Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
tonker
tonker

WEARISH LANE,  Westhoughton, Bolton .... Empty WEARISH LANE, Westhoughton, Bolton ....

on Sun Aug 16 2020, 19:08
.... I had to make a delivery, to a house in WEARISH LANE, WESTHOUGHTON and, as I got out of the car, I didn't notice a red and white truck passing.
It turned out to be Firefox, off WiganWorld and he recognised me.

Well, he presumed it was me, as he'd heard that I was delivering to an address in WEARISH LANE, WESTHOUGHTON sometime that day.

Apparently, Firefox had been dropping off a recovered vehicle to another address on WEARISH LANE, just a few doors further up than where I was delivering to.
You couldn't make it up, could you, both me and firefox, delivering to two addresses on WEARISH LANE, on the same day!

What a surprise! Very Happy

Mac
Mac
Admin

WEARISH LANE,  Westhoughton, Bolton .... Empty Re: WEARISH LANE, Westhoughton, Bolton ....

on Sun Aug 16 2020, 20:44
What road is Wearish Lane off?

WEARISH LANE,  Westhoughton, Bolton .... Empty Re: WEARISH LANE, Westhoughton, Bolton ....

on Sun Aug 16 2020, 20:56
@Mac wrote:What road is Wearish Lane off?

Hindley Road, Mac! Rolling Eyes
tomplum
tomplum
Admin
http://www.tomplum.co.uk

on Sun Aug 16 2020, 20:57
as I got out of the car, I didn't notice a red and white truck passing.

if you never noticed it, how did you know who was driving ?? scratch
tonker
tonker

on Sun Aug 16 2020, 21:06
@tomplum wrote:as I got out of the car, I didn't notice a red and white truck passing.

if you never noticed it, how did you know who was driving ?? scratch

Because, Firefox contacted me and said he's seen me getting out of my car, at NUMBER 87, WEARISH LANE, WESTHOUGHTON. About half-way up, on the RIGHT HAND SIDE.
He said it was a red and white truck he drove past me. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known!
Clearly! Rolling Eyes
tomplum
tomplum
Admin
http://www.tomplum.co.uk

on Sun Aug 16 2020, 21:31
aw reet aw reet wind yer neck in, I'm just askin' Very Happy
Mac
Mac
Admin

on Sat Sep 26 2020, 16:25
Were you on Wearish lane today, Tonker?
I thought I saw the back of your ghead, thiouygh I was distracted by a tiny old man walking along the road wearing a mask, there was no one else around but him and his elderly female companion. Very Happy

on Sat Sep 26 2020, 17:45
@Mac wrote: Were you on Wearish lane today, Tonker? .... I was distracted by a tiny old man walking along the road wearing a mask, there was no one else around but him and his elderly female companion. Very Happy

No, Mac. I haven't been on WEARISH LANE today. I've awarded myself the day off, as I'm going over to Spain tomorrow morning!

However, I was at - NUMBER 87 WEARISH LANE - yesterday, for a while.

By the way, were that tiny old man, and his elderly female companion, wearing face-masks AND plastic visors? And, as they walked along WEARISH LANE, were they driving a white SKODA YETI ? Laughing Rolling Eyes
Mac
Mac
Admin

on Sat Sep 26 2020, 18:00
They walked onto a drive that had the above vehicle on it. WEARISH LANE,  Westhoughton, Bolton .... 3872706009

on Sat Sep 26 2020, 18:55
Did it have big iron gates, to keep the riff-raff out?
Mac
Mac
Admin

on Sun Sep 27 2020, 12:53
Big gates to him. Mind, a picket fence would be a security fence to him.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum