Go down
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 8-3-19 Empty WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 8-3-19

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 19:59
A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
It’s Friday night once more.
Get down here to the Rejects Bar.
Get settled and get your brain cells in gear LOL !!!!
Let’s have beltin’ quiz.
NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 8-3-19

1) Who had a 1961 number one hit with ‘Walkin; Back to Happiness’?

2) Geography, what is the capital of The Shetland Isles?

3) TV, running from 1959 to 1973, what was the name of the Cartwright’s ranch in ‘Bonanza’?

4) Film, which actor played the part of Detective Jimmy ‘Popeye’ Doyle in the 1971 movie ’The French Connection’?

5) What was Baroness Thatcher’s middle name?

6) Food and drink, what name is given to the smooth yoghurt, which translated from the French, literally means 'fresh cheese'?

7) Science, what 'S' word describes types of rock that are formed by the deposition of material at the Earth's surface and within bodies of water?

8 ) What European car manufacturer produces the SUV ‘Touareg’ model?

9) Sport, who in 1954, was the first British athlete to break the sub 4 minute mile?

10) History, who famously stated that 'an army marches on its stomach'?

11) From what 1964 film musical does the song ‘On the Street Where You Live‘ come?

12) What is the name of the Japanese art of producing miniaturised trees in containers called?

13) Literature, who wrote the 1957 second world war novel ‘The Guns of Navarone’?

14) What is the official national bird of the USA?

15) Film, who portrayed Edward Scissorhands in the 1991 film of the same name.

16) TV, which actor played William ‘Compo’ Simmonite in the long running sitcom ‘Last of the Summer Wine’?

17) Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’?

18) Science, what acid is used in a car battery

19) Classical music, ‘The Sorcerer's Apprentice’ by Paul Dukas was used in which 1940 Walt Disney cartoon animation?

20) History, which German Prince of Saxe Coburg Gotha married Queen Victoria in 1840?

21) Food and drink, Tequila is a spirit originating from which country?

22) Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden?

23) Literature, which author created the character George Smiley, an intelligence officer with the British Overseas Intelligence Agency?

24) What King from ancient Greek mythology turned everything he touched into gold?

25) ♪♫ If you ever leave me I'll be sad and blue
Don't you ever leave me, I'm so in love with you
The birds in the sky would be sad and lonely
If they knew that I'd lost my one and only
They'd be sad, ………………………….. ♪♫

From what song are those the opening lyrics, and who sang it?

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) How many fluid ounces are in a pint?

BQ2) How do you write this year of 2019 in Roman numerals?

BQ3) How many feet are there in a fathom?

BQ4) How do you represent the fractional number 1/100 (one hundredth) as a decimal?

BQ5) What is the minimum number of darts needed to score 501 on a standard dartboard?

STINKER) In the TV series `The Lone Ranger` what was Tonto`s horse called?

TRICKY) What was the name of the company that Reggie Perrin worked for in the 70’s sitcom ‘The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin’?
Corky Ringspot
Corky Ringspot

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 8-3-19 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 8-3-19

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:07

1)  Who had a 1961 number one hit with ‘Walkin; Back to Happiness’? Helen Shapiro

2)  Geography, what is the capital of The Shetland Isles? Usk?

3)  TV, running from 1959 to 1973, what was the name of the Cartwright’s ranch in ‘Bonanza’? the Ponderosa

4)  Film, which actor played the part of Detective Jimmy ‘Popeye’ Doyle in the 1971 movie ’The French Connection’? Robert De Niro

5)  What was Baroness Thatcher’s middle name? Hilda

6)  Food and drink, what name is given to the smooth yoghurt, which translated from the French, literally means 'fresh cheese'? Fromage Frais

7)  Science, what 'S' word describes types of rock that are formed by the deposition of material at the Earth's surface and within bodies of water?   Sedimentary

8 )  What European car manufacturer produces the SUV ‘Touareg’ model? Fiat

9)  Sport, who in 1954, was the first British athlete to break the sub 4 minute mile? Roger bannister

10)  History, who famously stated that 'an army marches on its stomach'? Napoleon

11)  From what 1964 film musical does the song ‘On the Street Where You Live‘ come? My fair Lady

12)  What is the name of the Japanese art of producing miniaturised trees in containers called? Bonsai

13)  Literature, who wrote the 1957 second world war novel ‘The Guns of Navarone’? Ian La Carre

14)  What is the official national bird of the USA? Bald Eagle

15)  Film, who portrayed Edward Scissorhands in the 1991 film of the same name. Johnny Depp

16)  TV, which actor played William ‘Compo’ Simmonite in the long running sitcom ‘Last of the Summer Wine’? Bill Owen

17)  Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’? Sandy Shaw

18)  Science, what acid is used in a car battery Sulphuric

19)  Classical music, ‘The Sorcerer's Apprentice’ by Paul Dukas was used in which 1940 Walt Disney cartoon animation? Fantasia

20)  History, which German Prince of Saxe Coburg Gotha married Queen Victoria in 1840? Prince Albert

21)  Food and drink, Tequila is a spirit originating from which country? Mexico

22)  Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden? Zurich

23)  Literature, which author created the character George Smiley, an intelligence officer with the British Overseas Intelligence Agency? AAAGGGHH

24)  What King from ancient Greek mythology turned everything he touched into gold? Midas

25)  ♪♫ If you ever leave me I'll be sad and blue

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  How many fluid ounces are in a pint? 16

BQ2)  How do you write this year of 2019 in Roman numerals? MMXIX

BQ3)  How many feet are there in a fathom? 20

BQ4)  How do you represent the fractional number 1/100 (one hundredth) as a decimal? 0.01

BQ5)  What is the minimum number of darts needed to score 501 on a standard dartboard? Nine

STINKER)  In the TV series `The Lone Ranger` what was Tonto`s horse called? Scout

TRICKY)  What was the name of the company that Reggie Perrin worked for in the 70’s sitcom ‘The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin’? Sunshine Desserts
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:18
@Corky Ringspot wrote:   

1)  Who had a 1961 number one hit with ‘Walkin; Back to Happiness’?   Helen Shapiro

2)  Geography, what is the capital of The Shetland Isles?  Usk?

3)  TV, running from 1959 to 1973, what was the name of the Cartwright’s ranch in ‘Bonanza’?  the Ponderosa

4)  Film, which actor played the part of Detective Jimmy ‘Popeye’ Doyle in the 1971 movie ’The French Connection’?   Robert De Niro

5)  What was Baroness Thatcher’s middle name?  Hilda

6)  Food and drink, what name is given to the smooth yoghurt, which translated from the French, literally means 'fresh cheese'?   Fromage Frais

7)  Science, what 'S' word describes types of rock that are formed by the deposition of material at the Earth's surface and within bodies of water?    Sedimentary

8 )  What European car manufacturer produces the SUV ‘Touareg’ model?   Fiat

9)  Sport, who in 1954, was the first British athlete to break the sub 4 minute mile?   Roger bannister

10)  History, who famously stated that 'an army marches on its stomach'?  Napoleon

11)  From what 1964 film musical does the song ‘On the Street Where You Live‘ come?   My fair Lady

12)  What is the name of the Japanese art of producing miniaturised trees in containers called?   Bonsai

13)  Literature, who wrote the 1957 second world war novel ‘The Guns of Navarone’?  Ian La Carre

14)  What is the official national bird of the USA?  Bald Eagle

15)  Film, who portrayed Edward Scissorhands in the 1991 film of the same name.  Johnny Depp

16)  TV, which actor played William ‘Compo’ Simmonite in the long running sitcom ‘Last of the Summer Wine’?  Bill Owen

17)  Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’?  Sandy Shaw

18)  Science, what acid is used in a car battery   Sulphuric

19)  Classical music, ‘The Sorcerer's Apprentice’ by Paul Dukas was used in which 1940 Walt Disney cartoon animation?   Fantasia

20)  History, which German Prince of Saxe Coburg Gotha married Queen Victoria in 1840?  Prince Albert

21)  Food and drink, Tequila is a spirit originating from which country?   Mexico

22)  Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden?  Zurich

23)  Literature, which author created the character George Smiley, an intelligence officer with the British Overseas Intelligence Agency?  AAAGGGHH

24)  What King from ancient Greek mythology turned everything he touched into gold?  Midas

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  How many fluid ounces are in a pint?  16

BQ2)  How do you write this year of 2019 in Roman numerals?  MMXIX

BQ3)  How many feet are there in a fathom?  20

BQ4)  How do you represent the fractional number 1/100 (one hundredth) as a decimal?  0.01

BQ5)  What is the minimum number of darts needed to score 501 on a standard dartboard?  Nine

STINKER)  In the TV series `The Lone Ranger` what was Tonto`s horse called?   Scout

TRICKY)  What was the name of the company that Reggie Perrin worked for in the 70’s sitcom ‘The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin’?  Sunshine Desserts

A cracking 23 correct Corky, very well played.

EDIT - Forgot to say 'Evening Corky' Embarassed Very Happy

Last edited by raymyjamie on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:23; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:18
@raymyjamie wrote:A very good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
Let’s have beltin’ quiz.
NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1961 number one hit with ‘Walkin; Back to Happiness’? Helen Shapiro

2)  Geography, what is the capital of The Shetland Isles?...Lerwick

3)  TV, running from 1959 to 1973, what was the name of the Cartwright’s ranch in ‘Bonanza’?...Ponderosa

4)  Film, which actor played the part of Detective Jimmy ‘Popeye’ Doyle in the 1971 movie ’The French Connection’?

5)  What was Baroness Thatcher’s middle name?

6)  Food and drink, what name is given to the smooth yoghurt, which translated from the French, literally means 'fresh cheese'?...CREME FRESH mmmmm

7)  Science, what 'S' word describes types of rock that are formed by the deposition of material at the Earth's surface and within bodies of water?  SALT?

8 )  What European car manufacturer produces the SUV ‘Touareg’ model?

9)  Sport, who in 1954, was the first British athlete to break the sub 4 minute mile? Bannister

10)  History, who famously stated that 'an army marches on its stomach'?

11)  From what 1964 film musical does the song ‘On the Street Where You Live‘ come? MY FAIR LADY

12)  What is the name of the Japanese art of producing miniaturised trees in containers called? BONSAI

13)  Literature, who wrote the 1957 second world war novel ‘The Guns of Navarone’?

14)  What is the official national bird of the USA?...EAGLE?

15)  Film, who portrayed Edward Scissorhands in the 1991 film of the same name.

16)  TV, which actor played William ‘Compo’ Simmonite in the long running sitcom ‘Last of the Summer Wine’?

17)  Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’?..Sandie Shaw

18)  Science, what acid is used in a car battery..Sulphuric

19)  Classical music, ‘The Sorcerer's Apprentice’ by Paul Dukas was used in which 1940 Walt Disney cartoon animation?

20)  History, which German Prince of Saxe Coburg Gotha married Queen Victoria in 1840? ALBERT

22)  Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden?

23)  Literature, which author created the character George Smiley, an intelligence officer with the British Overseas Intelligence Agency?...John le Carre

24)  What King from ancient Greek mythology turned everything he touched into gold?..Midas

If they knew that I'd lost my one and only ...BJ KRAMER Bad to me

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  How many fluid ounces are in a pint?

BQ2)  How do you write this year of 2019 in Roman numerals?MMX1X

BQ3)  How many feet are there in a fathom?

BQ4)  How do you represent the fractional number 1/100 (one hundredth) as a decimal?

BQ5)  What is the minimum number of darts needed to score 501 on a standard dartboard? 9?

STINKER)  In the TV series `The Lone Ranger` what was Tonto`s horse called?Kimosabe or was that the lone ranger himself?

TRICKY)  What was the name of the company that Reggie Perrin worked for in the 70’s sitcom ‘The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin’?
maureen
maureen

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:20
1 HelenShapiro
2 Lerwick
3 Ponderosa
5 Hilda
9 Roger Bannister
10 Napoleon Bonaparte
11 My fair lady
12 Bonsai
13 Alistair Maclean
The bald eagle
15 Johnny Depp
16 Bill Owen
17 Sandie Shaw
20 Albert
21 Mexico
22 Stockholm
24 Midas
Bq1 20
3 ..6
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:22
@Admin wrote:
Let’s have beltin’ quiz.
NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1961 number one hit with ‘Walkin; Back to Happiness’?  Helen Shapiro

2)  Geography, what is the capital of The Shetland Isles?...Lerwick

3)  TV, running from 1959 to 1973, what was the name of the Cartwright’s ranch in ‘Bonanza’?...Ponderosa

4)  Film, which actor played the part of Detective Jimmy ‘Popeye’ Doyle in the 1971 movie ’The French Connection’?

6)  Food and drink, what name is given to the smooth yoghurt, which translated from the French, literally means 'fresh cheese'?...CREME FRESH  mmmmm

7)  Science, what 'S' word describes types of rock that are formed by the deposition of material at the Earth's surface and within bodies of water?  SALT?

8 )  What European car manufacturer produces the SUV ‘Touareg’ model?

9)  Sport, who in 1954, was the first British athlete to break the sub 4 minute mile?  Bannister

11)  From what 1964 film musical does the song ‘On the Street Where You Live‘ come? MY FAIR LADY

12)  What is the name of the Japanese art of producing miniaturised trees in containers called?  BONSAI

13)  Literature, who wrote the 1957 second world war novel ‘The Guns of Navarone’?

14)  What is the official national bird of the USA?...EAGLE?

15)  Film, who portrayed Edward Scissorhands in the 1991 film of the same name.

16)  TV, which actor played William ‘Compo’ Simmonite in the long running sitcom ‘Last of the Summer Wine’?

17)  Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’?..Sandie Shaw

18)  Science, what acid is used in a car battery..Sulphuric

19)  Classical music, ‘The Sorcerer's Apprentice’ by Paul Dukas was used in which 1940 Walt Disney cartoon animation?

20)  History, which German Prince of Saxe Coburg Gotha married Queen Victoria in 1840?  ALBERT

22)  Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden?

23)  Literature, which author created the character George Smiley, an intelligence officer with the British Overseas Intelligence Agency?...John le Carre

24)  What King from ancient Greek mythology turned everything he touched into gold?..Midas

If they knew that I'd lost my one and only ...BJ KRAMER Bad to me

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ2)  How do you write this year of 2019 in Roman numerals?MMX1X

BQ4)  How do you represent the fractional number 1/100 (one hundredth) as a decimal?

BQ5)  What is the minimum number of darts needed to score 501 on a standard dartboard? 9?

STINKER)  In the TV series `The Lone Ranger` what was Tonto`s horse called?Kimosabe or was that the lone ranger himself? Yes, it was the Lone Ranger

TRICKY)  What was the name of the company that Reggie Perrin worked for in the 70’s sitcom ‘The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin’?

Evening Mrs A.

An excellent 16 correct, well done.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:25
@maureen wrote:1 HelenShapiro
2 Lerwick
3 Ponderosa
5 Hilda
9 Roger Bannister
10 Napoleon Bonaparte
11 My fair lady
12 Bonsai
13 Alistair Maclean
The bald eagle
15 Johnny Depp
16 Bill Owen
17 Sandie Shaw
20 Albert
21 Mexico
22 Stockholm
24 Midas
Bq1 20
    3 ..6

Evening  Mo.

A really first class bit of quizzing, 19 correct, well done.

Last edited by raymyjamie on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:27; edited 1 time in total
Lima Lima
Lima Lima

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:26
Let’s have beltin’ quiz.
NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1961 number one hit with ‘Walkin; Back to Happiness’?

2)  Geography, what is the capital of The Shetland Isles? Peterport?

3)  TV, running from 1959 to 1973, what was the name of the Cartwright’s ranch in ‘Bonanza’?

4)  Film, which actor played the part of Detective Jimmy ‘Popeye’ Doyle in the 1971 movie ’The French Connection’? Michael Caine?

5)  What was Baroness Thatcher’s middle name? Milk snatcher?

6)  Food and drink, what name is given to the smooth yoghurt, which translated from the French, literally means 'fresh cheese'? Fromage frais

7)  Science, what 'S' word describes types of rock that are formed by the deposition of material at the Earth's surface and within bodies of water?  Sedimentary

8 )  What European car manufacturer produces the SUV ‘Touareg’ model? VW

9)  Sport, who in 1954, was the first British athlete to break the sub 4 minute mile? Roger bannister

10)  History, who famously stated that 'an army marches on its stomach'? Winston Churchill?

11)  From what 1964 film musical does the song ‘On the Street Where You Live‘ come? My fair lady?

12)  What is the name of the Japanese art of producing miniaturised trees in containers called? Bonsai

14)  What is the official national bird of the USA? Golden eagle?

15)  Film, who portrayed Edward Scissorhands in the 1991 film of the same name. Johnny Depp

16)  TV, which actor played William ‘Compo’ Simmonite in the long running sitcom ‘Last of the Summer Wine’? Bill Owen?

17)  Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’? Sandy shaw

18)  Science, what acid is used in a car battery sulphuric

19)  Classical music, ‘The Sorcerer's Apprentice’ by Paul Dukas was used in which 1940 Walt Disney cartoon animation? Fantasia

20)  History, which German Prince of Saxe Coburg Gotha married Queen Victoria in 1840? Prince Albert

22)  Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden? Stockholm

23)  Literature, which author created the character George Smiley, an intelligence officer with the British Overseas Intelligence Agency? John Le carre?

24)  What King from ancient Greek mythology turned everything he touched into gold? Midas

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ2)  How do you write this year of 2019 in Roman numerals? MMIXX

BQ4)  How do you represent the fractional number 1/100 (one hundredth) as a decimal? 0.01

BQ5)  What is the minimum number of darts needed to score 501 on a standard dartboard? 9

STINKER)  In the TV series `The Lone Ranger` what was Tonto`s horse called?

flaming Norah! There’s some absolute stinkers in there! A bad day at the office for me.
AWP1983
AWP1983

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 8-3-19 Empty Re: Friday Night Pub Quiz

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:26
2) Lerwick
6) fromage frais
7) Sedimentary 
9) Roger Bannister
10) Napoleon Bonaparte
12) Bonzai
13) Alistair MacLean?
14) Bald Eagle
15) Johnny Depp
16) Bill Owen
18) Lead?
19) Fantasia
20) Prince Albert
21) Spain
22) Stockholm
24) Midas

BQ1) 20 Imperial?
BQ2) MMXIX
BQ3) 6ft
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:30
@Lima Lima wrote:
Let’s have beltin’ quiz.
NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1961 number one hit with ‘Walkin; Back to Happiness’?

2)  Geography, what is the capital of The Shetland Isles? Peterport?

3)  TV, running from 1959 to 1973, what was the name of the Cartwright’s ranch in ‘Bonanza’?

4)  Film, which actor played the part of Detective Jimmy ‘Popeye’ Doyle in the 1971 movie ’The French Connection’? Michael Caine?

5)  What was Baroness Thatcher’s middle name? Milk snatcher? LOL!!!!

6)  Food and drink, what name is given to the smooth yoghurt, which translated from the French, literally means 'fresh cheese'? Fromage frais

7)  Science, what 'S' word describes types of rock that are formed by the deposition of material at the Earth's surface and within bodies of water?  Sedimentary

8 )  What European car manufacturer produces the SUV ‘Touareg’ model? VW

10)  History, who famously stated that 'an army marches on its stomach'? Winston Churchill?

11)  From what 1964 film musical does the song ‘On the Street Where You Live‘ come? My fair lady?

14)  What is the official national bird of the USA? Golden eagle?

16)  TV, which actor played William ‘Compo’ Simmonite in the long running sitcom ‘Last of the Summer Wine’? Bill Owen?

17)  Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’? Sandy shaw

18)  Science, what acid is used in a car battery sulphuric

22)  Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden? Stockholm

23)  Literature, which author created the character George Smiley, an intelligence officer with the British Overseas Intelligence Agency? John Le carre?

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ2)  How do you write this year of 2019 in Roman numerals? MMIXX

BQ5)  What is the minimum number of darts needed to score 501 on a standard dartboard? 9

STINKER)  In the TV series `The Lone Ranger` what was Tonto`s horse called?

flaming Norah!  There’s some absolute stinkers in there! A bad day at the office for me.

Evening LL.

Stinkers or not you got a very impressive 20 correct, well done.
Gassey
Gassey

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:32
Let’s have beltin’ quiz.
NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1961 number one hit with ‘Walkin; Back to Happiness’? HELEN SHAPIRO

2)  Geography, what is the capital of The Shetland Isles? LERWICK

3)  TV, running from 1959 to 1973, what was the name of the Cartwright’s ranch in ‘Bonanza’? PONDEROSA

4)  Film, which actor played the part of Detective Jimmy ‘Popeye’ Doyle in the 1971 movie ’The French Connection’?GENE HACKMAN

6)  Food and drink, what name is given to the smooth yoghurt, which translated from the French, literally means 'fresh cheese'?

7)  Science, what 'S' word describes types of rock that are formed by the deposition of material at the Earth's surface and within bodies of water? SEDIMNTARY 

8 )  What European car manufacturer produces the SUV ‘Touareg’ model? VOLKSWAGEN

9)  Sport, who in 1954, was the first British athlete to break the sub 4 minute mile? SIR ROGER BANNISTER

12)  What is the name of the Japanese art of producing miniaturised trees in containers called? BONSAI

14)  What is the official national bird of the USA? BALD EAGLE

15)  Film, who portrayed Edward Scissorhands in the 1991 film of the same name. JOHNNY DEPP

16)  TV, which actor played William ‘Compo’ Simmonite in the long running sitcom ‘Last of the Summer Wine’? BILL OWEN

17)  Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’? SANDIE SHAW

18)  Science, what acid is used in a car battery SULFURIC

19)  Classical music, ‘The Sorcerer's Apprentice’ by Paul Dukas was used in which 1940 Walt Disney cartoon animation? FANTASIA

20)  History, which German Prince of Saxe Coburg Gotha married Queen Victoria in 1840?

21)  Food and drink, Tequila is a spirit originating from which country? MEXICO

22)  Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden? HELSINKI

23)  Literature, which author created the character George Smiley, an intelligence officer with the British Overseas Intelligence Agency?

24)  What King from ancient Greek mythology turned everything he touched into gold? MIDAS

DONT BE BAD TO ME BILLY J KRAMER AND THE DAKOTAS

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  How many fluid ounces are in a pint? 20

BQ2)  How do you write this year of 2019 in Roman numerals? MMX1X

BQ3)  How many feet are there in a fathom? SIX

BQ4)  How do you represent the fractional number 1/100 (one hundredth) as a decimal? .01

BQ5)  What is the minimum number of darts needed to score 501 on a standard dartboard? NINE

STINKER)  In the TV series `The Lone Ranger` what was Tonto`s horse called? SILVER

jo anne
jo anne

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:32
Evening, Ray Smile
1)
2)
3) ponderosa
4)
5)
6) fromage frais
7) sedimentary
8 )
9) roger bannister
10)
11) my fair lady
12) bonsai
13)
14) bald eagle
15) Johnny depp
16) bill Owen
17) Sandi Shaw
18) sulphuric
19) Fantasia
20) prince albert
21) Mexico
22) Stockholm
23)
24) Midas
25)

BQ1) 14
BQ2) MMXIX
BQ3) 12
BQ4) 0.01
BQ5) 9

STINKER) silver
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:33
@AWP1983 wrote:2) Lerwick
6) fromage frais
7) Sedimentary 
9) Roger Bannister
10) Napoleon Bonaparte
12) Bonzai
13) Alistair MacLean?
14) Bald Eagle
15) Johnny Depp
16) Bill Owen
18) Lead?
19) Fantasia
20) Prince Albert
21) Spain
22) Stockholm
24) Midas

BQ1) 20 Imperial?
BQ2) MMXIX
BQ3) 6ft

Evening AWP.

A really impressive 17 correct, well done.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:36
@Gassey wrote:
Let’s have beltin’ quiz.
NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

1)  Who had a 1961 number one hit with ‘Walkin; Back to Happiness’?   HELEN SHAPIRO

2)  Geography, what is the capital of The Shetland Isles?   LERWICK

3)  TV, running from 1959 to 1973, what was the name of the Cartwright’s ranch in ‘Bonanza’?  PONDEROSA

4)  Film, which actor played the part of Detective Jimmy ‘Popeye’ Doyle in the 1971 movie ’The French Connection’?GENE HACKMAN

6)  Food and drink, what name is given to the smooth yoghurt, which translated from the French, literally means 'fresh cheese'?

7)  Science, what 'S' word describes types of rock that are formed by the deposition of material at the Earth's surface and within bodies of water?    SEDIMNTARY 

8 )  What European car manufacturer produces the SUV ‘Touareg’ model?  VOLKSWAGEN

9)  Sport, who in 1954, was the first British athlete to break the sub 4 minute mile?   SIR ROGER BANNISTER

11)  From what 1964 film musical does the song ‘On the Street Where You Live‘ come?   MY FAIR LADY

12)  What is the name of the Japanese art of producing miniaturised trees in containers called?  BONSAI  

14)  What is the official national bird of the USA?   BALD EAGLE

15)  Film, who portrayed Edward Scissorhands in the 1991 film of the same name.  JOHNNY DEPP

16)  TV, which actor played William ‘Compo’ Simmonite in the long running sitcom ‘Last of the Summer Wine’?         BILL OWEN  

17)  Who had a 1967 number one hit with ‘Puppet on a String’?   SANDIE SHAW

18)  Science, what acid is used in a car battery    SULFURIC

19)  Classical music, ‘The Sorcerer's Apprentice’ by Paul Dukas was used in which 1940 Walt Disney cartoon animation?    FANTASIA

20)  History, which German Prince of Saxe Coburg Gotha married Queen Victoria in 1840?

21)  Food and drink, Tequila is a spirit originating from which country?   MEXICO

22)  Geography, what is the capital city of Sweden?    HELSINKI

23)  Literature, which author created the character George Smiley, an intelligence officer with the British Overseas Intelligence Agency?

24)  What King from ancient Greek mythology turned everything he touched into gold?     MIDAS

DONT BE BAD TO ME          BILLY J KRAMER AND THE DAKOTAS

NUMBERS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  How many fluid ounces are in a pint?    20

BQ2)  How do you write this year of 2019 in Roman numerals?    MMX1X

BQ3)  How many feet are there in a fathom?   SIX

BQ4)  How do you represent the fractional number 1/100 (one hundredth) as a decimal?   .01

BQ5)  What is the minimum number of darts needed to score 501 on a standard dartboard?    NINE

STINKER)  In the TV series `The Lone Ranger` what was Tonto`s horse called?    SILVER

Evening Gassey.

A really impressive 23 correct, well
AWP1983
AWP1983

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:37
Thank you Ray. Feeling pleased with my score, some really tricky ones this week.  WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 8-3-19 709307421
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:38
@jo anne wrote:Evening, Ray Smile
1)
2)
3) ponderosa
4)
5)
6) fromage frais
7) sedimentary
8 )
9) roger bannister
10)
11) my fair lady
12) bonsai
13)
14) bald eagle
15) Johnny depp
16) bill Owen
17) Sandi Shaw
18) sulphuric
19) Fantasia
20) prince albert
21) Mexico
22) Stockholm
23)
24) Midas
25)

BQ1) 14
BQ2)  MMXIX
BQ3) 12
BQ4) 0.01
BQ5) 9

STINKER) silver

Evening Jo Anne.

A really excellent 19 corrrect, well done you.
jo anne
jo anne

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:39
Thanks, Ray Smile
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:41
@AWP1983 wrote:Thank you Ray. Feeling pleased with my score, some really tricky ones this week.  WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 8-3-19 709307421

Cheers AWP.

If I make the questions too easy, folk will get bored,

if I make them too hard, folk will lose interest.

It's all about 'balance'.

Anyroad, very well played tonight.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:42
@jo anne wrote:Thanks, Ray Smile

Thank you Jo Anne, an excellent score from you, well done.
Corky Ringspot
Corky Ringspot

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:43
Thanks again Ray. Another great quiz. WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 8-3-19 709307421
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:45
Thank you Corky.

Can't believe you did the quiz in 7 minutes, very well done.
Gassey
Gassey

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:48
evening Ray another grand quiz , thanks yet again
theyre much appreciated WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 8-3-19 709307421
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:50
You're very welcome Gassey.

A cracking round from you.
maureen
maureen

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 20:59
Thanks very much Ray..I enjoyed that,you're only good.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Fri 08 Mar 2019, 21:00
Thank you Mo, you're very welcome.

You played a blinder WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 8-3-19 3530011831
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum