12-09
Age : 68
Location : Southport

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 21:09
Too true RMJ. Many thanks for this Weeks brain workout.

                                                                           
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 13647
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

on Fri Oct 26 2018, 21:10
Thank you, you're very welcome WW
Sponsored content

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 26-10-18

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum