Go down
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 19-4-19 - Page 2 Empty WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 19-4-19

on Fri Apr 19 2019, 20:00
First topic message reminder :

A very Good Friday evening to you lovely Rejects
It’s Quiz Night once more.
Get down here to the Rejects Bar.
Get settled with your usual tipple.
Enjoy the quiz.
NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 19-4-19

1) Who had a 1981 hit with ‘Prince Charming’?

2) Geography, by area, what is the largest country in South America?

3) TV, in which 1970’s / 1980’s sitcom would you find the character Nurse Gladys Emmanuel?

4) Film, who played the title role in the 1989 British romantic comedy ‘Shirley Valentine’?

5) What does each star on the flag of the United States stand for?

6) Food and drink, what type of foodstuff is ‘Farfalle’?

7) Science, in Newton’s equation E = MC2 what does the ‘C’ stand for?

8 What car manufacturer makes the SUV ‘Kuga’ model?

9) Sport, what colour jacket does the winner of the US Masters Golf Tournament get?

10) History, what was the American codename for the development of the atomic bomb?

11) From what Andrew Lloyd-Webber musical does the song ‘The Music of the Night’ come?

12) Which chess piece can only move diagonally?

13) Literature, in which book do the people of Lilliput appear?

14) In the NATO phonetic alphabet, what word is used to denote the letter ‘F’?

15) Film, who starred in the title role of the 1994 comedy drama ‘Forrest Gump’?

16) TV, in which 1989 sitcom did Stephen Fry play Colonel Melchett?

17) Which supergroup had a massive 1987 multi million selling album ‘The Joshua Tree’?

18) Science, what is the name of the element with the chemical symbol ‘He’?

19) Classical music, who composed the famous ‘1812 Overture’?

20) History, which one of Henry VIII's wives did he refer to as 'The Flanders Mare', his marriage lasting only 184 days before he divorced her?

21) Food and drink, ‘Gala’, ‘Pink Lady’ and ‘Golden Russet’ are types of what foodstuff?

22) Geography, which island to the south of India used to be called Ceylon?

23) Literature, who wrote the novel .Robinson Crusoe’?

24) What does a numismatist collect?

25) ♪♫ Oh, my love, my darling
I've hungered for your touch
A long, lonely time
Time goes by so slowly
And time can do so much
Are you still mine?
I need your love
I need your love
God speed your love to me♪♫

From what song are those the opening lines?

BRITISH SEASIDE RESORTS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) Where is Britain’s longest seaside pier?

BQ2) Where would you find the roller coaster known as the ‘Big One’?

BQ3) Near which seaside town is the limestone headland known as The Great Orms?

BQ4) In Bram Stoker’s 1897 novel, Count Dracula, in the form of a black dog, arrives at which seaside resort?

BQ5) In which seaside resort did George, Prince of Wales, later to become King George IV, build ‘The Royal Pavilion’?

STINKER) In which film franchise does the character Jar Jar Binks appear?

TRICKY) Baile Atha Cliath is the Gaelic name for which European city?

raymyjamie
raymyjamie

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 19-4-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 19-4-19

on Sat Apr 20 2019, 12:21
Don't worry about it Marie, I'm sure you tried your best.

The main thing is you are sorted now.

If you've not seen the answers you could have a go at the quiz.
Corky Ringspot
Corky Ringspot

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 19-4-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 19-4-19

on Sat Apr 20 2019, 22:25
Better late etc. 22.20

1)  Who had a 1981 hit with ‘Prince Charming’? Adam & the ants

2)  Geography, by area, what is the largest country in South America? Brazil

3)  TV, in which 1970’s / 1980’s sitcom would you find the character Nurse Gladys Emmanuel? Linda Bellingham

4)  Film, who played the title role in the 1989 British romantic comedy ‘Shirley Valentine’? Pauline Collins

5)  What does each star on the flag of the United States stand for? Each state

6)  Food and drink, what type of foodstuff is ‘Farfalle’? Knotted milk

7)  Science, in Newton’s equation E = MC2 what does the ‘C’ stand for? AAAGGGHHH

8   What car manufacturer makes the SUV ‘Kuga’ model? Ford

9)  Sport, what colour jacket does the winner of the US Masters Golf Tournament get? Green

10)  History, what was the American codename for the development of the atomic bomb? Manhattan Project

11)  From what Andrew Lloyd-Webber musical does the song ‘The Music of the Night’ come? Phantom

12)  Which chess piece can only move diagonally? Bishop

13)  Literature, in which book do the people of Lilliput appear? Gulliver's Travels

14)  In the NATO phonetic alphabet, what word is used to denote the letter ‘F’? Foxtrot

15)  Film, who starred in the title role of the 1994 comedy drama ‘Forrest Gump’? Tom Hanks

16)  TV, in which 1989 sitcom did Stephen Fry play Colonel Melchett? Blackadder Goes Forth

17)  Which supergroup had a massive 1987 multi million selling album ‘The Joshua Tree’? ???????/

18)  Science, what is the name of the element with the chemical symbol ‘He’? Helium

19)  Classical music, who composed the famous ‘1812 Overture’? Tchaikovski

20)  History, which one of Henry VIII's wives did he refer to as 'The Flanders Mare', his marriage lasting only 184 days before he divorced her? Catherine Of Aragon

21)  Food and drink, ‘Gala’, ‘Pink Lady’ and ‘Golden Russet’ are types of what foodstuff? Apples

22)  Geography, which island to the south of India used to be called Ceylon? Sri Lanka

23)  Literature, who wrote the novel .Robinson Crusoe’? Daniel Defoe

24)  What does a numismatist collect? Stamps

25)  ♪♫ Oh, my love, my darling
             A long, lonely time
             Time goes by so slowly
             And time can do so much
             Are you still mine?
              I need your love
              I need your love

From what song are those the opening lines? Unchained Melody

BQ1)  Where is Britain’s longest seaside pier? southend

BQ2)  Where would you find the roller coaster known as the ‘Big One’? Blackpool

BQ3)  Near which seaside town is the limestone headland known as The Great Orms? Llandudno

BQ4)  In Bram Stoker’s 1897 novel, Count Dracula, in the form of a black dog,  arrives at which seaside resort? Whitby

BQ5)  In which seaside resort did George, Prince of Wales, later to become King George IV, build ‘The Royal Pavilion’? Brighton

STINKER)  In which film franchise does the character Jar Jar Binks appear? Star Wars

TRICKY)  Baile Atha Cliath is the Gaelic name for which European city? Dublin
raymyjamie
raymyjamie

on Sat Apr 20 2019, 22:56
@Corky Ringspot wrote:Better late etc.  22.20

1)  Who had a 1981 hit with ‘Prince Charming’?    Adam & the ants

2)  Geography, by area, what is the largest country in South America?  Brazil

3)  TV, in which 1970’s / 1980’s sitcom would you find the character Nurse Gladys Emmanuel?  Linda Bellingham Read the soddin' question LOL!!!!

4)  Film, who played the title role in the 1989 British romantic comedy ‘Shirley Valentine’?  Pauline Collins

5)  What does each star on the flag of the United States stand for?  Each state

6)  Food and drink, what type of foodstuff is ‘Farfalle’?   Knotted milk

7)  Science, in Newton’s equation E = MC2 what does the ‘C’ stand for?   AAAGGGHHH

8   What car manufacturer makes the SUV ‘Kuga’ model?   Ford

9)  Sport, what colour jacket does the winner of the US Masters Golf Tournament get?   Green

10)  History, what was the American codename for the development of the atomic bomb?   Manhattan Project

11)  From what Andrew Lloyd-Webber musical does the song ‘The Music of the Night’ come?  Phantom

12)  Which chess piece can only move diagonally?   Bishop

13)  Literature, in which book do the people of Lilliput appear?   Gulliver's Travels

14)  In the NATO phonetic alphabet, what word is used to denote the letter ‘F’?     Foxtrot

15)  Film, who starred in the title role of the 1994 comedy drama ‘Forrest Gump’?   Tom Hanks

16)  TV, in which 1989 sitcom did Stephen Fry play Colonel Melchett?   Blackadder Goes Forth

17)  Which supergroup had a massive 1987 multi million selling album ‘The Joshua Tree’?  ???????/

18)  Science, what is the name of the element with the chemical symbol ‘He’?    Helium

19)  Classical music, who composed the famous ‘1812 Overture’?      Tchaikovski

20)  History, which one of Henry VIII's wives did he refer to as 'The Flanders Mare', his marriage lasting only 184 days before he divorced her?   Catherine Of Aragon

21)  Food and drink, ‘Gala’, ‘Pink Lady’ and ‘Golden Russet’ are types of what foodstuff?   Apples

22)  Geography, which island to the south of India used to be called Ceylon?  Sri Lanka

23)  Literature, who wrote the novel .Robinson Crusoe’?   Daniel Defoe

24)  What does a numismatist collect?   Stamps

25)  ♪♫ Oh, my love, my darling
             A long, lonely time
             Time goes by so slowly
             And time can do so much
             Are you still mine?
              I need your love
              I need your love

From what song are those the opening lines?     Unchained Melody

BQ1)  Where is Britain’s longest seaside pier?   southend

BQ2)  Where would you find the roller coaster known as the ‘Big One’?   Blackpool

BQ3)  Near which seaside town is the limestone headland known as The Great Orms?    Llandudno

BQ4)  In Bram Stoker’s 1897 novel, Count Dracula, in the form of a black dog,  arrives at which seaside resort?  Whitby

BQ5)  In which seaside resort did George, Prince of Wales, later to become King George IV, build ‘The Royal Pavilion’?   Brighton

STINKER)  In which film franchise does the character Jar Jar Binks appear?    Star Wars

TRICKY)  Baile Atha Cliath is the Gaelic name for which European city?   Dublin

A cracking score of 26 correct Mester Corky, well done.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum