Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Vixen
Vixen
Admin

Alley Gate Consultation Empty Alley Gate Consultation

on Sat Oct 03 2020, 17:39
Do you have an alley gate near your property? Do you want to keep it or have it removed?

let the Council know by 13th October 2020.

Alley Gate Consultation

Admin
http://www.tomplum.co.uk

Alley Gate Consultation Empty Re: Alley Gate Consultation

on Sat Oct 03 2020, 17:48
I can understand why that is a good idea, Some are a bloody nuisance but needed, some are just a bloody nuisance Smile
Vixen
Vixen
Admin

on Sat Oct 03 2020, 19:25
There's one at the back of ours and it's never locked unless we lock it, so might as well not be there......

Admin

on Sat Oct 03 2020, 19:34
They were installed to prevent flytipping. The tenants petitioned for them. All they have done is prove it's the same tenants doing the flytipping.

Last edited by Mac on Sun Oct 04 2020, 05:58; edited 1 time in total

on Sat Oct 03 2020, 21:33
No break ins or thefts from back gardens since our row had alleygates fitted.
tomplum
tomplum
Admin

on Sat Oct 03 2020, 21:56
Thats a good point mortie but, as a workman, getting in and out is a pain until , I found I could get in any ally gate with a simple tool, If I worked it out, so would many more, its not rocket science , No
Vixen
Vixen
Admin

on Sat Oct 03 2020, 21:59
@mortarmillbill wrote:No break ins or thefts from back gardens since our row had alleygates fitted.

the thing is if people don't take part in the consultation will they remove them all?

Admin

on Sun Oct 04 2020, 05:59
I have the keys to fit all alleygates. Am always asked by pikeys to open them for scrap.

on Sun Oct 04 2020, 09:45
Pat Dooney had a big thing about Alley Gates, and he drove me round the bend with it, in that nearly every morning he would ring me up and tell me the latest instalment in his Alley Gate saga ....

Behind were Pat lived, there was and probably still is a vibrant  community use of allotments, and other various bits and pieces of land, and on one of these plots of land there is a business, I forget what it does, or if it is still there, but the access to that area is the last two entries before the end of Bryn Road, and if you turn left there is an access entry off Bolton Road.

So when the Alley Gates were fitted, that being three of them, Pat expected them to be locked at all times, and what happened was that through the day, there were numerous vehicle movements in and out of those backs on Bryn Road, and Bolton Road, and cars and vans were going in and out of there all day, and Pat expected that every time a vehicle came and went, the driver should unlock the gate, and then lock it up behind them, before they drove off, and of course they didn't, they unlocked the gates in a morning and left them unlocked all day.

So I told Pat that if access is needed in the daytime, so what are you bothered about, just lock them at night when everyone has gone home, but he would not be told, and he spent his days literally running out after vehicles and locking the gates, and when the vehicle returned, the driver would have to unlock the gate, or get someone with a key to unlock the gate, Pat was a complete pillock over them, and the arguments he had with folk about them, were numerous, and how he didn't get thumped I just don't know, because he was an absolute sod over them.

There are things he did I won't say, and they say don't cross and Irish mon, and I have to agree with that saying.

He made numerous calls to the council about them, and they told him there was nothing they could do about it, and one of the crackers he came out with, was to say that the council should take the key off the residents who did not lock the gates, so I took the piss and said "so you want a council mon, with his collar and tie on, and clip board in hand, with his identification badge around his neck, he should knock on doors and say 'come on give us your key' we are taking it off you" so I carried on "well what happens when the resident tells the council man to eff off" so Pat had a think about it and said "well they should change the lock and only give a key to those who lock the gates" so I said "well how will the council know who locks the gates, and who doesn't" so she said "well they can ask me" and that is the crap I had to listen to just about every day, about those bloody alley gates Very Happy
tomplum
tomplum
Admin

on Sun Oct 04 2020, 12:27
The alley gates conversations came up on every occasion I met him, He loved a good moan about the people who would not shut them,

It matters not now, Very Happy
Sir Bob
Sir Bob

on Sun Oct 04 2020, 15:51
When it came to those Alley Gates, Pat was like a Percy Sugden on steroids clown
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum