Go down
raymyjamie

WR Crackin’ Christmas Quiz 2018

on Fri 21 Dec 2018 - 20:00
First topic message reminder :

A Very Good Evening to you Rejects.
Tonight it is The Wigan Rejects Crackin’ Christmas Quiz 2018.
There are 10 Christmas questions.
Then 10 ‘what happened in 2018’ questions
Then 10 ‘Gone but not forgotten’ questions.
Finally 10 general knowledge questions plus a STINKER and TRICKY.

I am leaving the Quiz "open" over the festive period and will post the answers in a weeks time (give or take).
You can do the quiz all in one go, or have several posts over the holidays.
If you want to be the ‘Quizmaster’ with your family and friends, I can supply the answers.
Just PM me and I will PM the answers back.

I won’t mark the quiz, there are too many questions for me to keep track of.

May I take this opportunity to wish all you Wigan Rejects and your families a Very Happy Christmas and a Prosperous and Peaceful New Year.

This is to say a very special thanks to Admin and Mac who work extremely hard to make this site the fantastic place it is.
Thank you from all of us.

The regular "Friday Night Pub Quiz" will return on January 4th in the New Year.

Enjoy the Quiz.

WIGAN REJECTS CRACKIN’ CHRISTMAS QUIZ 2018

CHRISTMAS QUESTIONS

1)   ♪♫So this Christmas
          And what have you done?
          Another year over
          And a new one just begun♪♫

To which 1972 John Lennon / Yoko Ono / Plastic Ono Band song are those the opening lines?

2)  Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar are the names of which Christmas group?

3)  "Good King Wenceslas looked out on the feast of Stephan", in which country was Wenceslas King ?

4)  What is the star sign of someone born on Christmas day?

5)  Which country gives us the Christmas tree that is decorated in Trafalgar Square in London?

6)  The names of which two of Santa's reindeer mean "Thunder' and 'Lightning"?

7)  In Charles Dicken’s ‘A Christmas Carol’, what was the first thing that Scrooge purchased after his change of heart?

8 )  What does Cinderella's Fairy Godmother turn into a coach?

9)  In the song `The Twelve Days Of Christmas`, what did my true love give to me on the 12th day?

10)  TV, which duo dressed as Batman and Robin in their 1996 TV Christmas special?    

2018 QUESTIONS

All the questions are about events of 2018

11)  In February, which high street fast food chain was forced to close many of its branches following delivery problems causing a lack of chicken?

12)  In March, Former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia Skripal are poisoned by nerve agent in which UK city?

13)  In May, at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest held in Lisbon, which country won?

14)  In June, women were officially allowed to drive in which Middle East country (the last in the world to do so)?

15)  In July, who won the men’s singles Wimbledon final?

16)  In July, twelve boys and their football coach are successfully rescued from the flooded Tam Luang Nang Non Cave in what country?

17)  In August, which Former Scottish First Minister  resigned from the Scottish National Party amid sexual abuse allegations?

18 )  In October, which Commonwealth country legalised the use of cannabis, becoming the second country in the World to do so?

19)  In November, in which US state were there the deadliest and most destructive wildfires which caused 88 deaths and 18,804 buildings destroyed?

20)  The December, protests in France by the Gilet Jaunes (Yellow Vests) are due to the rise in what tax?

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN QUESTIONS

People who sadly passed away in 2018

21)  Which comedy actress died in January aged 80, she was famous for playing Blunderwoman opposite Russ Abbot’s Cooperman?

22)  Actor Peter Wyngarde died in January 2018 at the age of 90, he was best known for playing the role of which TV sleuth?

23)  Comedy actress Emma Chambers sadly passed away in February, can you give the first name of the lovable character she played in The Vicar Of Dibley?

24)  British/American actor John Mahoney passed away in February, in which US sitcom did he play Martin Crane?

25)  Which famous Liverpool comedian died at Knotty Ash in March?

26)  Name this English stand-up comedian and television personality, he was the long-time host of the ITV game show Bullseye, who died in March.

27)  Who was the five times World Darts Champion, nicknamed the ‘Crafty Cockney’ who died in April?

28)  Name this actor who died in June who became famous playing the landlord of the Queen Vic. In BBC’s ‘Eastenders’ in the 1980’s?

29)  Name one half of a comedy ‘Brothers’ duo who’s catchphrase was “To me to you”., who died in August.

30)  Name one half of cockney singing duo whose hits included ‘The Sideboard Song and Rabbit’ who died in September

GENERAL KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS

31)  Who had a 1963 hit with “The Night Has A Thousand Eyes”?

32)  Geography, where in the UK would you find Harrison Stickle and Pike O’ Stickle?
There is a very specific answer, a specific answer and a general (county) answer, I’ll accept any.

33) Film, what were the names of the two rival gangs in the 1961 film musical ‘West Side Story’?

34)  TV, in the sitcom ‘Father Ted’, what is the name of the offensively rambunctious priest who usually shouts "feck, arse!, drink” and "girls"?

35)  Science, what is the most common element in the Universe?

36)  History, who did Henry Morton Stanley meet at Ujiji near Lake Tanganyka on 10th November 1871?

37)  The term ‘BHP’ is used when describing the power of a motor vehicle; for what does it stand?

38)  Sport, of which football club is the TV chef Delia Smith a majority shareholder?

39)  Food and drink, what type of meat is ‘Scrag End’?

40)  ‘Tynwald’ is the name of the Legislature (Parliament) of where?

STINKER)  Lying 99 miles North of Hadrian’s Wall, and built under the orders of the Roman Emperor Antoninus Pius, what was the name of the 39 mile long Roman fortification completed in 154AD, made of turf and stone, which stretched from the Firth of Clyde to the Firth of Forth?, a clue is in the Emperor’s name.

TRICKY)  What is the room number feared in George Orwell’s book ‘1984’?

raymyjamie

Re: WR Crackin’ Christmas Quiz 2018

on Tue 25 Dec 2018 - 21:08
@Hieronymous wrote:You little liar!!

LOL!!!!!!! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Very Happy

It's called 'brown nosing' with the management.
Hieronymous

on Tue 25 Dec 2018 - 21:16
Admin
Admin

on Tue 25 Dec 2018 - 21:20
RMJ

I'd copied and pastes to my PM and done it over a few days . Many thanks for your efforts See

http://www.wigan-rejects.com/t32562-the-kings-christmas-speech
raymyjamie

on Tue 25 Dec 2018 - 21:29
Thank you Mrs A.

Very well played you

I think Mester Tomp does some funny and entertaining Vids.

Admin
Admin

on Tue 25 Dec 2018 - 21:34
PLease enjoy your ONLY week off on the 28th December. I'll fill in as best I can study
raymyjamie

on Tue 25 Dec 2018 - 21:49
@Admin wrote:PLease enjoy your ONLY week off  on the 28th December.  I'll fill in as best I can study

Thank you, sounds good
raymyjamie

on Wed 2 Jan 2019 - 18:16
I completely forgot to post the Christmas Quiz answers, so many apologies.

Very well done to all who took part            

WIGAN REJECTS CRACKIN’ CHRISTMAS QUIZ 2018 ANSWERS

CHRISTMAS QUESTIONS

1)   ♪♫So this Christmas
          And what have you done?
          Another year over
          And a new one just begun♪♫

To which 1972 John Lennon / Yoko Ono / Plastic Ono Band song are those the opening lines?
 Happy Xmas (War is over)    

2)  Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar are the names of which Christmas group?
The Three Wise Men

3)  "Good King Wenceslas looked out on the feast of Stephan",  in which country was Wenceslas King ?
    Bohemia / Czech Republic

4)  What is the star sign of someone born on Christmas day?
       Capricorn

5)  Which country gives us the Christmas tree that is decorated in Trafalgar Square in London?
    Norway  

6)  The names of which two of Santa's reindeer mean "Thunder' and 'Lightning"?
        Donner and Blitzen

7)  In Charles Dicken’s ‘A Christmas Carol’, what was the first thing that Scrooge purchased after his change of heart?
 A turkey        

8 )  What does Cinderella's Fairy Godmother turn into a coach?
A Pumpkin        

9)  In the song `The Twelve Days Of Christmas`, what did my true love give to me on the 12th day?
Twelve Drummers drumming        

10)  TV, which duo dressed as Batman and Robin in their 1996 TV Christmas special?    
Del Boy and Rodney in ‘Only Fools and Horses’    

2018 QUESTIONS

All the questions are about events of 2018

11)  In February, which high street fast food chain was forced to close many of its branches following delivery problems causing a lack of chicken?  
KFC  

12)  In March, Former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia Skripal are poisoned by nerve agent in which UK city?
   Salisbury

13)  In May, at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest held in Lisbon, which country won?
   Israel

14)  In June, women were officially allowed to drive in which Middle East country (the last in the world to do so)?
 Saudi Arabia    

15)  In July, who won the men’s singles Wimbledon final?
Novak Djokovic          

16)  In July, twelve boys and their football coach are successfully rescued from the flooded Tam Luang Nang Non Cave in what country?
  Thailand  

17)  In August, which Former Scottish First Minister  resigned from the Scottish National Party amid sexual abuse allegations?
 Alex Salmond    

18 )  In October, which Commonwealth country legalised the use of cannabis, becoming the second country in the World to do so?
      Canada    

19)  In November, in which US state were there the deadliest and most destructive wildfires which caused 88 deaths and 18,804 buildings destroyed?
          California

20)  The December, protests in France by the Gilet Jaunes (Yellow Vests) are due to the rise in what tax?
Fuel duty              

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN QUESTIONS

People who sadly passed away in 2018

21)  Which comedy actress died in January aged 80, she was famous for playing Blunderwoman opposite Russ Abbot’s Cooperman?
 Bella Emberg        

22)  Actor Peter Wyngarde died in January 2018 at the age of 90, he was best known for playing the role of which TV sleuth?
Jason King      

23)  Comedy actress Emma Chambers sadly passed away in February, can you give the first name of the lovable character she played in The Vicar Of Dibley?
    Alice (Tinker)

24)  British/American actor John Mahoney passed away in February, in which US sitcom did he play Martin Crane?
      Frasier  

25)  Which famous Liverpool comedian died at Knotty Ash in March?
Ken Dodd          

26)  Name this English stand-up comedian and television personality, he was the long-time host of the ITV game show Bullseye, who died in March.
 Jim Bowen          

27)  Who was the five times World Darts Champion, nicknamed the ‘Crafty Cockney’ who died in April?
Eric Bristow        

28)  Name this actor who died in June who became famous playing the landlord of the Queen Vic. In BBC’s ‘Eastenders’ in the 1980’s?      
  Leslie Grantham    

29)  Name one half of a comedy ‘Brothers’ duo who’s catchphrase was “To me to you”., who died in August.
Barry Chuckle              

30)  Name one half of cockney singing duo whose hits included ‘The Sideboard Song and Rabbit’ who died in September
Chas Hodges          

GENERAL KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS

31)  Who had a 1963 hit with “The Night Has A Thousand Eyes”?
  Bobby Vee

32)  Geography, where in the UK would you find Harrison Stickle and Pike O’ Stickle?
There is a very specific answer, a specific answer and a general (county) answer, I’ll accept any.
         The Langdales / The Lake District / Cumbria    

33) Film, what were the names of the two rival gangs in the 1961 film musical ‘West Side Story’?
 Sharks and Jets          

34)  TV, in the sitcom ‘Father Ted’, what is the name of the offensively rambunctious priest who usually shouts "feck, arse!, drink! and "girls!"?
Father Jack Hacket        

35)  Science, what is the most common element in the Universe?
  Hydrogen    

36)  History, who did Henry Morton Stanley meet at Ujiji near Lake Tanganyka on 10th November 1871?
Dr Livingstone        

37)  The term ‘BHP’ is used when describing the power of a motor vehicle; for what does it stand?
 Brake horse power        

38)  Sport, of which football club is the TV chef Delia Smith a majority shareholder?
Norwich City        

39)  Food and drink, what type of meat is ‘Scrag End’?
Lamb or mutton        

40)  ‘Tynwald’ is the name of the Legislature (Parliament) of where?
 The Isle of Man          

STINKER)  Lying 99 miles North of Hadrian’s Wall, and built under the orders of the Roman Emperor Antoninus Pius, what was the name of the 39 mile long Roman fortification completed in 154AD, made of turf and stone, which stretched from the Firth of Clyde to the Firth of Forth?, a clue is in the Emperor’s name.
The Antonine wall          

TRICKY)  What is the room number feared in George Orwell’s book ‘1984’?
 Room 101        
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum