Go down
dickypoos
dickypoos

Grave robbers Empty Grave robbers

on Wed May 15 2019, 08:12
Are any of you experiencing items being taken from graves . We lived in a quiet ( still is ) village in Herefordshire , my mum and dad moved down to live with us when they started getting a little frail . They both died a few years back , and although we have moved 65 miles away we go to the grave about once a month . During the past 3 years flower ornaments , vases and containers have all been " removed" , (not by the church ). They have all been replaced in time , we are due out again today , with a replacement square flower ornament/flower holder . This is a very quiet rural village , miles from any town .So it's NOT kids . Sad Sad Sad

Grave robbers Empty Re: Grave robbers

on Wed May 15 2019, 09:12
Have you asked the church DP. Some churches do remove things, but I suspect not flowers, unless they have wilted and died, then maybe they are removed in a general tidy up. Also I think some churches have rules on the size of an ornament and how many can be put on a grave. It must be very upsetting for you to keep having things removed.
tonker
tonker

on Wed May 15 2019, 09:23
It's drug dealers!
Joseph
Joseph

on Wed May 15 2019, 09:54
I actually caught a couple stealing the flowers from my parents grave, I had only gone to the tap to fill a bottle and as I was walking back I saw the woman who was in her early sixties and her husband take the bouquet and start to walk off. I grabbed her collar and threw her to the floor/grass, she looked surprised to say the least, so I let rip and tore them both a strip off, they came back with threats of going to get their son so I invited them to do so and told them I would be at the grave waiting. They never came back. This was at Gidlow and these types do it often up there.

Last edited by Joseph on Thu May 16 2019, 18:36; edited 1 time in total
dickypoos
dickypoos

on Thu May 16 2019, 00:38
I spoke to the grass cutter who was working today . They have not removed any items . The grave is just a headstone , a plinth it sits on and now a new small 6" cube for the flowers . Not ornate at all .Sad what people will do as Joseph has pointed out .
Little Jim
Little Jim

on Thu Jun 13 2019, 17:04
My brother in Law put a mark on the pot he put on his parents grave
tonker
tonker

on Thu Jun 13 2019, 17:24
It's drug dealers!
Sponsored content