Three Sisters racetrack closes!

on Tue May 02 2017, 16:39

Re: Three Sisters racetrack closes!

on Tue May 02 2017, 16:44
who are the owners its a bit contradictory
Mac

on Tue May 02 2017, 16:53
Why is it contradictory? The council own the land, the people who lease the track are the management. It is they who have gone into liquidation. The Council are investigating

on Tue May 02 2017, 17:03
I thought Aintree racing club leased the track
Mac

on Tue May 02 2017, 17:06
Whoever leases it are the 'management'.

Tonker will tell you who leases it...Probably.

on Tue May 02 2017, 18:58
Racing School ltd. They lease it off Wigan council and sub let it to several clubs as well as using it themselves for their 'school' and 'experience' days.

I don't know why the council can't run it themselves.
Mac

on Tue May 02 2017, 19:00
I know there are go kart racing companies on the Three sisters site who sub let it and they are having their assets removed.

on Tue May 02 2017, 19:14
I've sent Bill Jackson an e-mail, asking him if he can shed any light on this. HYe's the president of the Preston and District Motorcycle Racing Club, of which I've been a member for many years.
Mac

on Tue May 02 2017, 19:15
Good man. WR, first with the news.

on Tue May 02 2017, 19:22
Preston Club held a two-day race meeting there last weekend 29th / 30th April and results are shown on their site, so it must have happened quick!

I can imagine the fixtures to be safe though.
gaffer

on Tue May 02 2017, 19:28
Aintree racing drivers school accounts are overdue and there's no cash in the business.
Mac

on Tue May 02 2017, 20:12
The mystery is solved. Hurrah!

http://www.tomplum.co.uk

on Tue May 02 2017, 20:24
the developers will be glad of this mystery ((( wink wink))) It will be easier to sell the 500 houses without all the din coming from the track,  Rolling Eyes
tonker

on Tue May 02 2017, 22:47
Aintree Racing Drivers School don't hold the lease.  It's 'LAT Holdings ltd.'.   Their sub-companies operate from most of the tracks in the UK and they are shown as being quite solvent.

Anyway, Bill has e-mailed me back and he says,  "Future racing at the Three Sisters Circuit is in the lap of the Gods".

The club says,

"Hi all.
PDMCC will give full details regarding Three Sisters when we have more news. We will publish it on this page. Thanks for your patience".

In other words, they know as much as us.  Nowt!   Rolling Eyes

The company running the Three Sisters is run by the Foulstons, who owned Motor Circuit Developments.  They were involved with the running of Brands, Oulton, Mallory, and several other big-name circuits.  Nicola Foulston .......... Net Worth!
Sir Bob

on Wed May 03 2017, 06:53
Fireplace hates the Three Sisters Track ...
Sir Bob

on Wed May 03 2017, 06:54
I was there when the Queen opened the Three Sisters Smile
Sir Bob

on Wed May 03 2017, 07:00
I remember the three sisters slag heaps, they used to smoke, apparently they were on fire and it was sulphur which was burning and from Bamfurlong they looked like a volcanoes and if wind was blowing from the direction of them you could smell the burning sulphur, which stinks and at the bottom of our garden there was a tip and that used to stink too, that made Bamfurlong in the 1960's a very pooey place to live elephant
tomplum

on Wed May 03 2017, 09:14
I too remember the Queen coming, My Mum got out the  best china tin cups in case she popped in our house for a cup of tea and to use the outside Lav, The three sisters was a great adventure playground for us lads at the time,We used corrugated roofing sheets as sleighs to bob sliegh the mountains and the boldest would ride down the steep sides on bikes and if you survived that, we went fishing in the ' long n' narrows'  None of which would be allowed today, I don't remember any accidents but the must have been some, I expect the sulphure from the slag tips cured all ailments and no one noticed, 
Bring um back I say,
Sir Bob

on Wed May 03 2017, 09:47
@tomplum wrote:I too remember the Queen coming, My Mum got out the  best china tin cups in case she popped in our house for a cup of tea and to use the outside Lav, The three sisters was a great adventure playground for us lads at the time,We used corrugated roofing sheets as sleighs to bob sliegh the mountains and the boldest would ride down the steep sides on bikes and if you survived that, we went fishing in the ' long n' narrows'  None of which would be allowed today, I don't remember any accidents but the must have been some, I expect the sulphure from the slag tips cured all ailments and no one noticed, 
Bring um back I say,

I agree we should 'bring um back' and as a kid many a time we would set out to explore the three sisters slag heaps, but we never got there and I don't know why and neither did we find the 'mythical' bloo waters, which I seem to have a very early recollection of, but it was only some years later that it turned that they had been filled in during the 1960's

I once caught a perch in the razzor and had a ride on a steam engine at Ince Moss sidings.

Kids today though, they don't know their born clown
tomplum

on Wed May 03 2017, 14:50
You were recognized in the  crowd by HER MAJ
Admin
Admin

on Wed May 03 2017, 15:09
Save Three Sisters Race Circuit
https://www.facebook.com/saveourcircuit/

WWW.Wigan-Rejects.com
Admin
Admin

on Wed May 03 2017, 15:18
The leaseholder of Three Sisters Race Circuit, Motor Circuit Management Ltd (MCM) confirms it was advised yesterday that the circuit operating company The Racing School has gone into liquidation..

MCM is aware that all the permanent and casual staff were made redundant and as lease holder we were advised that the operator was no longer in a position to operate the circuit under our agreements.

As a result MCM is urgently looking to put in place either a new circuit operator or management in order to re-open the circuit. As soon as we are in a position to confirm a re-opening date a further press release will be issued.

Can we thank the fans and customers of Three Sisters Race Circuit for their support and understanding during this difficult time and reassure the public that we are doing all we can to step in to re-employ the many staff whose livelihoods depend on the circuit and to ensure this valuable North West facility remains operational.

Given the staff shortages there is no one manning the phones or circuit and any updates will be communicated via the Three Sisters Facebook page at the present time.

Further Information on Three Sisters Race Circuit please visit:

https://www.facebook.com/threesistersracecircuit/

http://www.three-sisters.co.uk/

Last edited by Admin on Wed May 03 2017, 15:49; edited 1 time in total

WWW.Wigan-Rejects.com
Admin
Admin

on Wed May 03 2017, 15:25
.... documents have revealed that the self-proclaimed lease owners, Motorsport Circuit Management Ltd, tenants The Racing School Ltd and also Three Sisters Racing Ltd, which has gone into liquidation, all have involvement from members with the same family name. The site today remains locked. But at around 10.30am, the managing director of Motorsport Circuit Management Ltd, Mark Foulston, emerged from within the facility to unlock and re-secure the gates behind him.. Mr Foulston explained that the company he is managing, Motorsport Circuit Management Ltd, was owed £700,000 by Three Sisters Racing Circuit Ltd. But companies house shows that following its liquidation in 2015, Three Sisters Racing Circuit Ltd was sold to The Racing School Ltd, which is owned by Josiah James Foulston.

Read more at: http://www.wigantoday.net/news/shock-as-three-sisters-race-circuit-closes-1-8523074

WWW.Wigan-Rejects.com
Vixen

on Wed May 03 2017, 17:04
family feud then..........
tonker

on Wed May 03 2017, 17:18
Last night, I sent the WeP article to my mate, Pete, simply saying "Pete, Read This"!

His response follows  ........

Hello Gavin,
Had not seen this.
I am wondering if these owners are the same Foulston mob that once owned the Brands /Oulton/Mallory/Cadwell/Snetterton circuits.

The appallingly greedy Nicola Foulston headed up that bunch of sharks after she inherited the business (Brands Hatch Leisure) from her late father (who was the Atlantic computer leasing crook) after he killed himself in a race car at Silverstone.  Her brother was Josh (Josiah ?) Foulston and was part of the artificial BSB circus until that shark Jonathan Palmer (a mate of Bernie Ecclestone) purchased the lot when Nicola was forced to sell up after she crossed Bernie over her proposals to hold the Britich car GP at Brands, yet failed to deliver.
It was apparently a case of either sell up to one of my companies (who later sold it all on to Palmer) or get the concrete over-shoes.

All very intersting but also very depressing.  If it is the same Foulston Edited by admin at it again they have once again managed to cause chaos for another British motorsport venue and have done over lots of real racers.  The only good thing is that it may increase business for the good amateur folk at Aintree who can always do with more entries.

Please let me know if you learn more.

Drop in some time when you are about. It is always good to chat.

Regards,
Peter.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum