Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Japanese Knotweed asbo Empty Japanese Knotweed asbo

Wed Nov 19 2014, 10:06
People can be fined up to £2500 for failing to control this very invasive plant.  I wonder if Russian Vine should be treated the same way.   What a Face

Knotwed
Japanese Knotweed asbo B2yzRwqIcAAPaMy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30110858?ocid=socialflow_twitter
veg grower
veg grower

Japanese Knotweed asbo Empty Re: Japanese Knotweed asbo

Wed Nov 19 2014, 12:29
I thought you had to report it to the local authority as many people have trouble controlling it - seems a bit extreme.

Wed Nov 19 2014, 12:40
@Admin wrote:People can be fined up to £2500 for failing to control this very invasive plant.  I wonder if Russian Vine should be treated the same way.   What a Face

Knotwed
Japanese Knotweed asbo B2yzRwqIcAAPaMy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30110858?ocid=socialflow_twitter

My Russian Vine is full of Wrens
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Nov 19 2014, 13:21
I had Russian Vine pulled out with a mechanical digger 3 years ago. Its back with a vengence. I had argued with the lad that did the job that it would come back. He wouldnt have it though. What a Face
Ragbru
Ragbru
Location : In a land full of pretentious buffoons.(I live alone)

Wed Nov 19 2014, 15:51
I have heard stories of many professional eradicators making the infestation worse, which happens if you kill the aboveground plant, but not the rhizome.

Who will be fined, them, or their customers?

The D.o.E. advice for eradication works, but you have to follow it to the letter.

Will people get fined because they are awaiting the right time to apply the treatment? Early application will exacerbate the problem as previously stated.

Thu Nov 20 2014, 09:13
I had a few bags of weed and feed left over from a job a some several (10) years ago. I kept them at the side of the big shed for a couple of years. Had some knotweeed invading the back of the shed but nothing would kill it. Anyway, I decided as the weed and feed was now in the way, I would get rid. The bags all had little holes in so the feed had gone off. I poured the bags into a bucket, added water and threw it over the knotweed. 6-7 years later, no knotweed.
Hieronymous
Hieronymous

Wed Jan 28 2015, 07:47
If I remember correctly some Japanese aphids were imported in an attempt to control the knotweed. However, at the first frost they all died.

Found this
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum