Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
bootneck
bootneck

Problems wth sprouts Empty Problems wth sprouts

Sun Dec 22 2013, 19:33
My sprout plants have grown well this year but the sprouts themselves have blown. They are all open instead of being in a tight ball. I've never known this before. Does anybody know the cause of this. I suspect it may be due to overfeeding.

Problems wth sprouts Empty Re: Problems wth sprouts

Sun Dec 22 2013, 19:45
http://www.garden.ie/askgerry_answers.aspx?article=1008

Veg grower our resident gardener must be busy with Christmas duties. I know nowt.lol Meanwhile have a look at the link above
les-bradd
les-bradd

Mon Dec 23 2013, 09:16
How do you kill off grass that keeps appearing through my back yard flagstones ?

Mon Dec 23 2013, 10:01
Salt, then brush silver sand in the gaps, but it will come back a bit.
Hieronymous
Hieronymous

Mon Dec 23 2013, 11:31
@les-bradd wrote:How do you kill off grass that keeps appearing through my back yard flagstones ?

Soluble sachet of glyphosate dissolved in water then mixed with a bit of wallpaper paste to prevent run-off. Brush it in with a yard brush.
QTPIE
QTPIE

Mon Dec 23 2013, 20:29
wee
veg grower
veg grower

Mon Jan 27 2014, 12:03
@bootneck wrote:My sprout plants have grown well this year but the sprouts themselves have blown. They are all open instead of being in a tight ball. I've never known this before. Does anybody know the cause of this. I suspect it may be due to overfeeding.

Did they blow suddenly or did they grow like that from the beginning? I know sometimes it is adviseable to pick some early - I have seen lots of small sprouts for sale this year - they seem to be getting smaller by the year.

As regards the flags - I would go with Mac's - will help to deter slugs and snails - of which we will have even more of this year unless we have a hard frost soon. Laughing 

Mon Jan 27 2014, 12:28
Rock salt provides two aids
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum