Share
Go down
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14420
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 26-12-18

on 26.12.18 20:00
A very Good Boxing Day to all you Rejects Crossworders.
Hope you are enjoying Christmas and your brains are in good fettle.
Check these cheeky challenges out.
GOOD LUCK

WIGAN REJECTS CRYPTIC CROSSWORD CLUES 26-12-18

1)  The vowel sounds we make. (3, 3, 1)  Y _ _       A _ _       _
An easy one to start us off.
A word for WE which sounds like two vowels.


2)  Improve quality, hence an improvement (7)
An anagram (improvement) of HENCE AN.
 

3) Christopher gets numbers of small pets.  (7)  K _ _ _ _ _ S
The shortened form of CHRISTOPHER, followed by a plural number..
     

4)  Autumn turns out to provide unexpected gains (9)  W _ _ D _ _ _ _ S
Gains from a fruit tree maybe.


5)  A herb for Mr Fawlty  (5)  _ _ _ _ _
No help.
   

6)  Some Briton gaining access to South Pacific Islands.  (5)   _ _ _ _ _
In consecutive letters in the clue.
 

7)  Ale and wine put before the Queen. (6)   P _ _ _ _ _
A 4 letter word for a type of wine followed by the usual 2 letter word for Queen Elizabeth.
 

8 )  Sounds made by hooters about one. (6)  N _ _ _ _ _
Hooters in this case is on your face, about the letter represented by ONE,


9)  Workers organisation with means of raising flag. (5, 4)   _ _ _ _ _     _ _ _ _
An organisation to fight for the rights of workers, followed by a means of raising a car up.


10)  Drawn out reorganisation is not right and proper (8 )   _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
A final anagram (reorganisation) of DRAWN  OUT
jo anne
jo anne
Posts : 4101
Join date : 2015-06-04

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 26-12-18

on 26.12.18 20:06
Evening, Ray Smile

2) enhance
3) kittens
4) windfalls
5) basil

7) porter
8 ) noises
9) union jack
10) untoward
Admin
Admin
Admin
Posts : 45506
Join date : 2013-12-04

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 26-12-18

on 26.12.18 20:07
@raymyjamie wrote:A very Good Boxing Day to all you Rejects Crossworders.
Hope you are enjoying Christmas and your brains are in good fettle.
Check these cheeky challenges out.
GOOD LUCK

WIGAN REJECTS CRYPTIC CROSSWORD CLUES 26-12-18

1)  The vowel sounds we make. (3, 3, 1)  Y _ _        A _ _        _....You and I
An easy one to start us off.
A word for WE which sounds like two vowels.


2)  Improve quality, hence an improvement (7)
An anagram (improvement) of HENCE AN......ENHANCE
 

3) Christopher gets numbers of small pets.  (7)  K _ _ _ _ _ S
The shortened form of CHRISTOPHER, followed by a plural number..
     

4)  Autumn turns out to provide unexpected gains (9)  W _ _ D _ _ _ _ S.....WINDFALLS
Gains from a fruit tree maybe.


5)  A herb for Mr Fawlty  (5)  _ _ _ _ _...BASIL
No help.
   

6)  Some Briton gaining access to South Pacific Islands.  (5)   _ _ _ _ _ ....TONGA
In consecutive letters in the clue.
 

7)  Ale and wine put before the Queen. (6)   P _ _ _ _ _
A 4 letter word for a type of wine followed by the usual 2 letter word for Queen Elizabeth.....PORT ER
 

8 )  Sounds made by hooters about one. (6)  N _ _ _ _ _
Hooters in this case is on your face, about the letter represented by ONE,,,,NOISES


9)  Workers organisation with means of raising flag. (5, 4)   _ _ _ _ _     _ _ _ _....UNION JACK
An organisation to fight for the rights of workers, followed by a means of raising a car up.


10)  Drawn out reorganisation is not right and proper (8 )   _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _....UNTOWARD
A final anagram (reorganisation) of DRAWN  OUT
maureen
maureen
Posts : 3160
Join date : 2014-07-28
Location : Wigan

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 26-12-18

on 26.12.18 20:07
1 You and I
2 Enhance
3 Kittens
4 Windfalls
5 Basil
6 Tonga
7 Porter
8Noises
9 Union Jack
10 Untoward
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14420
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 26-12-18

on 26.12.18 20:09
@jo anne wrote:Evening, Ray Smile

2) enhance
3) kittens
4) windfalls
5) basil

7) porter
8 ) noises
9) union jack
10) untoward

Evening Jo Anne.

Cracking crosswording, I can't believe how fast you've solved them, very well done.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14420
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 26-12-18

on 26.12.18 20:12
@maureen wrote:1 You and I
2 Enhance
3 Kittens
4 Windfalls
5 Basil
6 Tonga
7 Porter
8Noises
9 Union Jack
10 Untoward

Evening Mo.

ALL correct and in super quick time, very well done indeed.

Hope you've had a good Christmas.
maureen
maureen
Posts : 3160
Join date : 2014-07-28
Location : Wigan

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 26-12-18

on 26.12.18 20:15
Thanks Ray,yes ..quiet but nice..hope you and Susan had a nice day too.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14420
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 26-12-18

on 26.12.18 20:18
@Admin wrote:
@raymyjamie wrote:A very Good Boxing Day to all you Rejects Crossworders.
Hope you are enjoying Christmas and your brains are in good fettle.
Check these cheeky challenges out.
GOOD LUCK

WIGAN REJECTS CRYPTIC CROSSWORD CLUES 26-12-18

1)  The vowel sounds we make. (3, 3, 1)  Y _ _        A _ _        _....You and I
An easy one to start us off.
A word for WE which sounds like two vowels.


2)  Improve quality, hence an improvement (7)
An anagram (improvement) of HENCE AN......ENHANCE
 

3) Christopher gets numbers of small pets.  (7)  K _ _ _ _ _ S
The shortened form of CHRISTOPHER, followed by a plural number..
     

4)  Autumn turns out to provide unexpected gains (9)  W _ _ D _ _ _ _ S.....WINDFALLS
Gains from a fruit tree maybe.


5)  A herb for Mr Fawlty  (5)  _ _ _ _ _...BASIL
No help.
   

6)  Some Briton gaining access to South Pacific Islands.  (5)   _ _ _ _ _ ....TONGA
In consecutive letters in the clue.
 

7)  Ale and wine put before the Queen. (6)   P _ _ _ _ _
A 4 letter word for a type of wine followed by the usual 2 letter word for Queen Elizabeth.....PORT  ER
 

8 )  Sounds made by hooters about one. (6)  N _ _ _ _ _
Hooters in this case is on your face, about the letter represented by ONE,,,,NOISES


9)  Workers organisation with means of raising flag. (5, 4)   _ _ _ _ _     _ _ _ _....UNION JACK
An organisation to fight for the rights of workers, followed by a means of raising a car up.


10)  Drawn out reorganisation is not right and proper (8 )   _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _....UNTOWARD
A final anagram (reorganisation) of DRAWN  OUT

Evening Mrs A.

brilliant crosswording and in super quick time, very well done.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14420
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 26-12-18

on 26.12.18 20:21
@maureen wrote:Thanks Ray,yes ..quiet but nice..hope you and Susan had a nice day too.

Thank you Mo.

A lovely day was had with the usual traditional evening dinner,

and glass of Spanish Cava,.

Very well played tonight
jo anne
jo anne
Posts : 4101
Join date : 2015-06-04

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 26-12-18

on 26.12.18 21:21
Thanks for those, Ray Smile
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 14420
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 26-12-18

on 26.12.18 21:25
Thank you Jo Anne, you're very welcome.

Cracking bit of crosswording from you tonight
Sponsored content

Re: WR Cryptic Crossword Clues 26-12-18

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum