Share
Go down
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 14146
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:00
A very good Friday Evening to all you lovely Rejects.
It’s Friday night once more.
Come on down to The Reject’s Bar.
Order your favourite tipple.
Let’s have a crackin’ quiz.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

1) Who had a 1964 hit with ‘5 4 3 2 1’?

2) Geography, Great Barrier Reef lies off the coast of which country?

3) TV, who was the original twirling hostess of ‘The Generation Game’?

4) Film, based on a Jules Verne novel, in the 1956 film, how many days did it take Phileas Fogg to go "Around the World"?

5) Which 1960’s model was know as ?The Shrimp??

6) Food and drink, what meat is used in a traditional Lancashire Hop Pot?

7) Science, what was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969?

8 ) Which car company uses the advertising slogan 'Vorsprung Durch Technik'?

9) Sport, Murrayfield Stadium is in which British city?

10) History, what was the name of the naval fleet that launched an attack on England in May 1588?

11) What is the name of the 1967 film musical starring Tommy Steele and Julia Foster that was based on the HG Wells' novel ‘Kipps’?

12) Who traditionally wears the ‘Fisherman's Ring’?

13) Literature, which fictional character, created by Mary Shelley, had the first name of Viktor?

14) In terms of mental faculties, what the acronym does IQ stand for?

15) Film, which actress played the title role in the 1989 film ‘Shirley Valentine’?

16) TV, “Who loves ya, baby” was a catchphrase of which lollipop-sucking detective?

17) Who had a number one hit in 1983 with the old Supremes hit ‘You Can't Hurry Love’?

18) Science, who published his theories of Special and General Relativities between 1905 and 1916?

19) Classical music, composed in 1741, which German born composer wrote the music for the Oratorio ‘The Messiah’?

20) History, who was the second wife of Henry 8th and the Mother of Elizabeth I?

21) Food and drink, Wiener Schnitzel, the national dish of Austria, uses what type of meat?

22) Geography, how was the island of Sri Lanka formerly known?

23) Literature, who wrote the classic book “The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde”?

24) Which number in bingo is referred to by the phrase 'two fat ladies'?

25) ♪♫Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams
You're always near to me♪♫

From what song are those the opening lines?+


FR*NCH BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) Who is the current President of Fr*nce?

BQ2) What is the name of the ‘new’ red wine that is rushed to the shelves in November each year?

BQ3) What underground delicacy do the Fr*nch seek out with pigs and sometimes dogs?

BQ4 In what year was The Fr*nch Revolution?
1 1789
2 1884
3 1654
4 1901

BQ5) Which French newspaper's title translates to 'The World' in English?

STINKER) Famous for his visual art movement known as ‘Pop Art’, which artist’s studio was known as ‘The Factory’?

TRICKY) Which four British cities have underground rail systems?
avatar
Corky Ringspot
Posts : 53303
Join date : 2013-12-04
Location : Up a nick in Russia

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:10


1)  Who had a 1964 hit with ‘5 4 3 2 1’? Manfred Mann

2)  Geography, Great Barrier Reef lies off the coast of which country? Australia

3)  TV, who was the original twirling hostess of ‘The Generation Game’? Anthea Redfern

4)  Film, based on a Jules Verne novel, in the 1956 film, how many days did it take Phileas Fogg to go "Around the World"?   80

5)  Which 1960’s model was know as ?The Shrimp?? Jean shrimpton

6)  Food and drink, what meat is used in a traditional Lancashire Hop Pot? Mutton

7)  Science, what was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969? Apollo 9

8 )  Which car company uses the advertising slogan 'Vorsprung Durch Technik'? Audi

9)  Sport, Murrayfield Stadium is in which British city? Glasgow

10)  History, what was the name of the naval fleet that launched an attack on England in May 1588? Spanish Armada

11)  What is the name of the 1967 film musical starring Tommy Steele and Julia Foster that was based on the HG Wells' novel ‘Kipps’? Once Upon A Sixpence

12)  Who traditionally wears the ‘Fisherman's Ring’? The Pope

13)  Literature, which fictional character, created by Mary Shelley, had the first name of Viktor? Frankenstein

14)  In terms of mental faculties, what the acronym does IQ stand for? Intelligence Quotient

15)  Film, which actress played the title role in the 1989 film ‘Shirley Valentine’? Pauline Collins

16)  TV, “Who loves ya, baby” was a catchphrase of which lollipop-sucking detective? Kojak

17)  Who had a number one hit in 1983 with the old Supremes hit ‘You Can't Hurry Love’? ???????/

18)  Science, who published his theories of Special and General Relativities between 1905 and 1916? Einstein

19)  Classical music, composed in 1741, which German born composer wrote the music for the Oratorio ‘The Messiah’? Handel

20)  History, who was the second wife of Henry 8th and the Mother of Elizabeth I? Anne Boeylin

21)  Food and drink, Wiener Schnitzel, the national dish of Austria, uses what type of meat?     Pork   

22)  Geography, how was the island of Sri Lanka formerly known? Ceylon

23) Literature, who wrote the classic book “The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde”? RL Stevenson

24)  Which number in bingo is referred to by the phrase 'two fat ladies'? 88

25)  ♪♫Lonely days are long
           Twilight sings a song
           All the happiness that used to be

            Soon my eyes will close
            Soon I'll find repose
            And in dreams
            You're always near to me♪♫

From what song are those the opening lines?+


FR*NCH BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Who is the current President of Fr*nce? President Macron

BQ2)  What is the name of the ‘new’ red wine that is rushed to the shelves in November each year? Nouveau Sauvignon

BQ3)  What underground delicacy do the Fr*nch seek out with pigs and sometimes dogs? Truffles

BQ4   In what year was The Fr*nch Revolution? 1789
1 1789
2 1884
3 1654
4 1901

BQ5)  Which French newspaper's title translates to 'The World' in English? La Monde

STINKER)  Famous for his visual art movement known as ‘Pop Art’, which artist’s studio was known as ‘The Factory’? Andy Warhol

TRICKY)  Which four British cities have underground rail systems? London Newcastle Liverpool Glasgow



Thanks again Ray. Another belter.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 14146
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:12
@Corky Ringspot wrote:

1)  Who had a 1964 hit with ‘5 4 3 2 1’?     Manfred Mann

2)  Geography, Great Barrier Reef lies off the coast of which country?    Australia

3)  TV, who was the original twirling hostess of ‘The Generation Game’?    Anthea Redfern

4)  Film, based on a Jules Verne novel, in the 1956 film, how many days did it take Phileas Fogg to go "Around the World"?    80

5)  Which 1960’s model was know as ?The Shrimp??   Jean shrimpton

6)  Food and drink, what meat is used in a traditional Lancashire Hop Pot?   Mutton

7)  Science, what was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969?  Apollo 9

8 )  Which car company uses the advertising slogan 'Vorsprung Durch Technik'?   Audi

9)  Sport, Murrayfield Stadium is in which British city?    Glasgow

10)  History, what was the name of the naval fleet that launched an attack on England in May 1588?   Spanish Armada

11)  What is the name of the 1967 film musical starring Tommy Steele and Julia Foster that was based on the HG Wells' novel ‘Kipps’?   Once Upon A Sixpence

12)  Who traditionally wears the ‘Fisherman's Ring’?  The Pope

13)  Literature, which fictional character, created by Mary Shelley, had the first name of Viktor?  Frankenstein

14)  In terms of mental faculties, what the acronym does IQ stand for?   Intelligence Quotient

15)  Film, which actress played the title role in the 1989 film ‘Shirley Valentine’?  Pauline Collins

16)  TV, “Who loves ya, baby” was a catchphrase of which lollipop-sucking detective?  Kojak

17)  Who had a number one hit in 1983 with the old Supremes hit ‘You Can't Hurry Love’?    ???????/

18)  Science, who published his theories of Special and General Relativities between 1905 and 1916?  Einstein

19)  Classical music, composed in 1741, which German born composer wrote the music for the Oratorio ‘The Messiah’?   Handel

20)  History, who was the second wife of Henry 8th and the Mother of Elizabeth I?  Anne Boeylin

21)  Food and drink, Wiener Schnitzel, the national dish of Austria, uses what type of meat?     Pork   

22)  Geography, how was the island of Sri Lanka formerly known?   Ceylon

23) Literature, who wrote the classic book “The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde”?  RL Stevenson

24)  Which number in bingo is referred to by the phrase 'two fat ladies'?  88

25)  ♪♫Lonely days are long
           Twilight sings a song
           All the happiness that used to be

            Soon my eyes will close
            Soon I'll find repose
            And in dreams
            You're always near to me♪♫

From what song are those the opening lines?+


FR*NCH BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Who is the current President of Fr*nce?   President Macron

BQ2)  What is the name of the ‘new’ red wine that is rushed to the shelves in November each year?  Nouveau  Sauvignon

BQ3)  What underground delicacy do the Fr*nch seek out with pigs and sometimes dogs?  Truffles

BQ4   In what year was The Fr*nch Revolution?    1789
1 1789
2 1884
3 1654
4 1901

BQ5)  Which French newspaper's title translates to 'The World' in English?   La Monde

STINKER)  Famous for his visual art movement known as ‘Pop Art’, which artist’s studio was known as ‘The Factory’?   Andy Warhol

TRICKY)  Which four British cities have underground rail systems?    London  Newcastle  Liverpool  Glasgow



Thanks again Ray.  Another belter.  

A cracking 25 correct Mester C, very well done.
avatar
maureen
Posts : 3107
Join date : 2014-07-28
Location : Wigan

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:23
1 Manfred Mann
2 Australia
3 Anthea Redfern
4 Eighty
5 Jean Redfern
6 Lamb or mutton
12 The Pope
14 Dracula
14 Intelligence Qoutia
15 Pauline Collins
16 Kojak
17 Phil Collins
19 Handel
21 Veal
22 Ceylon
23 Robert Louis Stevenson
24 ..88
Bq1Macron
2 Prosecco
3 Truffles

Stinker Andy Warhol
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 14146
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:26
@maureen wrote:1 Manfred Mann
2 Australia
3 Anthea Redfern
4 Eighty
5 Jean Redfern
6 Lamb or mutton
12 The Pope
14 Dracula
14 Intelligence Qoutia
15 Pauline Collins
16 Kojak
17 Phil Collins
19 Handel
21 Veal
22 Ceylon
23 Robert Louis Stevenson
24 ..88
Bq1Macron
2 Prosecco
3 Truffles

Stinker Andy Warhol
0

Evening Mo.

An excellent 19 correct, very well done.


Last edited by raymyjamie on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:46; edited 1 time in total
avatar
AWP1983
Posts : 125
Join date : 2017-06-20
Age : 35
Location : Newtown

Re: Friday Night Pub Quiz

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:26
2) Australia
4) 80 days
6) Lamb?
7) Apollo 11
8 ) Audi
10) The Spanish Armada
12) The Pope
13) Dr Frankenstein
14) Intelligence Quotient
16) Kojak
18) Albert Einstein
19) Handel
20) Anne Boleyn
21) Veal?
22) Ceylon
23) Robert Louis Stevenson
24) 88

BQ1) Emmanuel Macron
BQ3) Truffles
BQ4) 1789
BQ5) Le Monde


Tricky - London, Glasgow, Newcastle, Liverpool
avatar
jo anne
Posts : 3905
Join date : 2015-06-04

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:28
Evening, Ray Smile

1)
2) Australia
3) anthea redfern
4) 80
5) jean shrimpton
6) lamb
7) apollo
8 ) Audi
9)
10) Spanish Armada
11) half a sixpence
12) pope
13) dr Frankenstein
14) intelligence quotient
15) Pauline Collins
16) kojak
17) Phil Collins
18) Einstein
19) Handel
20) Anne Boleyn
21) veal
22)
23)
24) 88
25)

BQ1) macron
BQ2)
BQ3) truffles
BQ4 I2 1884

BQ5)
STINKER) Andy Warhol
TRICKY) Liverpool London
avatar
weatherwax
Posts : 4324
Join date : 2013-12-09
Age : 68
Location : Southport

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:30
1. Manfred Mann
2. Australia
3. Anthea Redfern ????
4. 80
5. Jean Shrimpton
6. Neck of Lamb
7. Apollo 11
8. Audi
9.
10. The Spanish Armada
11. Half A Sixpence
12. The Pope
13. Frankenstein
14. Intelligence Quotient
15. Pauline Collins
16. Kojack
17. Phil Collins
18. Albert Einstein
19. Handel
20. Ann Bolyn
21. Veal
22. Ceylon
23. Robert Louis Stevenson
24. 88
25. I'll See You In My Dreams

Bonus Questions.
1. Macron
2. Beaujolaise Neuveau   (Spellage, I don't write French)
3. Truffles
4. 1789
5. Le Monde

Stinker:= Andy Warhol
Tricky:= London, Liverpool, Glasgow and Newcastle.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 14146
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:32
@AWP1983 wrote:2) Australia
4) 80 days
6) Lamb?
7) Apollo 11
8 ) Audi
10) The Spanish Armada
12) The Pope
13) Dr Frankenstein
14) Intelligence Quotient
16) Kojak
18) Albert Einstein
19) Handel
20) Anne Boleyn
21) Veal?
22) Ceylon
23) Robert Louis Stevenson
24) 88

BQ1) Emmanuel Macron
BQ3) Truffles
BQ4) 1789
BQ5) Le Monde


Tricky - London, Glasgow, Newcastle, Liverpool

Evening AWP.

A most excellent 22 correct, well done indeed.
avatar
Lima Lima
Posts : 1385
Join date : 2014-01-25
Age : 44

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:34
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good Friday Evening to all you lovely Rejects.
It’s Friday night once more.
Come on down to The Reject’s Bar.
Order your favourite tipple.
Let’s have a crackin’ quiz.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

1)  Who had a 1964 hit with ‘5 4 3 2 1’? Manfred Man

2)  Geography, Great Barrier Reef lies off the coast of which country? Australia

3)  TV, who was the original twirling hostess of ‘The Generation Game’? Isla st Clare?

4)  Film, based on a Jules Verne novel, in the 1956 film, how many days did it take Phileas Fogg to go "Around the World"?  80

5)  Which 1960’s model was know as ?The Shrimp?? Twiggy?

6)  Food and drink, what meat is used in a traditional Lancashire Hop Pot? Lamb

7)  Science, what was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969? Apollo 11

8 )  Which car company uses the advertising slogan 'Vorsprung Durch Technik'? Audi

9)  Sport, Murrayfield Stadium is in which British city? Edinburgh

10)  History, what was the name of the naval fleet that launched an attack on England in May 1588? Spanish Armada

11)  What is the name of the 1967 film musical starring Tommy Steele and Julia Foster that was based on the HG Wells' novel ‘Kipps’? Half a sixpence?

12)  Who traditionally wears the ‘Fisherman's Ring’? The pope?

13)  Literature, which fictional character, created by Mary Shelley, had the first name of Viktor? Frankenstein?

14)  In terms of mental faculties, what the acronym does IQ stand for? Intelligence quotient?

15)  Film, which actress played the title role in the 1989 film ‘Shirley Valentine’? Sally field?

16)  TV, “Who loves ya, baby” was a catchphrase of which lollipop-sucking detective? Kojak

17)  Who had a number one hit in 1983 with the old Supremes hit ‘You Can't Hurry Love’? Phil Collins

18)  Science, who published his theories of Special and General Relativities between 1905 and 1916? Einstein

19)  Classical music, composed in 1741, which German born composer wrote the music for the Oratorio ‘The Messiah’? Handel

20)  History, who was the second wife of Henry 8th and the Mother of Elizabeth I? Anne Boleyn

21)  Food and drink, Wiener Schnitzel, the national dish of Austria, uses what type of meat?   Veal?     

22)  Geography, how was the island of Sri Lanka formerly known? Surinam?

23) Literature, who wrote the classic book “The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde”?

24)  Which number in bingo is referred to by the phrase 'two fat ladies'? 88

25)  ♪♫Lonely days are long
           Twilight sings a song
           All the happiness that used to be

            Soon my eyes will close
            Soon I'll find repose
            And in dreams
            You're always near to me♪♫

From what song are those the opening lines?+


FR*NCH BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Who is the current President of Fr*nce? Emmanuel macron

BQ2)  What is the name of the ‘new’ red wine that is rushed to the shelves in November each year? Beaujolais

BQ3)  What underground delicacy do the Fr*nch seek out with pigs and sometimes dogs? Truffles

BQ4   In what year was The Fr*nch Revolution?
1 1789
2 1884
3 1654
4 1901
1789

BQ5)  Which French newspaper's title translates to 'The World' in English? Le monde

STINKER)  Famous for his visual art movement known as ‘Pop Art’, which artist’s studio was known as ‘The Factory’? Andy Warhol

TRICKY)  Which four British cities have underground rail systems? London, Edinburgh? Liverpool? Euro tunnel?

Some tricky ones tonight Ray.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 14146
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:34
@jo anne wrote:Evening, Ray Smile

1)
2) Australia
3) anthea redfern
4) 80
5) jean shrimpton
6) lamb
7) apollo
8 ) Audi
9)
10) Spanish Armada
11) half a sixpence
12) pope
13) dr Frankenstein
14) intelligence quotient
15) Pauline Collins
16) kojak
17) Phil Collins
18) Einstein
19) Handel
20) Anne Boleyn
21) veal
22)
23)
24) 88
25)

BQ1) macron
BQ2)
BQ3) truffles
BQ4 I2 1884

BQ5)
STINKER) Andy Warhol
TRICKY) Liverpool London half a tick

Evening Jo Anne.

A cracking 22 and a half, really well done.
avatar
AWP1983
Posts : 125
Join date : 2017-06-20
Age : 35
Location : Newtown

Re: Friday Night Pub Quiz

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:35
Thank you Ray Very Happy really pleased with my score this week.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 14146
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:37
@weatherwax wrote:1. Manfred Mann
2. Australia
3. Anthea Redfern ????
4. 80
5. Jean Shrimpton
6. Neck of Lamb
7. Apollo 11
8. Audi
9.
10. The Spanish Armada
11. Half A Sixpence
12. The Pope
13. Frankenstein
14. Intelligence Quotient
15. Pauline Collins
16. Kojack
17. Phil Collins
18. Albert Einstein
19. Handel
20. Ann Bolyn
21. Veal
22. Ceylon
23. Robert Louis Stevenson
24. 88
25. I'll See You In My Dreams

Bonus Questions.
1. Macron
2. Beaujolaise Neuveau   (Spellage, I don't write French) It's near enough
3. Truffles
4. 1789
5. Le Monde

Stinker:= Andy Warhol
Tricky:= London, Liverpool, Glasgow and Newcastle.

Evening WW.

A totally brilliant 31 correct.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 14146
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:38
@AWP1983 wrote:Thank you Ray Very Happy really pleased with my score this week.

Thank you, very well played indeed.
avatar
maureen
Posts : 3107
Join date : 2014-07-28
Location : Wigan

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:38
Thanks again Ray..but I think I got more than two correct.lol
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 14146
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:42
@Lima Lima wrote:
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good Friday Evening to all you lovely Rejects.
It’s Friday night once more.
Come on down to The Reject’s Bar.
Order your favourite tipple.
Let’s have a crackin’ quiz.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

1)  Who had a 1964 hit with ‘5 4 3 2 1’? Manfred Man

2)  Geography, Great Barrier Reef lies off the coast of which country? Australia

3)  TV, who was the original twirling hostess of ‘The Generation Game’? Isla st Clare?

4)  Film, based on a Jules Verne novel, in the 1956 film, how many days did it take Phileas Fogg to go "Around the World"?  80

5)  Which 1960’s model was know as ?The Shrimp?? Twiggy?

6)  Food and drink, what meat is used in a traditional Lancashire Hop Pot? Lamb

7)  Science, what was the name of the first manned lunar landing mission in 1969? Apollo 11

8 )  Which car company uses the advertising slogan 'Vorsprung Durch Technik'? Audi

9)  Sport, Murrayfield Stadium is in which British city? Edinburgh

10)  History, what was the name of the naval fleet that launched an attack on England in May 1588? Spanish Armada

11)  What is the name of the 1967 film musical starring Tommy Steele and Julia Foster that was based on the HG Wells' novel ‘Kipps’? Half a sixpence?

12)  Who traditionally wears the ‘Fisherman's Ring’? The pope?

13)  Literature, which fictional character, created by Mary Shelley, had the first name of Viktor? Frankenstein?

14)  In terms of mental faculties, what the acronym does IQ stand for? Intelligence quotient?

15)  Film, which actress played the title role in the 1989 film ‘Shirley Valentine’? Sally field?

16)  TV, “Who loves ya, baby” was a catchphrase of which lollipop-sucking detective? Kojak

17)  Who had a number one hit in 1983 with the old Supremes hit ‘You Can't Hurry Love’? Phil Collins

18)  Science, who published his theories of Special and General Relativities between 1905 and 1916? Einstein

19)  Classical music, composed in 1741, which German born composer wrote the music for the Oratorio ‘The Messiah’? Handel

20)  History, who was the second wife of Henry 8th and the Mother of Elizabeth I? Anne Boleyn

21)  Food and drink, Wiener Schnitzel, the national dish of Austria, uses what type of meat?   Veal?     

22)  Geography, how was the island of Sri Lanka formerly known? Surinam?

23) Literature, who wrote the classic book “The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde”?

24)  Which number in bingo is referred to by the phrase 'two fat ladies'? 88

25)  ♪♫Lonely days are long
           Twilight sings a song
           All the happiness that used to be

            Soon my eyes will close
            Soon I'll find repose
            And in dreams
            You're always near to me♪♫

From what song are those the opening lines?+


FR*NCH BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Who is the current President of Fr*nce? Emmanuel macron

BQ2)  What is the name of the ‘new’ red wine that is rushed to the shelves in November each year? Beaujolais

BQ3)  What underground delicacy do the Fr*nch seek out with pigs and sometimes dogs? Truffles

BQ4   In what year was The Fr*nch Revolution?
1 1789
2 1884
3 1654
4 1901
1789

BQ5)  Which French newspaper's title translates to 'The World' in English? Le monde

STINKER)  Famous for his visual art movement known as ‘Pop Art’, which artist’s studio was known as ‘The Factory’? Andy Warhol

TRICKY)  Which four British cities have underground rail systems? London, Edinburgh? Liverpool? Euro tunnel?   3/4 of a point

Some tricky ones tonight Ray.

Evening LL.

I make that an impressive 25 and 3/4 correct, well done.


Last edited by raymyjamie on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:43; edited 1 time in total
avatar
weatherwax
Posts : 4324
Join date : 2013-12-09
Age : 68
Location : Southport

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:42
I agree Maureen! I was just going to ask about that, Laughing Laughing
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 14146
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:44
@maureen wrote:Thanks again Ray..but I think I got more than two correct.lol

Cheers Our Mo.

Very well quizzed indeed
avatar
jo anne
Posts : 3905
Join date : 2015-06-04

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:46
Thanks, Ray Smile
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 14146
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:48
@maureen wrote:Thanks again Ray..but I think I got more than two correct.lol

What a twonk am I LOL Embarassed Very Happy

I've corrected it.
avatar
maureen
Posts : 3107
Join date : 2014-07-28
Location : Wigan

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:48
Ta Weatherwax..I didn't do as well as I normally do on Wednesdays Cryptics quiz, I was beginning to think I was cracking up.LOL.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 14146
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:48
@jo anne wrote:Thanks, Ray Smile

Cheers JA, very well played.
avatar
weatherwax
Posts : 4324
Join date : 2013-12-09
Age : 68
Location : Southport

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:52
  There seemed to be a lot of repeat questions on tonight RMJ, and I know that "Theres Nowt Wrong With Repeats" But the answers were there in my mind, and I don't think I would have done nearly as well with different questions.  Laughing Laughing Laughing
avatar
maureen
Posts : 3107
Join date : 2014-07-28
Location : Wigan

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:53
Thanks again Ray,.youre a cracker.
avatar
raymyjamie
Posts : 14146
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

on Fri 30 Nov 2018, 20:54
Cheers Our Mo
Sponsored content

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 30-11-18

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum