Go down
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

WR Crackin’ Christmas Quiz 2018

on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:00 pm
A Very Good Evening to you Rejects.
Tonight it is The Wigan Rejects Crackin’ Christmas Quiz 2018.
There are 10 Christmas questions.
Then 10 ‘what happened in 2018’ questions
Then 10 ‘Gone but not forgotten’ questions.
Finally 10 general knowledge questions plus a STINKER and TRICKY.

I am leaving the Quiz "open" over the festive period and will post the answers in a weeks time (give or take).
You can do the quiz all in one go, or have several posts over the holidays.
If you want to be the ‘Quizmaster’ with your family and friends, I can supply the answers.
Just PM me and I will PM the answers back.

I won’t mark the quiz, there are too many questions for me to keep track of.

May I take this opportunity to wish all you Wigan Rejects and your families a Very Happy Christmas and a Prosperous and Peaceful New Year.

This is to say a very special thanks to Admin and Mac who work extremely hard to make this site the fantastic place it is.
Thank you from all of us.

The regular "Friday Night Pub Quiz" will return on January 4th in the New Year.

Enjoy the Quiz.

WIGAN REJECTS CRACKIN’ CHRISTMAS QUIZ 2018

CHRISTMAS QUESTIONS

1)   ♪♫So this Christmas
          And what have you done?
          Another year over
          And a new one just begun♪♫

To which 1972 John Lennon / Yoko Ono / Plastic Ono Band song are those the opening lines?

2)  Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar are the names of which Christmas group?

3)  "Good King Wenceslas looked out on the feast of Stephan", in which country was Wenceslas King ?

4)  What is the star sign of someone born on Christmas day?

5)  Which country gives us the Christmas tree that is decorated in Trafalgar Square in London?

6)  The names of which two of Santa's reindeer mean "Thunder' and 'Lightning"?

7)  In Charles Dicken’s ‘A Christmas Carol’, what was the first thing that Scrooge purchased after his change of heart?

8 )  What does Cinderella's Fairy Godmother turn into a coach?

9)  In the song `The Twelve Days Of Christmas`, what did my true love give to me on the 12th day?

10)  TV, which duo dressed as Batman and Robin in their 1996 TV Christmas special?    

2018 QUESTIONS

All the questions are about events of 2018

11)  In February, which high street fast food chain was forced to close many of its branches following delivery problems causing a lack of chicken?

12)  In March, Former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia Skripal are poisoned by nerve agent in which UK city?

13)  In May, at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest held in Lisbon, which country won?

14)  In June, women were officially allowed to drive in which Middle East country (the last in the world to do so)?

15)  In July, who won the men’s singles Wimbledon final?

16)  In July, twelve boys and their football coach are successfully rescued from the flooded Tam Luang Nang Non Cave in what country?

17)  In August, which Former Scottish First Minister  resigned from the Scottish National Party amid sexual abuse allegations?

18 )  In October, which Commonwealth country legalised the use of cannabis, becoming the second country in the World to do so?

19)  In November, in which US state were there the deadliest and most destructive wildfires which caused 88 deaths and 18,804 buildings destroyed?

20)  The December, protests in France by the Gilet Jaunes (Yellow Vests) are due to the rise in what tax?

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN QUESTIONS

People who sadly passed away in 2018

21)  Which comedy actress died in January aged 80, she was famous for playing Blunderwoman opposite Russ Abbot’s Cooperman?

22)  Actor Peter Wyngarde died in January 2018 at the age of 90, he was best known for playing the role of which TV sleuth?

23)  Comedy actress Emma Chambers sadly passed away in February, can you give the first name of the lovable character she played in The Vicar Of Dibley?

24)  British/American actor John Mahoney passed away in February, in which US sitcom did he play Martin Crane?

25)  Which famous Liverpool comedian died at Knotty Ash in March?

26)  Name this English stand-up comedian and television personality, he was the long-time host of the ITV game show Bullseye, who died in March.

27)  Who was the five times World Darts Champion, nicknamed the ‘Crafty Cockney’ who died in April?

28)  Name this actor who died in June who became famous playing the landlord of the Queen Vic. In BBC’s ‘Eastenders’ in the 1980’s?

29)  Name one half of a comedy ‘Brothers’ duo who’s catchphrase was “To me to you”., who died in August.

30)  Name one half of cockney singing duo whose hits included ‘The Sideboard Song and Rabbit’ who died in September

GENERAL KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS

31)  Who had a 1963 hit with “The Night Has A Thousand Eyes”?

32)  Geography, where in the UK would you find Harrison Stickle and Pike O’ Stickle?
There is a very specific answer, a specific answer and a general (county) answer, I’ll accept any.

33) Film, what were the names of the two rival gangs in the 1961 film musical ‘West Side Story’?

34)  TV, in the sitcom ‘Father Ted’, what is the name of the offensively rambunctious priest who usually shouts "feck, arse!, drink” and "girls"?

35)  Science, what is the most common element in the Universe?

36)  History, who did Henry Morton Stanley meet at Ujiji near Lake Tanganyka on 10th November 1871?

37)  The term ‘BHP’ is used when describing the power of a motor vehicle; for what does it stand?

38)  Sport, of which football club is the TV chef Delia Smith a majority shareholder?

39)  Food and drink, what type of meat is ‘Scrag End’?

40)  ‘Tynwald’ is the name of the Legislature (Parliament) of where?

STINKER)  Lying 99 miles North of Hadrian’s Wall, and built under the orders of the Roman Emperor Antoninus Pius, what was the name of the 39 mile long Roman fortification completed in 154AD, made of turf and stone, which stretched from the Firth of Clyde to the Firth of Forth?, a clue is in the Emperor’s name.

TRICKY)  What is the room number feared in George Orwell’s book ‘1984’?
Corky Ringspot
Corky Ringspot

Re: WR Crackin’ Christmas Quiz 2018

on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:14 pm

CHRISTMAS QUESTIONS

1)   ♪♫So this Christmas
          And what have you done?
          Another year over

To which 1972 John Lennon / Yoko Ono / Plastic Ono Band song are those the opening lines?  Happy Chritmas war is over

2)  Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar are the names of which Christmas group?  Magi 3 wise men

3)  "Good King Wenceslas looked out on the feast of Stephan", in which country was Wenceslas King ? Portugal

4)  What is the star sign of someone born on Christmas day? Capricorn

5)  Which country gives us the Christmas tree that is decorated in Trafalgar Square in London?  Norway

6)  The names of which two of Santa's reindeer mean "Thunder' and 'Lightning"?  Donner & Blitzen

7)  In Charles Dicken’s ‘A Christmas Carol’, what was the first thing that Scrooge purchased after his change of heart?    Turkey

8 )  What does Cinderella's Fairy Godmother turn into a coach? Pumpkin

9)  In the song `The Twelve Days Of Christmas`, what did my true love give to me on the 12th day?  Ladies dancing

10)  TV, which duo dressed as Batman and Robin in their 1996 TV Christmas special?     Trotter brothers

2018 QUESTIONS

11)  In February, which high street fast food chain was forced to close many of its branches following delivery problems causing a lack of chicken?    KFC

12)  In March, Former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia Skripal are poisoned by nerve agent in which UK city?   Salisbury

13)  In May, at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest held in Lisbon, which country won?  ????

14)  In June, women were officially allowed to drive in which Middle East country (the last in the world to do so)?  Saudi Arabia

15)  In July, who won the men’s singles Wimbledon final?  ??????

16)  In July, twelve boys and their football coach are successfully rescued from the flooded Tam Luang Nang Non Cave in what country?   Thailand

17)  In August, which Former Scottish First Minister  resigned from the Scottish National Party amid sexual abuse allegations?  Alex Salmond

18 )  In October, which Commonwealth country legalised the use of cannabis, becoming the second country in the World to do so?   Canada

19)  In November, in which US state were there the deadliest and most destructive wildfires which caused 88 deaths and 18,804 buildings destroyed?  ????????

20)  The December, protests in France by the Gilet Jaunes (Yellow Vests) are due to the rise in what tax? Food

21)  Which comedy actress died in January aged 80, she was famous for playing Blunderwoman opposite Russ Abbot’s Cooperman?  Bella Emberg

22)  Actor Peter Wyngarde died in January 2018 at the age of 90, he was best known for playing the role of which TV sleuth?   Jason King

23)  Comedy actress Emma Chambers sadly passed away in February, can you give the first name of the lovable character she played in The Vicar Of Dibley? Alice Tinker

24)  British/American actor John Mahoney passed away in February, in which US sitcom did he play Martin Crane?  Frasier

25)  Which famous Liverpool comedian died at Knotty Ash in March?  Sir Doddy

26)  Name this English stand-up comedian and television personality, he was the long-time host of the ITV game show Bullseye, who died in March.   Jim Bowen

27)  Who was the five times World Darts Champion, nicknamed the ‘Crafty Cockney’ who died in April?  Eric Bristow

28)  Name this actor who died in June who became famous playing the landlord of the Queen Vic. In BBC’s ‘Eastenders’ in the 1980’s?

29)  Name one half of a comedy ‘Brothers’ duo who’s catchphrase was “To me to you”., who died in August.  Barry Chuckle

30)  Name one half of cockney singing duo whose hits included ‘The Sideboard Song and Rabbit’ who died in September  Dave

31)  Who had a 1963 hit with “The Night Has A Thousand Eyes”?  Del Shannon

32)  Geography, where in the UK would you find Harrison Stickle and Pike O’ Stickle?
There is a very specific answer, a specific answer and a general (county) answer, I’ll accept any.??

33) Film, what were the names of the two rival gangs in the 1961 film musical ‘West Side Story’?  Sharks & Jets

34)  TV, in the sitcom ‘Father Ted’, what is the name of the offensively rambunctious priest who usually shouts "feck, arse!, drink” and "girls"?   Jack Hacket

35)  Science, what is the most common element in the Universe?  Carbon

36)  History, who did Henry Morton Stanley meet at Ujiji near Lake Tanganyka on 10th November 1871?  Dr Livingstone

37)  The term ‘BHP’ is used when describing the power of a motor vehicle; for what does it stand?  Brake Horse Power

38)  Sport, of which football club is the TV chef Delia Smith a majority shareholder?  Norwich City

39)  Food and drink, what type of meat is ‘Scrag End’?  Lamb

40)  ‘Tynwald’ is the name of the Legislature (Parliament) of where?  Isle Of Man

STINKER)  Lying 99 miles North of Hadrian’s Wall, and built under the orders of the Roman Emperor Antoninus Pius, what was the name of the 39 mile long Roman fortification completed in 154AD, made of turf and stone, which stretched from the Firth of Clyde to the Firth of Forth?, a clue is in the Emperor’s name.   Antonine way

TRICKY)  What is the room number feared in George Orwell’s book ‘1984’?     101

Last edited by Corky Ringspot on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed the Vicar of Dibley one.)
Gassey
Gassey

on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:19 pm
@raymyjamie wrote:A Very Good Evening to you Rejects.
Tonight it is The Wigan Rejects Crackin’ Christmas Quiz 2018.
There are 10 Christmas questions.
Then 10 ‘what happened in 2018’ questions
Then 10 ‘Gone but not forgotten’ questions.
Finally 10 general knowledge questions plus a STINKER and TRICKY.

I am leaving the Quiz "open" over the festive period and will post the answers in a weeks time (give or take).
You can do the quiz all in one go, or have several posts over the holidays.
If you want to be the ‘Quizmaster’ with your family and friends, I can supply the answers.
Just PM me and I will PM the answers back.

I won’t mark the quiz, there are too many questions for me to keep track of.

May I take this opportunity to wish all you Wigan Rejects and your families a Very Happy Christmas and a Prosperous and Peaceful New Year.

This is to say a very special thanks to Admin and Mac who work extremely hard to make this site the fantastic place it is.
Thank you from all of us.

The regular "Friday Night Pub Quiz" will return on January 4th in the New Year.

Enjoy the Quiz.

CHRISTMAS QUESTIONS

1)   ♪♫So this Christmas
          And what have you done?
          Another year over

To which 1972 John Lennon / Yoko Ono / Plastic Ono Band song are those the opening lines? MERRY CHRISTMAS WAR IS OVER

2)  Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar are the names of which Christmas group? THE THREE KINGS

3)  "Good King Wenceslas looked out on the feast of Stephan", in which country was Wenceslas King ? BOHEMIA

4)  What is the star sign of someone born on Christmas day?CAPRICORN

5)  Which country gives us the Christmas tree that is decorated in Trafalgar Square in London? NORWAY

6)  The names of which two of Santa's reindeer mean "Thunder' and 'Lightning"? DONNER UND BLITZEN.

7)  In Charles Dicken’s ‘A Christmas Carol’, what was the first thing that Scrooge purchased after his change of heart? GIANT TURKEY

8 )  What does Cinderella's Fairy Godmother turn into a coach? PUMPKIN

9)  In the song `The Twelve Days Of Christmas`, what did my true love give to me on the 12th day? 12 DRUMMERS DRUMMING

10)  TV, which duo dressed as Batman and Robin in their 1996 TV Christmas special?     DEL BOH AND RODNEY

2018 QUESTIONS

11)  In February, which high street fast food chain was forced to close many of its branches following delivery problems causing a lack of chicken?

12)  In March, Former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia Skripal are poisoned by nerve agent in which UK city?

13)  In May, at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest held in Lisbon, which country won? ISRAEL

14)  In June, women were officially allowed to drive in which Middle East country (the last in the world to do so)?

16)  In July, twelve boys and their football coach are successfully rescued from the flooded Tam Luang Nang Non Cave in what country?

17)  In August, which Former Scottish First Minister  resigned from the Scottish National Party amid sexual abuse allegations?

18 )  In October, which Commonwealth country legalised the use of cannabis, becoming the second country in the World to do so?

19)  In November, in which US state were there the deadliest and most destructive wildfires which caused 88 deaths and 18,804 buildings destroyed?

20)  The December, protests in France by the Gilet Jaunes (Yellow Vests) are due to the rise in what tax?

21)  Which comedy actress died in January aged 80, she was famous for playing Blunderwoman opposite Russ Abbot’s Cooperman?

22)  Actor Peter Wyngarde died in January 2018 at the age of 90, he was best known for playing the role of which TV sleuth?

23)  Comedy actress Emma Chambers sadly passed away in February, can you give the first name of the lovable character she played in The Vicar Of Dibley?

24)  British/American actor John Mahoney passed away in February, in which US sitcom did he play Martin Crane?

25)  Which famous Liverpool comedian died at Knotty Ash in March?

26)  Name this English stand-up comedian and television personality, he was the long-time host of the ITV game show Bullseye, who died in March.

27)  Who was the five times World Darts Champion, nicknamed the ‘Crafty Cockney’ who died in April?

29)  Name one half of a comedy ‘Brothers’ duo who’s catchphrase was “To me to you”., who died in August.

30)  Name one half of cockney singing duo whose hits included ‘The Sideboard Song and Rabbit’ who died in September

There is a very specific answer, a specific answer and a general (county) answer, I’ll accept any.

33) Film, what were the names of the two rival gangs in the 1961 film musical ‘West Side Story’?

34)  TV, in the sitcom ‘Father Ted’, what is the name of the offensively rambunctious priest who usually shouts "feck, arse!, drink” and "girls"?

36)  History, who did Henry Morton Stanley meet at Ujiji near Lake Tanganyka on 10th November 1871?

37)  The term ‘BHP’ is used when describing the power of a motor vehicle; for what does it stand?

38)  Sport, of which football club is the TV chef Delia Smith a majority shareholder?

40)  ‘Tynwald’ is the name of the Legislature (Parliament) of where?

STINKER)  Lying 99 miles North of Hadrian’s Wall, and built under the orders of the Roman Emperor Antoninus Pius, what was the name of the 39 mile long Roman fortification completed in 154AD, made of turf and stone, which stretched from the Firth of Clyde to the Firth of Forth?, a clue is in the Emperor’s name.

jo anne
jo anne

on Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:03 pm
Evening, Ray, thank you, and all the best to you and yours Smile

1)   War is over
2)  three wise men
3)  "Good King Wenceslas looked out on the feast of Stephan", in which country was Wenceslas King ?
4)  Capricorn
5)  Norway
6)  donner blitzen
7)  In Charles Dicken’s ‘A Christmas Carol’, what was the first thing that Scrooge purchased after his change of heart?
8 )  pumpkin
9)  In the song `The Twelve Days Of Christmas`, what did my true love give to me on the 12th day?
10)  delboy & Rodney trotter   

2018 QUESTIONS

11)  kfc
13)  In May, at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest held in Lisbon, which country won?
14)  Saudi Arabia
15)

21)  Bella emberg
22)  
23)  alice .... (The Vicar Of Dibley)
24)  frasier
25)  Ken Dodd
26)  Jim Bowen
27)  Eric bristow

29)  Barry chuckle

33) jets sharks
34)  
36)  dr Livingston
37)  
38)  Norwich
40)  isle of man

STINKER)  
TRICKY)  room 101
AWP1983
AWP1983

on Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:04 pm
1) Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
3) Bohemia?
4) Sagittarius
5) Norway
6) Donner and Blitzen
7) A Turkey?
8 ) A Pumpkin?
9) 12 Ladies Dancing
10) DelBoy and Rodney

11) KFC
12) Salisbury
13) Isreal
14) Saudi Arabia
16) Tailand
17) Alex Salmond
18) Canada
19) California
20) Fuel Tax

23) Alice Tinker
24) Frasier
25) Ken Dodd
26) Jim Bowen
28) Leslie Grantham
29) Barry (David Elliot) Chuckle
30) Chaz (I don't know his real name)

32) The Lake District
34) Father Jack Hackett
35) Hydrogen
36) Livingstone
37) Brake Horse Power?
38) Norwich City F.C
40) Isle of Mann

Stinker - Antonine Wall
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:34 pm
"Evening, Ray, thank you, and all the best to you and yours Smile "

Evening Jo Anne and thank you

Very Best Wishes to you and your family.

Very well played tonight, I'm not marking.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:39 pm
Corky, Gassey and  AWP, very well quizzed.
AWP1983
AWP1983

on Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:40 pm
Have a merry Christmas Ray, and best wishes to you in 2019 rendeer santa
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:42 pm
@AWP1983 wrote:Have a merry Christmas Ray, and best wishes to you in 2019 rendeer santa

Very kind of you AWP.

Very Best Wishes to you and your family.
marieM

on Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:27 am
3. Portugal
4. Capricorn
5. Norway
7. Turkey
8. Pumpkin
9. Ladies dancing
10. Del and Rodney
11. KFC
12, Salisbury
14, Saudi Arabia

15. Federer

16, Indonesia

19, California

20. Petrol

22. Jason King

25. Ken Dodd

26. Jim Bowen

27. Eric Bristow

29. Barry Chuckle

33. Sharks and Jets

35. Hydrogen

Dr Livingstone

38. Norwich

39. Lamb

40. Isle of Man

Tricky 101

Thanks Ray. This laptrop has a mind of it's own
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:01 am
"Thanks Ray. This laptop has a mind of it's own "

A very good morning Marie.

LOL, I know what you mean Marie, my old lappy was a nightmare!!!!!

Very well played indeed.

See you later on WW.
FOSSIL
FOSSIL

on Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:28 pm
31.    Bobby Vee,old enough to remember him Very Happy
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:34 pm
@FOSSIL wrote:31.    Bobby Vee,old enough to remember him Very Happy

Spot on Fossil
Hieronymous
Hieronymous

on Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:55 am
1. Happy Christmas (War is Over)

2. The Magi

5. Norway

6. Donner und Blitzen

7. Turkey

8. Pumpkin

10. Del Boy and Rodney

11. KFC

12. Salisbury

13. Israel

16. Thailand

17. Alex Salmond

19. California

20. Petrol

21. Bella Emberg

22. Jason King

24. Frasier

25. Ken Dodd

26. Jim Bowen

27. Eric Bristow

30. All I know is Chas n' Dave

31. Bobby Vee

32. Peak District

33. Jets and Sharks

35. Nitrogen?

36. Dr. Livingstone I presume.

37. Brake Horse Power

38. Norwich City

39. Beef

40. Isle of Man

STINKER: Antonine Wall

TRICKY: 101
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:19 pm
A really good effort mon ami.

You only have 3 that are incorrect..

You got the STINKER which was a hard one
Admin
Admin
Admin

on Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:44 pm
RMJ As you know a busy time of year for most. Copied and pasted your initial post to my own pm I'm working on each section:TU:
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:50 pm
@Admin wrote:RMJ  As you know a busy time of year for most. Copied and pasted your initial post to my own pm  I'm working on each section:TU:  

No worries Mrs A, good to know you're working on it.

I did say to folk, do it in one go or make several posts, and I will leave it open over Christmas.

so wasn't expecting the usual posting as on Friday night.

I'm sure more will join in over the coming week.
Hieronymous
Hieronymous

on Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:28 pm
@raymyjamie wrote:A really good effort mon ami.

You only have 3 that are incorrect..

You got the STINKER which was a hard one  

Merci beaucoup mais je pensée vous disez vous pas marquage. Je n'ai pas beaucoup repondu.

I bet that lot doesn't mean anything like what I think it means!
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:56 pm
Google Translate gave the following translation.

"Thank you very much but I thought you are saying you do not mark. I did not answer much".

In short, I am NOT marking, there are too many questions to keep track of, also it's Christmas

and I don't need the hastle!!!!!! LOL Very Happy

I will post the answers later in the week.

Very well quizzed today mon ami
Hieronymous
Hieronymous

on Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:22 am
Tres bien mon ami. (CBA with the character map)
Hieronymous
Hieronymous

on Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:46 am
Un joyeux noël à vous mon ami et à tous.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:43 am
De moi et Mme RMJ un joyeux noël à toi et ta famille mon ami.

Admin
Admin
Admin

on Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:25 pm

CHRISTMAS QUESTIONS

1)   ♪♫So this Christmas
         And what have you done?...HAPPY CHRISTMAS WAR IS OVER
         Another year over

To which 1972 John Lennon / Yoko Ono / Plastic Ono Band song are those the opening lines?

2)  Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar are the names of which Christmas group? 3 WISE MEN

3)  "Good King Wenceslas looked out on the feast of Stephan", in which country was Wenceslas King ?..Czech Republic Bohemia

4)  What is the star sign of someone born on Christmas day?...CAPRICORN

5)  Which country gives us the Christmas tree that is decorated in Trafalgar Square in London?

6)  The names of which two of Santa's reindeer mean "Thunder' and 'Lightning"?..DONNER ADN BLITZEN?

8 )  What does Cinderella's Fairy Godmother turn into a coach?..PUMPKIN

9)  In the song `The Twelve Days Of Christmas`, what did my true love give to me on the 12th day? !" DRUMMERS DRUMMING

10)  TV, which duo dressed as Batman and Robin in their 1996 TV Christmas special?    

2018 QUESTIONS

11)  In February, which high street fast food chain was forced to close many of its branches following delivery problems causing a lack of chicken?...KFC

13)  In May, at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest held in Lisbon, which country won?..

14)  In June, women were officially allowed to drive in which Middle East country (the last in the world to do so)? SAUDI ARABIA?

16)  In July, twelve boys and their football coach are successfully rescued from the flooded Tam Luang Nang Non Cave in what country?...THAILAND

17)  In August, which Former Scottish First Minister  resigned from the Scottish National Party amid sexual abuse allegations?...SALMOND

18 )  In October, which Commonwealth country legalised the use of cannabis, becoming the second country in the World to do so?...CANADA

20)  The December, protests in France by the Gilet Jaunes (Yellow Vests) are due to the rise in what tax?....FUEL

21)  Which comedy actress died in January aged 80, she was famous for playing Blunderwoman opposite Russ Abbot’s Cooperman?...BELLA EMBURG

23)  Comedy actress Emma Chambers sadly passed away in February, can you give the first name of the lovable character she played in The Vicar Of Dibley?...ALICE

25)  Which famous Liverpool comedian died at Knotty Ash in March?...DODDY

26)  Name this English stand-up comedian and television personality, he was the long-time host of the ITV game show Bullseye, who died in March....JIM BOWEN

31)  Who had a 1963 hit with “The Night Has A Thousand Eyes”?...BOBBY VEE

32)  Geography, where in the UK would you find Harrison Stickle and Pike O’ Stickle?...PEAK DISTRICT a wild guess

35)  Science, what is the most common element in the Universe?...Hydrogen. you watch it'll be nitrogen

36)  History, who did Henry Morton Stanley meet at Ujiji near Lake Tanganyka on 10th November 1871?..LIVINGSTON I PRESUME

37)  The term ‘BHP’ is used when describing the power of a motor vehicle; for what does it stand?..Brake horse power

39)  Food and drink, what type of meat is ‘Scrag End’? LAMB

40)  ‘Tynwald’ is the name of the Legislature (Parliament) of where?...IOM

STINKER)  Lying 99 miles North of Hadrian’s Wall, and built under the orders of the Roman Emperor Antoninus Pius, what was the name of the 39 mile long Roman fortification completed in 154AD, made of turf and stone, which stretched from the Firth of Clyde to the Firth of Forth?, a clue is in the Emperor’s name. ANTONINE WAY

TRICKY)  What is the room number feared in George Orwell’s book ‘1984’?[/quote]
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:48 pm
@Admin wrote:

CHRISTMAS QUESTIONS

1)   ♪♫So this Christmas
         And what have you done?...HAPPY CHRISTMAS WAR IS OVER
         Another year over

2)  Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar are the names of which Christmas group? 3 WISE MEN

3)  "Good King Wenceslas looked out on the feast of Stephan", in which country was Wenceslas King ?..Czech Republic Bohemia

4)  What is the star sign of someone born on Christmas day?...CAPRICORN

6)  The names of which two of Santa's reindeer mean "Thunder' and 'Lightning"?..DONNER ADN BLITZEN?

8 )  What does Cinderella's Fairy Godmother turn into a coach?..PUMPKIN

9)  In the song `The Twelve Days Of Christmas`, what did my true love give to me on the 12th day? !" DRUMMERS DRUMMING

2018 QUESTIONS

11)  In February, which high street fast food chain was forced to close many of its branches following delivery problems causing a lack of chicken?...KFC

13)  In May, at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest held in Lisbon, which country won?..

14)  In June, women were officially allowed to drive in which Middle East country (the last in the world to do so)? SAUDI ARABIA?

16)  In July, twelve boys and their football coach are successfully rescued from the flooded Tam Luang Nang Non Cave in what country?...THAILAND

17)  In August, which Former Scottish First Minister  resigned from the Scottish National Party amid sexual abuse allegations?...SALMOND

18 )  In October, which Commonwealth country legalised the use of cannabis, becoming the second country in the World to do so?...CANADA

20)  The December, protests in France by the Gilet Jaunes (Yellow Vests) are due to the rise in what tax?....FUEL

21)  Which comedy actress died in January aged 80, she was famous for playing Blunderwoman opposite Russ Abbot’s Cooperman?...BELLA EMBURG

23)  Comedy actress Emma Chambers sadly passed away in February, can you give the first name of the lovable character she played in The Vicar Of Dibley?...ALICE

25)  Which famous Liverpool comedian died at Knotty Ash in March?...DODDY

26)  Name this English stand-up comedian and television personality, he was the long-time host of the ITV game show Bullseye, who died in March....JIM BOWEN

31)  Who had a 1963 hit with “The Night Has A Thousand Eyes”?...BOBBY VEE

32)  Geography, where in the UK would you find Harrison Stickle and Pike O’ Stickle?...PEAK DISTRICT a wild guess

35)  Science, what is the most common element in the Universe?...Hydrogen. you watch it'll be nitrogen

36)  History, who did Henry Morton Stanley meet at Ujiji near Lake Tanganyka on 10th November 1871?..LIVINGSTON I PRESUME

37)  The term ‘BHP’ is used when describing the power of a motor vehicle; for what does it stand?..Brake horse power

39)  Food and drink, what type of meat is ‘Scrag End’? LAMB

40)  ‘Tynwald’ is the name of the Legislature (Parliament) of where?...IOM

STINKER)  Lying 99 miles North of Hadrian’s Wall, and built under the orders of the Roman Emperor Antoninus Pius, what was the name of the 39 mile long Roman fortification completed in 154AD, made of turf and stone, which stretched from the Firth of Clyde to the Firth of Forth?, a clue is in the Emperor’s name. ANTONINE WAY

[/quote]

Evening Mrs A.

A Very Happy Christmas to you and your family.

A really excellent bit of quizzing, I thought you'd given up!!!! LOL Embarassed Very Happy
Hieronymous
Hieronymous

on Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:58 pm
You little liar!!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum