Share
Go down
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 15525
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

on Fri Jun 07 2019, 20:00
First topic message reminder :

A very Good Evening to you lovely Rejects
It’s Friday night once more.
Get settled in your favourite seat.
Let’s have a cracker of a quiz.
NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

1) Who had a 1963 number one hit with the double ‘A’ side ‘The Next Time / Bachelor Boy’

2) Geography, which river separates Cornwall from Devon?

3) TV, who played Rene Artois in the WW2 comedy `Allo Allo`?

4) Film, who played the title role in David Lean’s 1965 film ‘Doctor Zhivago’?

5) ‘Porcine’ is the descriptive adjective of which animal?

6) Food and drink, what type of foodstuff is ‘Feta’?

7) Science, which planet in our solar system is farthest from the sun?

8 ) In relation to cars, what does the acronym ‘SUV’ mean?

9) Sport, which British athlete won gold in both the 5,000 and 10,000 metres in the Summer Olympics in 2016?

10) History, from which country did Algeria gain independence on 5th July 1962?

11) From what 1964 Walt Disney film musical does the song ‘A Spoonful of Sugar’come?

12) Larry Adler was famous for playing what instrument?

13) Literature, who created the children’s character Noddy?

14) How many cents are there in a US nickel?

15) Film, what is the name of the 1985 film starring Harrison Ford as Detective John Book who is charged with protecting a young Amish boy?

16) TV, on which comedy show might you have seen Statler and Waldorf?

17) Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, Davy Jones, and Peter Tork were members of which 1960’s pop group?

18) Science, the MMR vaccine protects against which three diseases?

19) Classical music, who wrote the opera ‘Die Zauberflöte’, in English, ‘The Magic Flute’?

20) History, how was New York known prior to 1664?

21) Food and drink, what colour is the drink Absynthe?

22) Geography, ‘Uluru’ is the Aboriginal name for which well known Australian geographical feature?

23) Literature, what was the name of the 1936 novel by Daphne Du Maurier about Cornish shipwreckers?

24) In the NATO phonetic alphabet, what word is used for the letter ‘N’?

25) ♪♫ Come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the * * * * * * * * * * *
Come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the * * * * * * * * * * *♪♫

Fill in the missing words for the title of this Manfred Mann song

POP HITS BY COMEDIANS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1) Which comedian had the massive-selling 1965 hit ‘Tears’?

BQ2) Which comedian had a novelty hit with ‘My Boomerang Won’t Come Back’?

BQ3) Which comedy actor had a 1971 number one hit with ‘Granddad’?

BQ4) From the 1979 film ‘Life of Brian’, which comedy actor wrote and sang the song ’Always Look on the Bright Side of Life’?

BQ5) Which comedian had a 1975 number one hit with ‘D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

STINKER) What is the chemical symbol for Potassium?

TRICKY) In the TV sitcom ‘The Good Life’, what was the surname of Tom and Barbara Good’s next door neighbours Margo and Jerry?

raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 15525
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

on Fri Jun 07 2019, 21:38
@FOSSIL wrote:I am normally just home from the pub at this time, struggling to focus,but not a drop has passed my lips tonight so enjoyed the quiz,thanks.

Thanks a lot FOSSIL, you played a cracker.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 15525
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

on Fri Jun 07 2019, 21:40
@jo anne wrote:Evening, Ray Smile
1) Cliff Richard
2) dart
3)
4) Omar sharif
5) pig
6) cheese
7) Pluto
8 )
9) mo farah
10) France
11) Mary poppins
12)
13) Enid blyton
14) 5
15) witness
16) Muppet show
17) the monkees
18) mumps measles rubella
19) Mozart
20)
21. green
22) ayres rock
23) Jamaica inn
24) November
25) mighty quin

BQ1) Ken Dodd
BQ2) Charlie drake
BQ3) Clive Dunn
BQ4) Eric idle
BQ5) Dolly Parton

STINKER) k
TRICKY) leadbetter

Evening Jo Anne.

A super score of 25 correct, very well done.


Your Q7 answer used to be correct, but Pluto was demoted to a Dwarf Planet in 2006.


Last edited by raymyjamie on Fri Jun 07 2019, 21:43; edited 1 time in total
Gassey
Gassey
Posts : 2460
Join date : 2016-10-18
Age : 66
Location : Pemberton

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

on Fri Jun 07 2019, 21:41
Thanks for Fridays entertainment Ray , another
grand un thanks for your time, and efforts WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 3530011831
jo anne
jo anne
Posts : 4563
Join date : 2015-06-04

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

on Fri Jun 07 2019, 21:41
Thanks, Ray Smile
Lima Lima
Lima Lima
Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-01-25
Age : 45

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

on Fri Jun 07 2019, 21:43
@raymyjamie wrote:A very Good Evening to you lovely Rejects
It’s Friday night once more.
Get settled in your favourite seat.
Let’s have a cracker of a quiz.
NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

1)  Who had a 1963 number one hit with the double ‘A’ side ‘The Next Time / Bachelor Boy’ cliff Richard

2)  Geography, which river separates Cornwall from Devon?

3)  TV, who played Rene Artois in the WW2 comedy `Allo Allo`? Gordon Kaye

4)  Film, who played the title role in David Lean’s 1965 film ‘Doctor Zhivago’? Omar sharif

5)  ‘Porcine’ is the descriptive adjective of which animal? Pigs

6)  Food and drink, what type of foodstuff is ‘Feta’? Cheese

7)  Science, which planet in our solar system is farthest from the sun? Neptune?

8 )  In relation to cars, what does the acronym ‘SUV’ mean? Sports utility vehicle?

9)  Sport, which British athlete won gold in both the 5,000 and 10,000 metres in the Summer Olympics in 2016? Mo farah

10)  History, from which country did Algeria gain independence on 5th July 1962? France?

11)  From what 1964 Walt Disney film musical does the song ‘A Spoonful of ...... Mary poppins

12)  Larry Adler was famous for playing what instrument? Harmonica

13)  Literature, who created the children’s character Noddy? Enid blyton?

14)  How many cents are there in a US nickel? 5?

15)  Film, what is the name of the 1985 film starring Harrison Ford as Detective John Book who is charged with protecting a young Amish boy? Witness?

16)  TV, on which comedy show might you have seen Statler and Waldorf? The muppet show

17)  Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, Davy Jones, and Peter Tork  were members of which 1960’s pop group? The monkees

18)  Science, the MMR vaccine protects against which three diseases? Mumps, measles and rubella

19)  Classical music, who wrote the opera ‘Die Zauberflöte’, in English, ‘The Magic Flute’? Mozart?

20)  History, how was New York known prior to 1664?

21)  Food and drink, what colour is the drink Absynthe? Green?

22)  Geography, ‘Uluru’ is the Aboriginal name for which well known Australian geographical feature? Ayers Rock

23)  Literature, what was the name of the 1936 novel by Daphne Du Maurier about Cornish shipwreckers? Jamaica inn

24)  In the NATO phonetic alphabet, what word is used for the letter ‘N’? November?

25)  ♪♫ Come all without, come all within
             You'll not see nothing like the * * * * * *    * * * * *
              Come all without, come all within
              You'll not see nothing like the * * * * * *    * * * * *♪♫

Fill in the missing words for the title of this Manfred Mann song the mighty Quinn

POP HITS BY COMEDIANS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Which comedian had the massive-selling 1965 hit ‘Tears’?

BQ2)  Which comedian had a novelty hit with ‘My Boomerang Won’t Come Back’? Charlie drake

BQ3)  Which comedy actor had a 1971 number one hit with ‘Granddad’? Clive Dunn

BQ4)  From the 1979 film ‘Life of Brian’, which comedy actor wrote and sang the song ’Always Look on the Bright Side of Life’? Eric Idle

BQ5)  Which comedian had a 1975 number one hit with ‘D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

STINKER)  What is the chemical symbol for Potassium? K

TRICKY)  In the TV sitcom ‘The Good Life’, what was the surname of Tom and Barbara Good’s next door neighbours Margo and Jerry?

Solo effort tonight Ray but think some of the questions were in my favour.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 15525
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

on Fri Jun 07 2019, 21:47
@Lima Lima wrote:
@raymyjamie wrote:A very Good Evening to you lovely Rejects
It’s Friday night once more.
Get settled in your favourite seat.
Let’s have a cracker of a quiz.
NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

1)  Who had a 1963 number one hit with the double ‘A’ side ‘The Next Time / Bachelor Boy’ cliff Richard

2)  Geography, which river separates Cornwall from Devon?

3)  TV, who played Rene Artois in the WW2 comedy `Allo Allo`? Gordon Kaye

4)  Film, who played the title role in David Lean’s 1965 film ‘Doctor Zhivago’? Omar sharif

5)  ‘Porcine’ is the descriptive adjective of which animal? Pigs

6)  Food and drink, what type of foodstuff is ‘Feta’? Cheese

7)  Science, which planet in our solar system is farthest from the sun? Neptune?

8 )  In relation to cars, what does the acronym ‘SUV’ mean? Sports utility vehicle?

9)  Sport, which British athlete won gold in both the 5,000 and 10,000 metres in the Summer Olympics in 2016? Mo farah

10)  History, from which country did Algeria gain independence on 5th July 1962? France?

11)  From what 1964 Walt Disney film musical does the song ‘A Spoonful of  ...... Mary poppins

12)  Larry Adler was famous for playing what instrument? Harmonica

13)  Literature, who created the children’s character Noddy? Enid blyton?

14)  How many cents are there in a US nickel? 5?

15)  Film, what is the name of the 1985 film starring Harrison Ford as Detective John Book who is charged with protecting a young Amish boy? Witness?

16)  TV, on which comedy show might you have seen Statler and Waldorf? The muppet show

17)  Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, Davy Jones, and Peter Tork  were members of which 1960’s pop group? The monkees

18)  Science, the MMR vaccine protects against which three diseases? Mumps, measles and rubella

19)  Classical music, who wrote the opera ‘Die Zauberflöte’, in English, ‘The Magic Flute’? Mozart?

20)  History, how was New York known prior to 1664?

21)  Food and drink, what colour is the drink Absynthe? Green?

22)  Geography, ‘Uluru’ is the Aboriginal name for which well known Australian geographical feature? Ayers Rock

23)  Literature, what was the name of the 1936 novel by Daphne Du Maurier about Cornish shipwreckers? Jamaica inn

24)  In the NATO phonetic alphabet, what word is used for the letter ‘N’? November?

25)  ♪♫ Come all without, come all within
             You'll not see nothing like the * * * * * *    * * * * *
              Come all without, come all within
              You'll not see nothing like the * * * * * *    * * * * *♪♫

Fill in the missing words for the title of this Manfred Mann song the mighty Quinn

POP HITS BY COMEDIANS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Which comedian had the massive-selling 1965 hit ‘Tears’?

BQ2)  Which comedian had a novelty hit with ‘My Boomerang Won’t Come Back’? Charlie drake

BQ3)  Which comedy actor had a 1971 number one hit with ‘Granddad’? Clive Dunn

BQ4)  From the 1979 film ‘Life of Brian’, which comedy actor wrote and sang the song ’Always Look on the Bright Side of Life’? Eric Idle

BQ5)  Which comedian had a 1975 number one hit with ‘D.I.V.O.R.C.E.

STINKER)  What is the chemical symbol for Potassium? K

TRICKY)  In the TV sitcom ‘The Good Life’, what was the surname of Tom and Barbara Good’s next door neighbours Margo and Jerry?

Solo effort tonight Ray but think some of the questions were in my favour.

Evening LL.

A brill score of 27 correct, a cracking solo effort.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 15525
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

on Fri Jun 07 2019, 21:54
@Gassey wrote:
@raymyjamie wrote:A very Good Evening to you lovely Rejects
It’s Friday night once more.
Get settled in your favourite seat.
Let’s have a cracker of a quiz.
NSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

1)  Who had a 1963 number one hit with the double ‘A’ side ‘The Next Time / Bachelor Boy’   CLIFF RICHARD

2)  Geography, which river separates Cornwall from Devon?

3)  TV, who played Rene Artois in the WW2 comedy `Allo Allo`?  GORDON KAYE

4)  Film, who played the title role in David Lean’s 1965 film ‘Doctor Zhivago’?  OMAR SHARIFF

5)  ‘Porcine’ is the descriptive adjective of which animal?  PIG

6)  Food and drink, what type of foodstuff is ‘Feta’?  CHEESE

7)  Science, which planet in our solar system is farthest from the sun?  PLUTO

8 )  In relation to cars, what does the acronym ‘SUV’ mean?  SPORT UTILITY VEHICLE

9)  Sport, which British athlete won gold in both the 5,000 and 10,000 metres in the Summer Olympics in 2016?

10)  History, from which country did Algeria gain independence on 5th July 1962?

11)  From what 1964 Walt Disney film musical does the song ‘A Spoonful of Sugar’come?  MARY POPPINS

12)  Larry Adler was famous for playing what instrument?   PIANO

13)  Literature, who created the children’s character Noddy?  ENID BLYTON

14)  How many cents are there in a US nickel?   FIVE

15)  Film, what is the name of the 1985 film starring Harrison Ford as Detective John Book who is charged with protecting a young Amish boy?  WITNESS

16)  TV, on which comedy show might you have seen Statler and Waldorf?   MUPPET SHOW

17)  Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, Davy Jones, and Peter Tork  were members of which 1960’s pop group?  THE MONKEES

18)  Science, the MMR vaccine protects against which three diseases?  MEASLES , MUMPS <,AND RUBELLA

19)  Classical music, who wrote the opera ‘Die Zauberflöte’, in English, ‘The Magic Flute’?  MOZART

20)  History, how was New York known prior to 1664?

21)  Food and drink, what colour is the drink Absynthe?  GREEN

22)  Geography, ‘Uluru’ is the Aboriginal name for which well known Australian geographical feature?  AYRES ROCK

23)  Literature, what was the name of the 1936 novel by Daphne Du Maurier about Cornish shipwreckers?  JAMAICA INN

24)  In the NATO phonetic alphabet, what word is used for the letter ‘N’?    NOVEMBER

25)  ♪♫ Come all without, come all within
             You'll not see nothing like the * * * * * *    * * * * *
              Come all without, come all within
              You'll not see nothing like the   MIGHTY QUINN♪





Fill in the missing words for the title of this Manfred Mann song

POP HITS BY COMEDIANS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Which comedian had the massive-selling 1965 hit ‘Tears’?   KEN DODD

BQ2)  Which comedian had a novelty hit with ‘My Boomerang Won’t Come Back’?   CHARLIE DRAKE

BQ3)  Which comedy actor had a 1971 number one hit with ‘Granddad’?   CLIVE DUNN

BQ4)  From the 1979 film ‘Life of Brian’, which comedy actor wrote and sang the song ’Always Look on the Bright Side of Life’?   ERIC IDLE

BQ5)  Which comedian had a 1975 number one hit with ‘D.I.V.O.R.C.E.  BILLY CONNOLLY

STINKER)  What is the chemical symbol for Potassium?

TRICKY)  In the TV sitcom ‘The Good Life’, what was the surname of Tom and Barbara Good’s next door neighbours Margo and Jerry?   LEADBETTER

Evening Gassey.

A really super score of 25 correct, very well done.

Sorry for late reply, I stupidly missed your post, a senior moment  Laughing   Laughing
Gassey
Gassey
Posts : 2460
Join date : 2016-10-18
Age : 66
Location : Pemberton

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

on Fri Jun 07 2019, 21:57
No worries Ray , must be hard to keep
up with everyones posts WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 709307421
Lima Lima
Lima Lima
Posts : 1435
Join date : 2014-01-25
Age : 45

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

on Fri Jun 07 2019, 22:31
I did alright. Need to get rid of the dead weight if that’s how I do on my Todd. Very Happy
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 15525
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

on Fri Jun 07 2019, 22:44
@Lima Lima wrote:I did alright. Need to get rid of the dead weight if that’s how I do on my Todd. Very Happy

LOL Laughing

I LOVE it that your other half is 'dead weight'.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 15525
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

on Fri Jun 07 2019, 22:47
I've been sat doing the quiz since 8 o'clock, so yours truly

is taking a break now for a few scoops.

I'll mark any latecomers and post the answers tomorrow.

Night night.
avatar
marieM
Posts : 997
Join date : 2013-12-10

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

on Sat Jun 08 2019, 07:34
1. Cliff Richard
2.
3. Gordon Kaye
4. Omar Sharif
5. Pig
6. Cheese
7. Pluto
8.
9.
10. France.
11. Mary Poppins
12. Mouth Organ
13. Enid Blyton
14. Ten
15.
16. Muppets
17. Monkees
18. Measles, Mumps, Rubella
19.
20. New Amsterdam
21. White
22. Ayres Rock
23.
24.November
25. The mighty quinn

BBq 1. Kenn Dodd
2. Rolf Harris
3. Clive Dunne
4.
5.

Tricky Leadbetter

raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 15525
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

on Sat Jun 08 2019, 13:13
@marieM wrote:1. Cliff Richard WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300
2.
3. Gordon Kaye WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300
4. Omar Sharif WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300
5. Pig WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300
6. Cheese WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300
7. Pluto
8.
9.
10. France. WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300
11. Mary Poppins WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300
12. Mouth Organ WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300
13. Enid Blyton WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300
14. Ten
15.
16. Muppets WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300
17. Monkees WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300
18. Measles, Mumps, Rubella WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300
19.
20. New Amsterdam WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300
21. White
22. Ayres Rock WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300
23.
24.November WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300
25. The mighty quinn WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300

BBq 1. Kenn Dodd WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300
       2. Rolf Harris
       3. Clive Dunne WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300
       4.
       5.

Tricky  Leadbetter WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 154235300


Good afternoon Marie.

Sorry for late marking, I have been asleep al morning!!!!!!!! LOL

An excellent round of quizzing, very well played indeed.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 15525
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

on Sat Jun 08 2019, 13:14
Well done to all? last night’s / this morning’s quizzers  WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 3530011831  WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 3530011831  WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 3530011831

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz Answers 7-6-19

1)  Who had a 1963 number one hit with the double ‘A’ side ‘The Next Time / Bachelor Boy’
Cliff Richard and the Shadows

2)  Geography, which river separates Cornwall from Devon?
Tamar

3)  TV, who played Rene Artois in the WW2 comedy `Allo Allo`?
Gordon Kaye

4)  Film, who played the title role in David Lean’s 1965 film ‘Doctor Zhivago’?
Omar Sharif

5)  ‘Porcine’ is the descriptive adjective of which animal?
Pig

6)  Food and drink, what type of foodstuff is ‘Feta’?
Cheese

7)  Science, which planet in our solar system is farthest from the sun?
Neptune, Pluto has been downgraded to a 'Dwarf Planet'

8 )  In relation to cars, what does the acronym ‘SUV’ mean?
Sport Utility Vehicle

9)  Sport, which British athlete won gold in both the 5,000 and 10,000 metres in the Summer Olympics in 2016?
Sir Mo Farah  

10)  History, from which country did Algeria gain independence on 5th July 1962?
France

11)  From what 1964 Walt Disney film musical does the song ‘A Spoonful of Sugar’come?
Mary Poppins

12)  Larry Adler was famous for playing what instrument?
Harmonica

13)  Literature, who created the children’s character Noddy?
Enid Blighton

14)  How many cents are there in a US nickel?
 Five

15)  Film, what is the name of the 1985 film starring Harrison Ford as Detective John Book who is charged with protecting a young Amish boy?
Witness  

16)  TV, on which comedy show might you have seen Statler and Waldorf?
The Muppet Show

17)  Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, Davy Jones, and Peter Tork  were members of which 1960’s pop group?
 The Monkees

18)  Science, the MMR vaccine protects against which three diseases?
Measles, Mumps and Rubella

19)  Classical music, who wrote the opera ‘Die Zauberflöte’, in English, ‘The Magic Flute’?
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

20)  History, how was New York known prior to 1664?
New Amsterdam

21)  Food and drink, what colour is the drink Absynthe?
Green  

22)  Geography, ‘Uluru’ is the Aboriginal name for which well known Australian geographical feature?
Ayers Rock

23)  Literature, what was the name of the 1936 novel by Daphne Du Maurier about Cornish shipwreckers?
Jamaica Inn

24)  In the NATO  phonetic alphabet, what word is used for the letter ‘N’?
  November

25)  ♪♫ Come all without, come all within
             You'll not see nothing like the * * * * * *    * * * * *
              Come all without, come all within
              You'll not see nothing like the * * * * * *    * * * * *♪♫

Fill in the missing words for the title of this Manfred Mann song
Mighty Quinn

POP HITS BY COMEDIANS BONUS QUESTIONS

BQ1)  Which comedian had the massive-selling 1965 hit ‘Tears’?
Ken Dodd  

BQ2)  Which comedian had a novelty hit with ‘My Boomerang Won’t Come Back’?
Charlie Drake

BQ3)  Which comedy actor had a 1971 number one hit with ‘Granddad’?
Clive Dunn

BQ4)  From the 1979 film ‘Life of Brian’, which comedy actor wrote and sang the song ’Always Look on the Bright Side of Life’?
 Eric Idle

BQ5)  Which comedian had a 1975 number one hit with ‘D.I.V.O.R.C.E.
Billie Connolly

STINKER)  What is the chemical symbol for Potassium?
K

TRICKY)  In the TV sitcom ‘The Good Life’, what was the surname of Tom and Barbara Good’s next door neighbours Margo and Jerry?
Leadbetter  
avatar
marieM
Posts : 997
Join date : 2013-12-10

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

on Sat Jun 08 2019, 13:26
Thanks very much Ray for your hard work.
raymyjamie
raymyjamie
Posts : 15525
Join date : 2013-12-12
Location : Howfen near the Hindley border

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

on Sat Jun 08 2019, 13:47
@marieM wrote:Thanks very much Ray for your hard work.

Thank you Marie, you played a blinder WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 3530011831
Sponsored content

WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19 - Page 2 Empty Re: WR Friday Night Pub Quiz 7-6-19

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum