Mac
Mac

Marc Bolan

on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:04 pm
made up words

Turned out to be a brill song!

Re: Marc Bolan

on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:35 pm
Ride a White Swan, like the people in Biafra!
Mac
Mac

on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:40 pm
He did like to make lines us..Where the f*ck is the belgees?

To be fair he was a good singer.

on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:04 am
I liked Bolan from the off (Tyrannosaurus Rex days) so much so I now possess a large collection of his albums and singles, some worth quite a lot of money now. Saw T. Rex several times, I have some photos in the attic somewhere of him on stage. He was heavily influenced by Tolkien in his early music hence the Beltane and weird creatures in his songs.

The word is Beltane, an ancient summer festival it's still celebrated.

♫♫♫ Ride a white swan like the people of the Beltane

Wear your hair long, babe you can't go wrong ♫♫♫

His death was not caused by the Mini hitting the tree but by the eye bolt on the crash barrier, his head hit the bolt when the car went off the road and took him out instantly no other marks were found on his body, the tree merely stopped the car from going further down the embankment. It's now a shrine. The undertaker who saw to his funeral kept the red jumpsuit (still with blood on) he was wearing for many years and tried to sell it, Bolan's brother, Harry, was informed about this and went to get it back, he then burned it in his garden. Not long ago the wheels from the Mini was put up for auction but they were made to withdraw them.
Joseph
Joseph

on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:08 am
Joseph
Joseph

on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:25 am
It was 1987 when the undertaker Larry Mitchell tried to auction his clothes. Forgot to say within an hour of him being killed his house was emptied by persons unknown, guitars, tapes and all his clothes all went even his Mrs's underwear was taken. No sign of forced entry was found someone had let themselves in and removed the belongings, his money was in an offshore account called Wizard in the Bahamas roughly about 20 to 30 million and is still locked in there because no one knows who beneficiaries are, his Mrs and son are in a legal battle to get it back. Bowie set up a trust fund for his son after his death to keep them going for a while.
Mac
Mac

on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:24 pm
Wow. Good info there.

on Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:08 pm
Most welcome, that was another lifetime ago for me. He was the only rock star who made it happen for himself and was bigger than the Beatles at the time, sadly he started to believe in his own hype fuelled by the fame brandy and cocaine. He knew he wouldn't live long and said so on many occasions. I liked him.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum