Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
tomplum
tomplum
Admin
http://www.tomplum.co.uk

Road kill Empty Road kill

on Sun Jul 05 2020, 15:43
I've seen my first road kill on the Goose Green Westwood linkway

A hedgehog, I hope its not my prickles, Crying or Very sad
Mac
Mac
Admin

Road kill Empty Re: Road kill

on Sun Jul 05 2020, 16:24
I expect a lot of cats to meet their fate on that road. Incompetent planners can't create wildlife tunnels.

on Sun Jul 05 2020, 19:01
I saw that hedgehog meself this morning on the Wigan bound carriageway Sad

I have not heard any traffic from that road, except emergency vehicle sirens until today, when it sounded like a couple of idiots were drag racing on it .....

tomplum
tomplum
Admin
http://www.tomplum.co.uk

on Sun Jul 05 2020, 21:07
I've never seen any more than 2 cars on it at any one time, I've not yet driven on it, but cycled along it many times and I love it BUT, the cycle path should have gone over the bridge over Poolstock lane instead of ramping off then reramping back, It goes over the canal bridge so why not over Poolstock Lane ?? scratch
d
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

on Sun Jul 05 2020, 22:38
@tomplum wrote:I've never seen any more than 2 cars on it at any one time,  I've not yet driven on it, but cycled along it many times and I love it BUT, the cycle path should have gone over the bridge over Poolstock lane instead of ramping off then reramping back, It goes over the canal bridge so why not over Poolstock Lane ??     scratch
d

The pavement and cycle path does go over Poolstock Lane bridge, in fact the Wigan bound road from the roundabout at Goose Green is pavemented all the way into Wigan, on the road itself, the other footpath and cycle path is a second construction, but going the other way, the road from the second roundabout at Westwood at the point where the 'red route' starts, there is no pavement on that side to Goose Green ....

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum