Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Temeluchus
Temeluchus

WR Seed/Plant Exchange Empty WR Seed/Plant Exchange

Sat Feb 14 2015, 14:08
Thought it may be a good idea to have a thread where seeds/plants can be exchanged, if anyone has a glut of a particular type of seed or whatnot, and if they have a particular desire for a certain type of seed. I will be sorting through my seeds next weekend (hopefully!) and will put a list up of what I have.

WR Seed/Plant Exchange 709307421
veg grower
veg grower

WR Seed/Plant Exchange Empty Re: WR Seed/Plant Exchange

Sat Feb 14 2015, 14:11
I was going to suggest this because I think we all know one another to trust to send etc. I'll look through mine when I get back from the plot. Very Happy
tomplum
tomplum
Admin
http://www.tomplum.co.uk

Sat Feb 28 2015, 23:09
yea excellent idea, I have loads of marigolds and sweet pea seeds i saved from last year, I'll post some to anyone who wants them, just PM your postal address and I'll pop em in an envelope
Temeluchus
Temeluchus

Sat Feb 28 2015, 23:31
WR Seed/Plant Exchange 709307421

I'm going through my seeds tomorrow, will have a see what I have.
veg grower
veg grower

Sun Mar 01 2015, 11:35
Tomplum I would love some of your seeds - either of them would be great - Marigolds help to keep aphids at bay and Sweet Peas would be great for climbing up the fences of my new plot. Very Happy

Here is what I have to offer to anyone interested - some can be split of course.  I am looking for alternative tomato varieties or cherry tomatoes, chillis, strange peas or beans, green courgette or purple cabbage or sprouts - or anything a bit different - not grown anything strange or exotic for a while.  I'm not bothered about quantities, I don't mind if I end up giving more seed - I'm not one for splitting hairs LOL.

Tomato - 'First In Field' a bush-type variety - full pkt of about 15 seeds from Dolmio.
Tomato - 'Moneymaker' a cordon variety - about 10/15 seeds left over DT Brown.
Tomato - 'Gardeners Delight' a cordon variety - about 20 seeds left over Which magazine.
Aubergine - 'Black Beauty' - about 30 seeds left over Mr Fothergill's - says sow by date 2013 but they are still viable.
Melon - 'Arava' F1  galia variety - 3 seeds left over Johnsons Seeds.
Cucumber - 'Beth Alpha' - baby variety so quicker to crop - 11 seeds left over from Wilko.
Cucumber - 'Marketmore 76' - usually grown outdoors - 4 seeds left over Mr Fothergills.
Cucumber - 'Burpless Tasty Green F1' - indoor variety - 4 seeds left over - Kings Seeds.
Squash - 'Sunburst F1' - yellow patty pan (round) style summer squash - 5 seeds left over Mr Fothergills.
1 gram full pkt of 'Italian Mix' Salad Leaves - Suttons Seeds.
Courgette - 'Sunbeam F1' yellow courgette/marrow variety - 5 seeds left over - Kings Seeds.
Kale - 'Dwarf Green Curled' - lovely winter greens - about 50 seeds left over Wilko.
Spinach Beet - 'Perpetual Spinach' - about 20 cluster seeds left over - Mr Fothergills.
Broccoli - 'Green Calabrese' - 20/30 seeds - Mr Fothergills.
Leek - 'Lyon 2 Prizetaker' - about 50 seeds - Wilko.
Parsnips - 'Hollow Crown' - about 100 seeds - Wilko.
Got quite a few herb pkts that I have just bought as I intend having a herb bed, some of them contain a thousand seeds so happy to split any of these - Oregano, Coriander, Thyme, Chives, Sage, Fennel, Dill, Chervil, Basil, Parsley - flat & curled.
Also have onion sets and seed potatoes that can be swapped Laughing I have lots of padded envelopes - although some may think I need a padded cell LOL. Laughing
tomplum
tomplum
Admin

Sun Mar 01 2015, 12:45
ok VG, PM me your address and i'll sent you some of each, I don't realy want any seeds in exchange as I already have enough of what i want and my veg patch is only small so there not much room for anything more once i get my peas,spuds and onions in, I never buy potato sets, we buy our potatoes to eat in 56lb bags, by the time we are getting to the bottom they are sprouting, so i cut them up and plant them, I' get a good crop every year this way ( touch wood),
I'll also sent you some mystery seeds, they're from a flower that i don't know, I grew them last year from a 'shake 'n rake' pack from B+M bargains, they are a tall yellow flower that has a carrott shped head and when the sun shines they open up into like a big buttercup, they close again when the sun goes in,
veg grower
veg grower

Sun Mar 01 2015, 13:15
Thats very kind of you Tom - if you change your mind about any of my seeds, just let me know - I'll PM you my details now. Very Happy
tomplum
tomplum
Admin

Mon Mar 02 2015, 13:59
they're on their way Veggie, posted this morning WR Seed/Plant Exchange 709307421

Mon Mar 02 2015, 14:06
Anyone remember the packet of Bumblebee wildflower seeds I won? Well I have nowhere to sew them out. Anyone want them?
veg grower
veg grower

Tue Mar 03 2015, 13:31
@tomplum wrote:they're on their way Veggie, posted this morning WR Seed/Plant Exchange 709307421

Hi Tom, I got my seeds this morning, many thanks! flower

No-one want any of my seeds? Laughing Or Mac's? Laughing

I was hoping to have a clear out - don't mind posting some out if you have none to exchange - I'm not funny like that LOL - you can have them for nowt!

Anyone fancy trying a different type of Cucumber or Courgette? Laughing

Tue Mar 03 2015, 17:48
Thompson and Morgan
Temeluchus
Temeluchus

Sat Mar 21 2015, 22:21
Got some of the unwins pots - basil, red alert tomatoes, and something else I can't remember.
Vixen
Vixen
Admin

Sat Mar 21 2015, 22:23
I've got some minature daff bulbs going beggin...

Sun Mar 22 2015, 07:50
My Mother once grew a particular type of pea that she called "mangatowt"!! They were mange-tout!! Laughing

I hope veggie finds her plot. I wouldn't like to think that she's lost it!! Wink

It would be interesting to see TomPlums tribe eating potatoes. I can't really understand why they get into 56lb bags to do it!!
veg grower
veg grower

Sun Mar 22 2015, 11:25
Shame on you Heiro! Laughing

Hows that lawn coming along?
Hieronymous
Hieronymous

Sun Mar 22 2015, 21:04
Okay, I think. Time will tell.
Sponsored content