Go down
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 15-2-19

on Fri Feb 15 2019, 20:00
First topic message reminder :

A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
It’s that time of week again.
Get yourself down here to the Reject’s Bar.
Get that first drink in.
Get comfy.
Let’s have a beltin’ quiz.

PS – I’ve just checked, we seem to have a full compliment of questions!!!!! LOL

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1) Who had a 1964 UK number one hot with ‘Anyone Who Had a Heart’?

2) Geography, which Costa lies on the Spanish coast north of Barcelona?

3) TV, what was the name of the sitcom running from 1979 to 1982 and starring James Bolam and Peter Bowles as patients in an NHS hospital, the title is in response to the question, "Does it hurt?"

4) Film, in the 2004 comedy film ‘Meet the Fockers’, who plays the accident prone male nurse Gaylord ‘Greg’ Focker?

5) What is the main ingredient in a house brick?

6) Food and drink, what is the culinary ‘J’ word for cutting food into long thin strips?
An clew, it’s a Fr**ch word

7) Science, what is the outer layer of the skin called?

8 ) What car maker produces the subcompact crossover SUV ‘Mokka X’ model?

9) Sport, which League One football team play their home matches at The Stadium of Light?

10) History, who succeeded Ed Miliband as leader of the UK Labour Party?

11) From what 1953 film musical does the song ‘The Deadwood Stage (Whip-Crack-Away’ come?

12) In meteórology, the term for which weather phenomenon means 'the boy'?

13) Literature, in ‘Gulliver’s Travels’, what was the name of the land where Gulliver met the Little People?

14) The singer songwriter Reg Dwight is better known as who?

15) Film, in Monty Python’s ‘The Meaning of Life’, what was the last thing Mr. Creosote ate?

16) TV, in the sitcom Blackadder III, which actor played the foppish idiot Prince Regent?

17) Who had a 1975 hit with the folk based song ‘All Around My Hat’?

18) Science, which of the gas giant planets in our Solar System has 79 known moons?

19) Classical music, which of Verdi’s operas is set in Ancient Egypt?

20) History, Moshe Dayan (1915 – 1981) was a military leader and politician in which country?

21) Food and drink, the cooking term 'Roux' is a combination of which two ingredients?

22) Geography, the Rialto Bridge is a popular tourist attraction in which European city?

23) Literature, in which Shakespeare play does the line “A horse, a horse. My kingdom for a horse” appear?

24) What is the Roman numeral for 77?

25) ♪♫ I'm nothing special, in fact I'm a bit of a bore
If I tell a joke, you've probably heard it before
But I have a talent, a wonderful thing
'Cause everyone listens when I start to sing
I'm so grateful and proud
All I want is to sing it out loud♪♫

From what Abba song are those the opening lines?

TEACHERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) What was the title of the 1934 book by James Hilton, and 1939 film by Sam Wood, whose central character is schoolmaster Charles Edward Chipping?

BQ2) What was the name of the TV sitcom running from 1968 to 1972, set at Fenn St Secondary Modern School, and starring John Alderton as newly qualified teacher Bernard Hedges.

BQ3) Running from 1956 to 1972, who was the comedy actor who played the headmaster in the BBC TV comedy ‘Whack-O’.
An clew, “Bend over Wendover”.

BQ4) What was the name of the BBC TV sitcom running from 2012 to 2014 and starring Jack Whitehall as Alfie Wickers, a posh, newly graduated secondary school History teacher at the fictional Abbey Grove School.

BQ5) In which series of books does the character Professor Albus Dumbledore appear?

STINKER) What creatures have the collective name of a ‘Clowder’?

TRICKY) Who or what is the 'Taoiseach'?

Gassey
Gassey

Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 15-2-19

on Fri Feb 15 2019, 21:05
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
Get that first drink in.
Get comfy.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1964 UK number one hot with ‘Anyone Who Had a Heart’?      cilla black

2)  Geography, which Costa lies on the Spanish coast north of Barcelona?      costa brava

3)  TV, what was the name of the sitcom running from 1979 to 1982 and starring James Bolam and Peter Bowles as patients in an NHS hospital, the title is in response to the question, "Does it hurt?"      only when i laugh

4)  Film, in the 2004 comedy film ‘Meet the Fockers’, who plays the accident prone male nurse Gaylord ‘Greg’ Focker?

5)  What is the main ingredient in a house brick?     sand

6)  Food and drink, what is the culinary ‘J’ word for cutting food into long thin strips?

7)  Science, what is the outer layer of the skin called?   epidermis

8 )  What car maker produces the subcompact crossover SUV ‘Mokka X’ model?vauxhall

9)  Sport, which League One football team play their home matches at The Stadium of Light?    sunderland

10)  History, who succeeded Ed Miliband as leader of the UK Labour Party?     jeremy corbin

11)  From what 1953 film musical does the song ‘The Deadwood Stage (Whip-Crack-Away’ come?   calamity jane

12)  In meteórology, the term for which weather phenomenon means 'the boy'?   el nino

13)  Literature, in ‘Gulliver’s Travels’, what was the name of the land where Gulliver met the Little People?
liliput
14)  The singer songwriter Reg Dwight is better known as who ?                       elton john

15)  Film, in Monty Python’s ‘The Meaning of Life’, what was the last thing Mr. Creosote ate?

16)  TV, in the sitcom Blackadder III, which actor played the foppish idiot Prince Regent?      hugh laurie

17)  Who had a 1975 hit with the folk based song ‘All Around My Hat’?    steeleye span

18)  Science, which of the gas giant planets in our Solar System has 79 known moons?    jupiter

19)  Classical music, which of Verdi’s operas is set in Ancient Egypt?

20)  History, Moshe Dayan (1915 – 1981) was a military leader and politician in which country?    egypt

21)  Food and drink, the cooking term 'Roux' is a combination of which two ingredients?

22)  Geography, the Rialto Bridge is a popular tourist attraction in which European  city?    venice

23)  Literature, in which Shakespeare play does the line “A horse, a horse. My kingdom for a horse” appear?    richard 111

24)  What is the Roman numeral for 77?    lxxv11

25)  ♪♫ I'm nothing special, in fact I'm a bit of a bore

thank you for the music
TEACHERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1

)  What was the title of the 1934 book by James Hilton, and 1939 film by Sam Wood, whose central character is schoolmaster Charles Edward Chipping?    goodbye mr chips

BQ2)  What was the name of the TV sitcom running from 1968 to 1972, set at Fenn St Secondary Modern School, and starring John Alderton as newly qualified teacher Bernard Hedges.    please sir

BQ3)  Running from 1956 to 1972, who was the comedy actor who played the headmaster in the BBC TV comedy ‘Whack-O’.    jimmy edwards

BQ4)  What was the name of the BBC TV sitcom running from 2012 to 2014 and starring Jack Whitehall as Alfie Wickers, a posh, newly graduated secondary school History teacher at the fictional Abbey Grove School.

BQ5)  In which series of books does the character Professor Albus Dumbledore appear?    harry potter

STINKER)  What creatures have the collective name of a ‘Clowder’?

TRICKY)  Who or what is the 'Taoiseach'?
c       a political leader
Gassey
Gassey

on Fri Feb 15 2019, 21:07
Get that first drink in.
Get comfy.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1964 UK number one hot with ‘Anyone Who Had a Heart’?      cilla black

2)  Geography, which Costa lies on the Spanish coast north of Barcelona?      costa brava

3)  TV, what was the name of the sitcom running from 1979 to 1982 and starring James Bolam and Peter Bowles as patients in an NHS hospital, the title is in response to the question, "Does it hurt?"      only when i laugh

4)  Film, in the 2004 comedy film ‘Meet the Fockers’, who plays the accident prone male nurse Gaylord ‘Greg’ Focker?

6)  Food and drink, what is the culinary ‘J’ word for cutting food into long thin strips?

8 )  What car maker produces the subcompact crossover SUV ‘Mokka X’ model?vauxhall

9)  Sport, which League One football team play their home matches at The Stadium of Light?    sunderland

10)  History, who succeeded Ed Miliband as leader of the UK Labour Party?     jeremy corbin

11)  From what 1953 film musical does the song ‘The Deadwood Stage (Whip-Crack-Away’ come?   calamity jane

12)  In meteórology, the term for which weather phenomenon means 'the boy'?   el nino

13)  Literature, in ‘Gulliver’s Travels’, what was the name of the land where Gulliver met the Little People?
liliput
14)  The singer songwriter Reg Dwight is better known as who ?                       elton john

15)  Film, in Monty Python’s ‘The Meaning of Life’, what was the last thing Mr. Creosote ate?

16)  TV, in the sitcom Blackadder III, which actor played the foppish idiot Prince Regent?      hugh laurie

17)  Who had a 1975 hit with the folk based song ‘All Around My Hat’?    steeleye span

18)  Science, which of the gas giant planets in our Solar System has 79 known moons?    jupiter

20)  History, Moshe Dayan (1915 – 1981) was a military leader and politician in which country?    egypt

21)  Food and drink, the cooking term 'Roux' is a combination of which two ingredients?

22)  Geography, the Rialto Bridge is a popular tourist attraction in which European  city?    venice

23)  Literature, in which Shakespeare play does the line “A horse, a horse. My kingdom for a horse” appear?    richard 111

thank you for the music
TEACHERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1

)  What was the title of the 1934 book by James Hilton, and 1939 film by Sam Wood, whose central character is schoolmaster Charles Edward Chipping?    goodbye mr chips

BQ2)  What was the name of the TV sitcom running from 1968 to 1972, set at Fenn St Secondary Modern School, and starring John Alderton as newly qualified teacher Bernard Hedges.    please sir

BQ3)  Running from 1956 to 1972, who was the comedy actor who played the headmaster in the BBC TV comedy ‘Whack-O’.    jimmy edwards

BQ4)  What was the name of the BBC TV sitcom running from 2012 to 2014 and starring Jack Whitehall as Alfie Wickers, a posh, newly graduated secondary school History teacher at the fictional Abbey Grove School.

BQ5)  In which series of books does the character Professor Albus Dumbledore appear?    harry potter

raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri Feb 15 2019, 21:16
@Gassey wrote:
Get that first drink in.
Get comfy.

NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

liliput

thank you for the music
TEACHERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)

What was the title of the 1934 book by James Hilton, and 1939 film by Sam Wood, whose central character is schoolmaster Charles Edward Chipping?    goodbye mr chips

Evening Gassey.

What a brilliant effort, 25 correct, very well done.

I think something went awry with the posting.

There's a huge gap after BQ1, which I have backspaced in my reply,

but there are 2 further posts, maybe Admin will delete those.

Gassey
Gassey

on Fri Feb 15 2019, 21:55
Evening Ray ,  sorry about multiple posts , I'm on
a new gizmo and I kept getting the flood control
Message I thought they weren't posting but obviously
they were , I'm getting some tuition tomorrow off my
daughter and her boyfriend Embarassed Embarassed  . Anyroads thanks for
the quiz and thanks for your patience
weatherwax
weatherwax

on Fri Feb 15 2019, 22:02
1. Cilla Black
2. Costa Brava
3. Only When I Laugh
4. Ben Stiller
5. Sand
6. Julienne
7. Epidermis
10. Jeremy Corbyn
11. Callamity Jane
12. El Nino
13. Lilliput
14. Elton John
15. An After Dinner Mint
16. Hugh Laurie
17. Steeleye Span
18. Jupiter
19. Aida
20 Israel
21. Fat (eg Butter) and Flour
22. Venice
23. Richard 3rd
24. LXXVII
25. Thank You For The Music

Bonus Questions.
1. Goodbye Mr Chips
2, Please Sir
3. Jimmy Edwards
4. Bad Education
5. Harry Potter

Stinker:= Cats
Tricky:= Prime Minister Of Ireland.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri Feb 15 2019, 22:16
@Gassey wrote:Evening Ray ,  sorry about multiple posts , I'm on
a new gizmo and I kept getting the flood control
Message I thought they weren't posting but obviously
they were , I'm getting some tuition tomorrow off my
daughter and her boyfriend Embarassed Embarassed  . Anyroads thanks for
the quiz and thanks for your patience

I have the same problem Gassey, I seem to get the 'Flood Control' message nearly every post, it drives me up the wall.
Whether it's because I use the 'quote' button and there is a lot of text, I don't know.

Anyroad, you played a blinder tonight, very well done.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri Feb 15 2019, 22:21
@weatherwax wrote:1. Cilla Black
2. Costa Brava
3. Only When I Laugh
4. Ben Stiller
5. Sand
6. Julienne
7. Epidermis
10. Jeremy Corbyn
11. Callamity Jane
12. El Nino
13. Lilliput
14. Elton John
15. An After Dinner Mint
16. Hugh Laurie
17. Steeleye Span
18. Jupiter
19. Aida
20 Israel
21. Fat (eg Butter) and Flour
22. Venice
23. Richard 3rd
24. LXXVII
25. Thank You For The Music

Bonus Questions.
1. Goodbye Mr Chips
2, Please Sir
3. Jimmy Edwards
4. Bad Education
5. Harry Potter

Stinker:= Cats
Tricky:= Prime Minister Of Ireland.

Evening WW.

I'm a bit late marking you, I do the quiz with Mrs RMJ around 10 o'clock every Friday.

As usual brilliant quizzing from you, very well done.
weatherwax
weatherwax

on Fri Feb 15 2019, 22:36
Its OK RMJ. I was a bit late coming on. I don't seem to have as much free time these days, ever since motormouse retired, and having our hands full with other things. Just hoping that everything settles down a bit soon. In the meantime, thanks for another great brain workout. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri Feb 15 2019, 22:43
Thank you WW, most kind.

Here's to wish you a happy retirement together.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri Feb 15 2019, 22:49
WW, here's a thought, with Motormouse being retired, maybe you'll

get the missing 'sport' and 'car' questions in future
LOL Very Happy  
weatherwax
weatherwax

on Fri Feb 15 2019, 23:03
I should be so lucky. He is nearly as bad as myself at sports..............Better with cars, but half the time He is either asleep on the Sofa, trying to get his own car back on the road, and when it is he is at his Mothers house and caravan trying to get cleared.............not much time to help with the quiz. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri Feb 15 2019, 23:24
I know you've had a difficult time of late,

but hopefully things will settle down.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri Feb 15 2019, 23:32
I'll hold the answers over till tomorrow.

Any body coming on later WILL get marked.

I'm having a few scoops now.

Night night everybody.
marieM

on Sat Feb 16 2019, 09:23
Thanks Ray for your hard work as usual
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Sat Feb 16 2019, 09:45
@marieM wrote:Thanks Ray for your hard work as usual

Thank you Marie,very well played last night
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Sat Feb 16 2019, 10:06
Very well done to all last night;s quizzers        

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz Answers 15-2-19

1)  Who had a 1964 UK number one hot with ‘Anyone Who Had a Heart’?
Cilla Black    

2)  Geography, which Costa lies on the Spanish coast north of Barcelona?
Costa Brava  

3)  TV, what was the name of the sitcom running from 1979 to 1982 and starring James Bolam and Peter Bowles as patients in an NHS hospital, the title is in response to the question, "Does it hurt?"
     Only When I Laugh

Ben Stiller

5)  What is the main ingredient in a house brick?
  Clay  

Julienne

7)  Science, what is the outer layer of the skin called?
    Epidermis  

8 )  What car maker produces the subcompact crossover SUV ‘Mokka X’ model?    Vauxhall  

9)  Sport, which League One football team play their home matches at The Stadium of Light?
    Sunderland

10)  History, who succeeded Ed Miliband as leader of the UK Labour Party?
 Jeremy Corbyn      

11)  From what 1953 film musical does the song ‘The Deadwood Stage (Whip-Crack-Away’ come?
  Calamity Jane  

12)  In meteórology, the term for which weather phenomenon means 'the boy'?
    El Nino

Lilliput

14)  The singer songwriter Reg Dwight is better known as who?
   Elton John  

A wafer thin mint

16)  TV, in the sitcom Blackadder III, which actor played the foppish idiot Prince Regent?
     Hugh Laurie

17)  Who had a 1975 hit with the folk based song ‘All Around My Hat’?
     Steeleye Span

18)  Science, which of the gas giant planets in our Solar System has 79 known moons?   Jupiter

Aida

20)  History, Moshe Dayan (1915 – 1981) was a military leader and politician in which country?
    Israel

used to thicken a sauce  
 Flour and fat (butter)

22)  Geography, the Rialto Bridge is a popular tourist attraction in which European  city?
     Venice

23)  Literature, in which Shakespeare play does the line “A horse, a horse. My kingdom for a horse” appear?
Richard III        

24)  What is the Roman numeral for 77?
    LXXVII  

Thank You for the Music  

TEACHERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  What was the title of the 1934 book by James Hilton, and 1939 film by Sam Wood, whose central character is schoolmaster Charles Edward Chipping?
  Goodbye Mr Chips

BQ2)  What was the name of the TV sitcom running from 1968 to 1972, set at Fenn St Secondary Modern School, and starring John Alderton as newly qualified teacher Bernard Hedges.
    Please Sir  

BQ3)  Running from 1956 to 1972, who was the comedy actor who played the headmaster in the BBC TV comedy ‘Whack-O’.
 ‘Professor’ Jimmy Edwards      

Bad Education      

BQ5)  In which series of books does the character Professor Albus Dumbledore appear?
     Harry Potter  

Cats  

The Taoiseach is the prime minister and head of government of Ireland.

[/color][/color]
Hieronymous
Hieronymous

on Sat Feb 16 2019, 10:57
1. Cilla Black

2. Costa del Sol

3. Only When I Laugh

4. ?

5. Clay

6. ?

7. Epidermis