Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

Happy Birthday Billy Boston Empty Happy Birthday Billy Boston

on Tue Aug 06 2019, 09:00
85 today

Happy Birthday Billy Boston _91016367_aba1508a-414f-4ecf-a9ba-2abf58c516d1

Born in Tiger Bay in Cardiff in 1934, Billy Boston learnt his trade in rugby union before switching codes at the age of 19
He was snapped up by Wigan after impressive performances at the Catterick-based Royal Signals
Boston earned hero status at Wigan with his pace and often ran rings around opponents
He won three Challenge Cups and an RFL Championship title in 1960
He also scored 24 tries in 31 appearances for Great Britain and was a member of the team that won the 1960 World Cup

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Boston

Happy Birthday Billy Boston Empty Re: Happy Birthday Billy Boston

on Tue Aug 06 2019, 09:51
A legend. He did Wigan proud. I never knew he finished his Career at Blackpool Borough. Have a great day mate

on Tue Aug 06 2019, 11:08
Top class player and gentleman. A well respected adopted Wiganer.

on Tue Aug 06 2019, 18:59
I remember going with my mates to the ‘Hen Pen’ in Central Park in the 1950’s to watch Billy Boston, also the likes of Eric Ashton and Brian McTigue, happy days.
Best Wishes to Billy.

on Tue Aug 06 2019, 20:50
Met a man from St Helens today.  A young man.  I told him that it was BB birthday today.  I expected him to laugh. and say he'd never heard of him.  Quite the opposite, he knew who he was and admired him.

Posted by Mac

Sadly, I wanted it to be posted over there before ray did, Tomp couldn't as he was busy, and Tonker is in Mora. 
Ray is using this as an advert for his forum, a watering down of an already small pool., but hey, his choice.
Did no one notice his edit on the hobbies thread, where he stated he was on WR private messaging users to join his forum?
I stopped his PM's, he wasn't banned or he would have had no need to delete his account, as there wouldn't have been one to delete.

For the record, the site was mine, is mine and will still be mine. I set it up, built it around members, Eront was moderator, I had overall control.

This is the page gaffer suggests he would sue me over.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php

Last edited by him on Mon Aug 26 2019, 22:52; edited 1 time in total
tomplum
tomplum
Admin
http://www.tomplum.co.uk

on Tue Aug 06 2019, 21:11
raymyjamie wrote:I remember going with my mates to the ‘Hen Pen’ in Central Park in the 1950’s to watch Billy Boston, also the likes of Eric Ashton and Brian McTigue, happy days.
Best Wishes to Billy.

I also attended the Hen Pen, then climbed over the wall into the higher priced stands, as most did, to watch our hero Billy and the team, ten later on in life I worked in the refubishment of the ' Billy Boston stand at Central Park, I have never forgiven them for selling it to tesco,

Happy Birthday Billy Boston, Happy Birthday Billy Boston 709307421
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum